[BROG] Marmit Dai Gokin Great Mazinger

Posted by Erik Sjoen 
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
[toyboxdx.com]

Toy or weapon? You be the judge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 02:06AM by Erik Sjoen.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Such a shame they don't do more...

I mean, I *love* the FLOSR sculpts, and they sure have enough of 'em to adapt into Daigokins...

Anyway...here's my addition to the love:

More.
The sculpts on these guys are great, but they always seemed kinda dull for the price and space they take up. I'm a Transformers kid... simply 'being big' isn't enough for me. I need articulation or features.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Ditto for me. I'll take a small, articulated and feature-laden representation of a figure over a big shiny statue any day.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
"I'm a Transformers kid... "

Shit.. I grew up with DX Chogokin, Microman and Diaclone. I'm all about the fun stuff. Just wait till you hold one bub. That will clear things up.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Jeev! Love this one. Man, I've got to complete the trifecta now. I see a Grendizer under the tree this year.
delta_7890 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ditto for me. I'll take a small, articulated and
> feature-laden representation of a figure over a
> big shiny statue any day.

Sorta in between on that. Depends on the character and medium I guess. Overall, however, I'd much rather not have a statue. Still, to just have one of these. Grendy looks fantastic, though.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> ...I see a Grendizer under the tree
> this year.

Heh. You an' me both, pal.

*ahem*
Late newcomers to the Dai Gokin figures I presume?

I couldn't help myself when they first came out, and bought all three Super Robots plus the Jet Scrander accessory for Mazinger Z. Lots of money, not much in articulation, but I'll take a Dai Gokin over ANYTHING that's out there any day (yes, even over a MIB Fewture Ryoma Black Getter)...

}D
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I bought the Mazinger Z when it came out in 1999. I dug it, but didn't see spending $600+ on another one when I could buy some seriously cool vintage stuff for that cash. Since I have the two now, I would really like to pick up the Grendizer so I can have all three (I don't care about color variants). Maybe next Japan trip..
Sanjeev (Admin)
The_, is the Scrander diecast also??? That'd be fucking nuts!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> The_, is the Scrander diecast also??? That'd be
> fucking nuts!

The body is, but the wings are plastic. I imagine is a good thing, since they would definitely take a couple of fingers off if they were metal...

}D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer