HLJ Is doing it AGAIN!!!111

Posted by RainBot 
I assume they mean the free shipping thing.
Oh I wish they did this when the HY2M stuff was out... blaaaaaargh....
Doing what...?
Oh, that's what it means. I thought at first they got hacked (especially because some of the links and account pages have been down for a couple of days)
Bah, I placed my first order from HLJ in months like, two weeks ago.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Hrm...interesting. I'll have to take a look. I've been buying mostly from Hobby Search for the last while. Their points system at least rewards you for buying frequently and their prices are generally a bit less than HLJ's.
Oh, I really can't afford to buy anything else from them this year, between the first free ems deal then them coming to the IPMS show in the UK has meant me spending a small fortune with HLJ lately.
I already did a preorder from HLJ for something that won't be out until late Feb.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I already did a preorder from HLJ for something
> that won't be out until late Feb.

No one cares.
You cared enough to respond!

As for HLJ, I cant believe I've been sitting on the button for two hours now waiting for "it" to be done again, but I am still no closer to knowing what "it" is than when I started this thread. They still haven't updated...
C'mon free shipping!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 12:24PM by RainBot.
RainBot Wrote:
> You cared enough to respond!

I said no one cares about his preorders.

I said nothing about his inane posts. Everyone cares about Vince's posts. Because deep down, in their most secretest of secret hearts, everyone loves a masochist.
I did not order from HLJ recently, but I did before that.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I thought I could just buy a shitty clearance item just to get the free shipping but none of that stuff is terribly appealing. They're never going to get rid of those Suburban Commando resin kits.
There was some good stuff in teh clearence section last time I looked (admittedly a while ago), yammie garlands & 1/60 valks and a Takara microman scopedog.
I'm tempted by the Looney vinyl Grendizer but I haven't heard if it's a good figure or not.
Anyone have one?

[www.hlj.com]
>I said no one cares about his preorders.

>I said nothing about his inane posts. Everyone cares about Vince's posts. Because deep down, in their most secretest of secret hearts, everyone loves a masochist.

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me.

I'm a masochist huh? Ok, whatever you believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE
> me.
>
> I'm a masochist huh? Ok, whatever you believe.

What, can't you take a compliment?
Anonymous User
Hobbysearch recently put a bunch more stuff on sale, Some pretty good deals if anybody is interested.

[www.1999.co.jp]

The thing that bugs me about HLJ's free shipping is that you need to buy something from their special sale in order to qualify. There really isn't anything interesting to me in there and nothing is just cheap enough to pad your order with. I would rather just pay the shipping costs than buy something I dont want and me stuck with it.
Me too.

Can't find anything there I want. :(
Whoever doesn't have the DMZ Strikedog and still doesn't jump on that deal is NUTS I tell you. NUTS.
Sigh... alas, poor DMZ... we hardly knew ye...

As for the HLJ anitclimactic sale... there are some good things there, but nothing makes me want to lunge, especially with the impending Fewture Gatchaman December release and the 1/60 Valkyries duking it out in my wallet.
I added a groizer to my order so no problems there. However, I haven't used Paypal in forever... I guess I need to verify with a bank account before being able to pay with credit card (which will take a few days anyway)? Is this true? I was able to add a CC fine, but I don't see a way to add funds from it. What a hassle.
I don't believe you can add funds from a CC, only a bank account.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> I don't believe you can add funds from a CC, only
> a bank account.

I thought you could set a credit card as a backup funding source, so that charges against your paypal account go against that first?
The lure of free shipping was too much to resist. I ordered Soul Spec L-Gaim and Dragonar, Perfect Piece Ita-Chikoma, Emperor Pilaf's robo from Dragonball (am I the only one super excited that this toy even exists?), some CM's Vifam toys, and something I'm not allowed to talk about.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
>I ordered Soul Spec L-Gaim and Dragonar

Which Dragonar? And you've should have gotten Falguen too.

>something I'm not allowed to talk about.

Tell me in a PM.
So that's it? No part 2 like last time?
Again! Again!

HLJ's Black Friday specials are on...

Finally bought the CM's AVS-98 and Mk-II.
I caved and bought an SDX Command Gundam and a DMZ Strike Dog.
Nice....did the Patlabor Economy and Mk II, as well, along with the cheap ass Groizer and silver and black Lightans. Damn good prices.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I forgot to enter the promo code.

sadness.
VF5SS Wrote:
> I forgot to enter the promo code.
>
> sadness.

I don't think you COULD enter the promo code. Mine seemed to activate automatically, and in the ordering process I didn't see any place to type it in.. At least that's my hope, because I know I didn't enter the promo code..

EDIT: Great, now I'm wondering if I fucked things up or not. Sent an email to HLJ. If I fucked up and don't qualify for free shipping I'm just gonna have to cancel it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 03:58PM by delta_7890.
Got an email reply from them, looks like I'm all set. :D
there was a promo code? I didn't see that in the e-mail they sent.
There was a promo code on their main page.
delta_7890 Wrote:
> Got an email reply from them, looks like I'm all
> set. :D

Just out of curiosity, what did you ask them in the email? And what did they say?

When I followed the link in the HLJ email advertising the black Friday sale I didn't get any instructions about a promo code. So I emailed them to check on it and they basically said, "Sorry you forgot to enter the code. At least you got free shipping." Note, they sent this email after they charged me for the order.

I wrote back saying that wasn't the answer I was looking for. I'm awaiting their reply.

Anyone else have this same problem getting the 25% discount?
Yeah the same thing happened to me. Free express shipping is alright, I guess stupid gaijin should pay attention more.
Gcrush Wrote:
> delta_7890 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Got an email reply from them, looks like I'm
> all
> > set. :D
>
>
> Just out of curiosity, what did you ask them in
> the email? And what did they say?
>
> When I followed the link in the HLJ email
> advertising the black Friday sale I didn't get any
> instructions about a promo code. So I emailed
> them to check on it and they basically said,
> "Sorry you forgot to enter the code. At least you
> got free shipping." Note, they sent this email
> after they charged me for the order.
>
> I wrote back saying that wasn't the answer I was
> looking for. I'm awaiting their reply.
>
> Anyone else have this same problem getting the 25%
> discount?

Well, as I was going through the process of ordering the figures and after I established my billing agreement, there WAS a notice on my final checkout page that told me a 25% discount would be applied on all applicable figures, so I assumed it entered the promotional discount automatically, because I honestly don't recall having entered a special code. I emailed them just in case I WAS supposed to enter a promo code somehow in spite of that and was afraid I fucked something up.

Apparently HLJ was cycling through a few different ordering pages during the process, so...I guess I just got lucky. Whatever the case was, according to their records, I DID qualify for the free shipping promotion.

So I guess the thing is: if you didn't see a notice for the discount on your final checkout page, and you didn't enter the promo code, you're out of luck. Them's the breaks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 10:40PM by delta_7890.
Also, don't you have to establish a Paypal agreement to get that 25% and free shipping or was that only for the 25%? Did you all do this?
I entered the code and got a confirmation today. It's small and I could have easily missed it.
Well, I just got a reply to my second email. It was exactly the same as the first. This leads me to think they're sending out form mail to anyone who complains...

The whole thing really pisses me off. I ordered a sale item not as much for the free shipping as for the broad 25% discount. As it stands, I'm now going to get an item I didn't really want shipped to me for free along with a handful of un-discounted items that I did want - but for which I am paying full price.

The whole, "Sorry you didn't read the fine print," angle is disingenuous. I've been a HLJ customer for over 10 years but this is enough to make me quit them. I'm going to compose a nice letter for Scott Hards explaining that, too. Anyone have his email address?
Gcrush Wrote:
> I'm going to compose a nice letter for
> Scott Hards explaining that, too. Anyone have his
> email address?

It looks like it is scott@hlj.com . Who knows if it's active, but I'm going to try sending my message there. The right thing to do by HLJ's customers would be to honor the promo code for people that didn't see it or know to enter it. It makes no sense for someone to order from the promotion list and then not enter the code. But hey, if they're willing to lose a customer over this then let them.

Anyway, if any of you got hosed out of the discount I encourage you to write and complain to the top.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer