[DESIGNER VINYLS] Hot or Not?

Posted by Sanjeev 
MattAlt (Admin)
I thought you were kidding -- this is a joke based on "H," who was released as part of the Daikaiju Trump series, which were playing cards sold with Kewpie brand mayonnaise in the Seventies. (What, you didn't KNOW?????? Shame!!!! :)

More pachi-kaiju art here:

[altjapan.typepad.com]
I love those Heater Robots.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
LOL. I think I'm one of the few people on flickr ever to use the tag 'emupaiya'. 75% of those photos are mine.
Holy smokes those cards are fantastic! Great historical connection...always a warm fuzzy when I learn something new about this hobby. Lixx, where did you get those Bitch vinyls?? I can't find them anywhere.
Mike Parisi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holy smokes those cards are fantastic! Great
> historical connection...always a warm fuzzy when I
> learn something new about this hobby. Lixx, where
> did you get those Bitch vinyls?? I can't find them
> anywhere.

Mike I don't have any of the 'bitch' vinyls- the ones with heels on the legs, just the normal ecchi h monster versions. Most I got through boardies over on SB, Kaiju Taro use to have them (they actually did the Bitch versions), got a few there, and you can sometimes find them on ebay. Here's a pic of some of them:

Emupaiya Ecchi by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr
Oh here's another version of a Shikaruna T-28 I picked up. Any background on this one? He does not look like the typical comic version of Tetsujin 28. I believe he's called the Iron Man version?:

Shikaruna Tetsujin 28 by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr
Not to harp on my obsessive interest in that Secret Base Spongebob, but i just noticed that the concept art:
[blog.livedoor.jp]
(scroll to the bottom)
...has the eye socket and teeth lining up with the external features. I wonder what happened?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hmm...I think we talked about this Siccaluna T-28 somewhere earlier in the thread. It was first announced at a Super/Wonderfest, IIRC, and some photos from the show featured some old model kit box art or something that this sculpt is based on. Pretty cool actually...

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty sure Siccaluna's stuff is all licensed...so technically this belongs in the "Modern Vinyl" thread! Heh--just goes to show how much overlap there is in the hobbies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 03:26PM by Sanjeev.
asterphage Wrote:
> Not to harp on my obsessive interest in that
> Secret Base Spongebob, but i just noticed that the
> concept art:
> [blog.livedoor.jp].
> html
> (scroll to the bottom)
> ...has the eye socket and teeth lining up with the
> external features. I wonder what happened?

Maybe its caused by refraction from the thickness of the clear vinyl. Maybe it looks more lined up in person (hard to believe, though).

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
Sanjeev (Admin)
T-28!

(posted by Lixx on sb! :P )
I don't get it. Looks like something from that MA store Spencers from back in the 80s[

Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, skulls and pseudo-religious imagery. How...refreshing...in a designer vinyl.
Turrbl.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Please follow along as we read from the book of MIND chapter 1, vs. 37: It sez, " Thou shalt not post fugly toys in a thread on forums."....OH Wait! sinnerz! Buuuurrnnn! =0D

Now that T28 latest pic, I'll take it! I like the slight variation on the head crest, and the window on the chest instead of just the backpack straps. Maybe because of those differences it's actually not a liscensed toy??
Only if it's posted in "Modern Vinyl" of course.
That T-28 is great.. It's like deep sea diver Tetsuijin, HA!
Sanjeev (Admin)

At Soft Vinyl Osaka Expo 2012!
So, apparently the Spongebob vinyl is releasing at TAG tomorrow, and comes with a t-shirt for $185. Holy shit. I can't think of any store I'd want to give almost $200 to less, let along for a 5" figure.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 04:37PM by Prometheum5.
That's just the rich collector's burden
$185?!

That's just silly.. I'd perhaps pay that for a Jason Freeny one off.. but not that.
Huh, I can't find it on their site.

[www.toyartgallery.com]

"12PM PST" - is 12 PM noon, or midnight?

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
BID IT NOW
[shop.toyartgallery.com]

Or...y'know...not.
'Jeev, do you think anyone on this board wears a small t-shirt??

Here's the full range:
[shop.toyartgallery.com]

The version with the Doarat t-shirt (the design I like better, though neither t-shirt is flooring me) sold out in XL in less than 30 minutes.

I already ordered the Doarat shirt set in L. Because I'm an idiot.

Was really hoping for the price on this to be under $100, but... what can I say. I'm an idiot.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Shit...I didn't even remotely look at the t-shirt--I just saw the one Spongebob among the "Featured Products" on the front page of TAG's store, and just clicked on it.

Now that I look at it, I *do* like that Doarat tshirt (the SB one can suck it)! Still, $185 for the package can go fuck itself. I woulda considered just the toy for around $40-50.

I have no idea what the fuck a "Doarat" is, but unless those are Japanese sizes, you should be good with a L, Paul.
Yeah, I figured. I'm pretty sure American t-shirt sizes have been slowly getting larger, too. Once in a while a "large" t-shirt is too big for me, but I've ordered a couple of large shirts from Terratag in the U.K. recently and they were quite snug.

So, is anyone else as much of an idiot as I am, and therefore is now the proud owner of an x-ray Spongebob??

-Paul Segal

NO REGRETS

-Paul Segal

Attachments:
open | download - DSCN2791_crop_resize.jpg (261 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...not bad!

What does the header card look like?
It's pretty dull. About an inch tall, the name of the toy in fairly appropriate typography, and it has all three pieces of art from the t-shirts, two on the front and one on the back, in white on black, printed quite small.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Is this what an utter lack of self-respect looks like?

For real, does anyone take Gargamel seriously anymore?
Nike Zazaan?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Why does that exist? What is the appeal. What does Nike have to do with Zazahn, and why wouldn't you just buy the fucking B-club reissue, which will be cheaper than this brand new toy anyway.

[prometheusrising.net]
I was kidding about that, but according to Flynn, it IS an actual Nike tribute. Apparently, a bigwig at Nike is a toy fan. Gargamel has done this before with a soft drink Zag. Nike has done this, too, with Brian and his StealthCats, I believe. It sounds like this isn't an actual release, but done for a show.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Oh, I guess it's the CEO who is a collector. Also, this from Brian:

"A little backstory on this toy:

This was for the Nike Snowboard boot show at ISA/ISPO where a bunch of artists did their take on the boot. Kiyoka turned his boot into a mountain, and this character is a tree monster that lives on the mountain. There will be some custom HPs of this figure released at an event in the future, but beyond that, this figure will not be released. It was an art show one-off.

Congrats to Kiyoka and the Gargamel crew for having fun with this one!"

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
hillsy Wrote:
> Apparently, a bigwig
> at Nike is a toy fan.

I've actually heard this as well...

Anyway, I guess in that context, it's far less repulsive. Meh.
[www.ebay.com]

Nike monster that you can buy. Yeah, its a live auction, but does anyone one really care?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Better than a 2-headed Bemon...?

Hmmm...

Nah!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, Friday's Hot or Not...

Misty Fog Toys' Mega Junktion:

My take? I don't hate it. :D

But at those prices...nope.
Not for $315....but the regular for $75 I may have to try for.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Agreed...I shoulda been more clear with my snipe about the prices: those customs can blow me. But for $75, I could prolly do a glowie robot.

Its [the $75 dollar one's] paint scheme's kinda boring/sparse though... :/
It reminds me of the Le Merde vinyl bot character, but I kinda like it. For $83 shipped, maybe I'll grab one.

EDIT: OH! It IS the Le Merde robot with a new head. Eh. I'm not super keen on the torso markings, but the head and the accessories are neat. Kiyoka can eat a dick for those painted prices tho.

[prometheusrising.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 03:12PM by Prometheum5.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I like the inclusion of weapons...but this paint (or lack thereof) does absolutely nothing for me:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer