Bandai's S.H.Figuarts

Posted by Runaphen 
Sky camouflage Godzilla?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Looks like this Final Wars Goji exclusive:
[home-and-garden.webshots.com]

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
[blog.livedoor.jp]

so why isn't this just S.H. Figuarts Ultraman

why does it need to start its own line
> so why isn't this just S.H. Figuarts Ultraman
>
> why does it need to start its own line

Because it's Ultraman. Why isn't that self explanatory?

Links to more reviews here: [www.toy-world.com.hk]
Attachments:
open | download - 14.jpg (129.1 KB)
I don't care what they call it, but can't they even make it in the same scale?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, but Ultraman can GROOOOWWWWWWW!!

Sorry. I have nothing to add to this thread.
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so why isn't this just S.H. Figuarts Ultraman
>
> why does it need to start its own line

fujishig Wrote:
> I don't care what they call it, but can't they
> even make it in the same scale?

Except that would just make it Revoltech without the gimmicky joints.
fujishig Wrote:
> I don't care what they call it, but can't they
> even make it in the same scale?

Which would make an Ultraman toy, what, like a meter tall? That would be awesome.
Ultra-Act Ultraman showed up on my doorstep today. There's no good reason why it's over-sized compared to the current Figuart and Robot Spirit lines. It's mostly a piece of crap. The sculpt, paint, and option parts are all top notch. But the joints in the knees and ankles are so flimsy it can't stand up on its own. You set it down and it just slumps over like some lazy slob who's had too many Natty Lights for the evening. Just like that crappy Chogokin Ultraman did almost a decade ago. What a joke.

Oh, and it keeps popping apart at the waist because the suck-ass ball-and-socket joints used to hold it together were already five years out of date when they were being used on the first SIC toys a decade ago.

I'm tempted to try to ditch this dog on Evilbay except that the package was good and smashed because the delivery people decided to take turns sitting on the shipping box while they rode it all the way from Japan to the States. Thanks, USPS!
Natty Ice*

Not that I would know.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.

Prometheum5 Wrote:
> Natty Ice*
>
> Not that I would know.

I didn't know they could lower the bar on Natty Light, but I am now convinced.

Everyone knows that if "Ice" is the first word in a product whatever it is will rock. But if "Ice" is the second word it is just code for "Burns your soul". Classy, Anheuser-Busch. Real classy.

When we were in high school there was a ghetto grocer in front of Avenue B named Park's Groceries. It was right next to "Smitty's Grill" where the "M" was painted like an "H". They would sell us beer without checking ID. Except all they had were over-sized singles of malt. We usually drank 8-Ball or Schlitz. (Thanks for the recommendation, Lando!) One day we decided to try something new - Ice-Man. I only drank it once but it remains one of the most memorable brews of my life because it tasted like "menthol beer." The taste made my eyes bleed. And not in a good way.

There was another time we went there with this kid Rusty and on the way in some dood said, "Hey, I'll give you a rock if lick this girl's pussy," while pointing at some woman who looked like she could have been his daughter. Rusty said, "You can keep your rock if you'll buy me some vodka to go with this Peach Nehi." The guy laughed and said, "But it your own damn self. Her pussy ain't gonna lick itself." The rest of us went in to Park's and bought our usual bottles of 8-Ball. When we left Rusty was still talking to the dood.

Things never did end well for that kid.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 08:22AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - nasty light.jpg (53.9 KB)
Gcrush Wrote:
> fujishig Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't care what they call it, but can't they
> > even make it in the same scale?
>
>
> Which would make an Ultraman toy, what, like a
> meter tall? That would be awesome.

I thought Ultraman could shrink to human size too?
I'm disappointed that it can't even seem to stand on it's own. You'd think with figuarts, seiya myth cloth, armor plus, and even the new SIC action figure line, Bandai would have a good idea of how to make a humanoid figure...
fujishig Wrote:
> I thought Ultraman could shrink to human size
> too?
> I'm disappointed that it can't even seem to stand
> on it's own. You'd think with figuarts, seiya
> myth cloth, armor plus, and even the new SIC
> action figure line, Bandai would have a good idea
> of how to make a humanoid figure...

I don't remember Ultraman shrinking, but it would have been cool if they included a teensy-tiny Hayata. I think they upped the size a little to better match Ultra-sofubi. But I might be imagining that because I no longer have any vinyls to compare it with.

The design of the articulation is really quite good. But the execution is whack. The knee and ankle joints are floppy right out of the box. And because they use metal "pins" as opposed to screws they can't be easily tightened. Some super glue or varathane in the joints might help, but that really shouldn't be necessary.

Also, I personally prefer the look of Ultraman version A with the pillow-face, barrel chest, and wrinkle pants. This Ultra-Act figure is more like Version C - all smooth and mannequin like. Not quite as exciting. I'm guessing they'll get around the Version A as a Tamashii exclusive. So, yeah. Meh.

The Ultra-Daikaiju though, they all look sexy hot. The Baltan makes my panties twist with anticipation.
Gcrush Wrote:
>
> The Baltan makes my panties twist with anticipation.

The sculpt really emphasizes that "breeches & tailcoat" look that Baltan has.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> The sculpt really emphasizes that "breeches &
> tailcoat" look that Baltan has.

Makes 'em look downright dapper for space crawfish. I love it.
Well, my Ultra act Ultraman order was cancelled by HLJ, but I'm not too disappointed.

I was pretty excited that they were going to make a lot of one piece figures like white beard and teech (mainly because that meant new body types), but then I found out what "figuarts zero" is.
What are "figuarts zero" like?
Apparently they're in scale with SH Figuarts, but with zero points of articulation.
So for One Piece, they basically will be like a smaller version of the Portrait of Pirates statue line, but of course with different choices of character and pose.

At least they're doing that Portgas D. Ace as an articulated figure, right?

-Paul Segal

So somehow, after complaining about the price some time ago, I've been roped into collecting Figuarts, Figuarts Zero, you name it even as prices have inflated and the exchange rate has gone down the tubes and a lot of cool stuff is only available as web exclusives. And the original Riders haven't even started coming out yet. I must be insane.

Plus it seems like everything that's not One Piece sells out instantly.
i am probably selling all my SH figuarts soon (within a month). They are cool enough, but they are not diecast and they take up too much space.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer