ES Gokins

Posted by Runaphen 
Hellequin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What concerns me is how the Getters seem to have
> dropped off the release map. This, along with the
> delays in the EX Gokin Shin Getter can't be a
> particularly good sign.

Eh? Amiami has all three Getters listed for a May release. It's worth noting that Amiami calls them "ES Alloy" figures, and not ES Gokin. So if you search ES Gokin you won't get squat.
Well, I was referring more to the fact that they were originally slated for release bunches of months ago. I've had them preordered at amiami for a while now :D
Hellequin Wrote:

> Then again, the overall size of Goshogun is much
> heftier, so maybe all the plastic is molded
> thicker so it avoids those particular pitfalls.

> What concerns me is how the Getters seem to have
> dropped off the release map. This, along with the
> delays in the EX Gokin Shin Getter can't be a
> particularly good sign.

This reminds me -- does anyone know if the ES Getters are supposed to be similar in size to the GoShogun (awesome) or the Geeg robot (apparently disappointing)?

EDIT: Nevermind. The HLJ listings for these say they're between 7-11 cm tall. That's not much bang for the buck. Pity, as they look nice.

Thanks,
--Ken-A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 01:06PM by Ken-A.
Sure seems like Fewture just can't get their act together. Despite the plans in place, I would almost have to consider this a dead line.

More serious than thou
>Sure seems like Fewture just can't get their act together. Despite the plans in >place, I would almost have to consider this a dead line.

Exactly what happens if you're a small company releasing niche items from old shows in a global recession.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Don't harsh my buzz, guys. I'm still waiting with bated breath for Baikanfu and Dancouga over here.
Yet, they seem to be able to crank out the umpteenth high priced Getter variant but may possibly not maintain this more interesting (IMHO) toy line.

Oh well, as long as they get to the Godom (which BETTER be nothing less than a DIECAST BRICK with 4 points or articulation or less) I'm good...
H-man Wrote:

>
> Oh well, as long as they get to the Godom (which
> BETTER be nothing less than a DIECAST BRICK with 4
> points or articulation or less) I'm good...

Buzzkill again here, but the Geeg is 90% plastic. Wouldn't guess at much different in the Godom, unfortunately.

More serious than thou
Breaking news! ES Gokin Getters have been delayed AGAIN. This time slated for a July release. This doesn't bode well for the line at all...
I didn't know the getter's eyes light up... That is, if they ever come out.
delta_7890 Wrote:
> Breaking news! ES Gokin Getters have been delayed
> AGAIN. This time slated for a July release. This
> doesn't bode well for the line at all...

Why? Fewture is notorious for delaying. There stuff eventually comes out.
Can you name any painted prototype-stage photographed Fewture stuff that hasn't been released?

Relax, drink a mango lassi and wait out the artstorm...
RainBot Wrote:
> delta_7890 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Breaking news! ES Gokin Getters have been
> delayed
> > AGAIN. This time slated for a July release.
> This
> > doesn't bode well for the line at all...
>
> Why? Fewture is notorious for delaying. There
> stuff eventually comes out.
> Can you name any painted prototype-stage
> photographed Fewture stuff that hasn't been
> released?
>
> Relax, drink a mango lassi and wait out the
> artstorm...

Perhaps this is business as usual for Fewture. I don't know. To be honest I've never really followed the company much in the past. What I do know is that about a year ago now Fewture/Artstorm showed off a TON of in-progress ES Gokins. Dancouga, Baikanfu, Gordion, Gold Lightan, Tekkaman Blade, but where are they? The Getters appeared NEARLY finished and have been on the cusp of release for over half a year now, without so much as a glimpsing tease of the other Gokins to come. I just think it's a poor way to manage their line. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew?
At this point I just want that Lightan. I don't care about the rest.

More serious than thou
delta_7890 Wrote:
> Perhaps this is business as usual for Fewture. I
> don't know. To be honest I've never really
> followed the company much in the past. What I do
> know is that about a year ago now Fewture/Artstorm
> showed off a TON of in-progress ES Gokins.
> Dancouga, Baikanfu, Gordion, Gold Lightan,
> Tekkaman Blade, but where are they? The Getters
> appeared NEARLY finished and have been on the cusp
> of release for over half a year now, without so
> much as a glimpsing tease of the other Gokins to
> come. I just think it's a poor way to manage
> their line. Perhaps they bit off more than they
> could chew?

Fewture is smaller than Yamato.
They've been reliable in that they have produced lots of the product they peddle at their preview shows, but information changes constantly with their releases. It's par for the course with them, but it usually surrounds material complications/quality control. The Fewture EX-Gokin Ryoma Mode Getter 1 was delayed significantly due to construction issues. Unlike Yamato, however, they won't release a crappy product (the horrible Escaflowne, for example).
[www.1999.co.jp]

Godam it!

Cool, loving the Godom but...if the Getters are STILL not out as of yet, then it's pretty pointless to get too excited about this one, much less pre-order one.
H-man Wrote:
> Cool, loving the Godom but...if the Getters are
> STILL not out as of yet, then it's pretty
> pointless to get too excited about this one, much
> less pre-order one.

Uh, based on that 1999 page, I'm pretty sure Godam is already out. They have their standard photos of the item in-package and everything.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Just got a shipping notice from hlj. Bad part is that they just shipped something else out yesterday and somehow couldn't combine them...
So the Godom came out before the Getters?

:confused:
H-man Wrote:
> So the Godom came out before the Getters?
>
> :confused:

Eyup. Pretty much. Also, apparently Getter 1 now has light-up eyes. That's pretty cool.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy shit...I want that Getter 1!
I hope someone can comment on the amount of diecast or quality of plastic on that Godom.

More serious than thou
I got Gordam in the mail today, and he is sickkkkkk! Matt hit it when he said that Gordam hardly even looks deformed because he's already a frumpy, blocky robot. The articulation is surprisingly good, and the little miniships are a little fiddly, but pretty neat. Having all the little ships store in him gives me that 'playset figure' vibe that I always liked about toys like Metroplex. The only weird thing is how the blue crab roller thing actually gets in the way a little bit of the ankle movement when stored. The other foot moves fine with the drill jet tho, so it's fine.

Diecast seems to be the main part of the feet, the monstrous lower legs, and the main block of the torso.

There's also something I cannot explain... the main torso part can be removed, revealing different shoulder holes and 'hip' holes with MAGNET JOINTS in them, but I have no idea why, and there's no accessories for them. The torso block stays affixed to the body by the yellow girdle piece and the magnets from the hip holes. Anyone know what this is for? Real review will be on CDX, but kudos to anyone who knoes.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Prometheum5 Wrote:

> There's also something I cannot explain... the
> main torso part can be removed, revealing
> different shoulder holes and 'hip' holes with
> MAGNET JOINTS in them, but I have no idea why, and
> there's no accessories for them. The torso block
> stays affixed to the body by the yellow girdle
> piece and the magnets from the hip holes. Anyone
> know what this is for? Real review will be on
> CDX, but kudos to anyone who knoes.

I guess here's your answer (at least, I presume): An upcoming Addon for Godam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 11:53AM by Hellequin.
Attachments:
open | download - GoddamAddon.jpg (158.2 KB)
That's HAWT!
Oh, so that's how they're going to ruin the out of the box simplicity and joy of the Godam figure. Shoulda guessed... if that thing is 90% new parts, why don't they just include a second torso or something? Why would I buy a set that uses one part from a figure i already own and consigns the rest of that figure to the box because now it's missing its head?

[prometheusrising.net]
Huh? Sounds like I'm missing something there. It just looks like it's an add-on that connects around the original toy, unless there's some extra info that's been located that's not listed here.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> Huh? Sounds like I'm missing something there. It
> just looks like it's an add-on that connects
> around the original toy, unless there's some extra
> info that's been located that's not listed here.

That's my point. All it's using from the Gordam is the torso block, so if you buy this set, you can only display this thing OR the Gordam because you only have one torso block. I hate shit like this. One of the two toys is useless at any one time because of a fetish for mimicking the 'actual' mechanics.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm thoroughly confused by your vitriole. Or fascinated.

Isn't this really just ONE toy of ONE robot...and they're just selling some of the optional parts separately? You could always not buy the add-on set. But for those who want the "complete" toy with all the bells and whistles, you can spend more to get what you want.

Hey, it's not like it's a Tamashi web exclusive! :P
Hey, as a "display" issue, I get it. But as a "play" issue...it's not?
H-man Wrote:
> Hey, as a "display" issue, I get it. But as a
> "play" issue...it's not?

I hate extra parts and clutter, either for display or play. Give me a cool toy of the robot, and a cool toy of the... thing...

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, then that's a good thing, right? If you don't want the crap, just don't buy the extra set. You should be thankful you didn't have to pay extra for the "complete" item...or am I still missing something?
Pics of Vaikanfu. Awesomeness.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
Lil'Rom is cute.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Crap, that looks gorgeous. This bodes well for Gordian, which is the design I'm *really* looking forward to!
This one is cool looking. The tiny nesting gimmick looks good, and hopefully not a fiddlefail.

Sanjeev, you just KNOW how this is getting shipped to you right? doom doom doom doom...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hahah...no, no...it's the Gordian that's getting shipped to me...in a questionable manner!
Wow, well, I've got Godom on its way to me now. I'm giving this line one more chance, as I felt my Geeg was not so hot. Other toys in the line have been reviewed well, so...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
And incidentally, that add-on set for Godom is 2k...even with the dismal exchange rate and international shipping, that ain't bad.
[www.collectiondx.com]

Gordaaaaaaammm!

The skinny is: I dig it. Rock solid, nice use of diecast, wildly articulated, and a flawless finish.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer