ES Gokins

Posted by Runaphen 
Wow, awesome! Can't wait till BBTS gets around to actually shipping mine... *GRUMBLE*

More serious than thou
I do have to agree with the assessment of this toy. IT IS GREAT! A huge improvement over the Geeg. Things seem nice and solid and far less prone to breakage. Certainly has restored my faith in the line.

More serious than thou
Now if they'd just release that Dancouga...
[www.1999.co.jp]

Getter 1 is out! Love the transparent eyes and face.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
I'm stoked that the Getters are actually going to be released (or Getter 1, at least. 2 and 3 are delayed until the end of January. Blarng). My SD army has been stagnating.
I got my Getter 1. I dig it. He's smaller than Goshogun, but he's got a satisfying amount of gokin on him (his entire torso, upper chest, thighs, and lower legs, which puts his center of gravity really low - perfect considering he's got that huge head and billowing cape that could have theoretically really screwed him over) and he's a fun and poseable little figure. No waist joint, but a ball-jointed upper-torso, two neck joints, and ball jointed ankles round out a host of ratcheted joints on his shoulders, elbows, and knees.

Some linkies to pics:

Wowzers. They got so much detail in those translucent parts. Now I see what Vince was hooting about. Nice pics.
Lookit his cute pointy little shoes!
Ah yeah, just got mine today. Nicely done, just as in the photos. The plastic still feels a bit... "model-like" for my taste, but there is decent heft due to the diecast. The fact that his eyes light up is very cool. The fact that you don't receive any batteries for it in the package is not. Seriously, given the price of these things, couldn't they have included some? Anyway, otherwise it's a very nice piece. In fact, it's nice enough that I'm thinking of ditching my CMs Goshogun in favor of the Fewture ES version. Actually, anyone want to trade? :)

BTW, anyone know what the actual battery type is?

More serious than thou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 03:06PM by fujikuro.
Shoot, when I read your comment of "the fact that his eyes light up is very cool", I thought maybe you knew what kind went in there. I haven't been able to figure it out yet myself, short of walking into a CVS with Getter 1 in hand and holding him up to various hearing-aid batteries...
fujikuro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, anyone know what the actual battery type is?

LR41 or SR41
[ameblo.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 03:46PM by DarkXerox.
DarkXerox Wrote:
> fujikuro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BTW, anyone know what the actual battery type
> is?
>
> LR41 or SR41
> [ameblo.jp]

Thanks, that's quite helpful!

More serious than thou
Some months-old ga-graphic pics of getter 3 on this page, looking damned adorable with its arms outstretched.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

Similar pics of Getter 2 show off a chrome drill. [www.toy-world.com.hk]
Just wish someone would show pics of Getter 3 with its arms straightened. Kinda makes me think they aren't very articulated.

More serious than thou
Like this one?

or this one?

Hellequin Wrote:
> Like this one?
>
>
>
> or this one?
>
>

Ah, hell. That's what I get for not searching further.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
DAMN, those are looking absolutely amazing. But am I the only one finding it utterly tragic that they don't come with little SD Get Machines!?
Sanjeev Wrote:
> DAMN, those are looking absolutely amazing. But am
> I the only one finding it utterly tragic that they
> don't come with little SD Get Machines!?

Eh, not me. However, they are doing that add-on for Godom, so maybe something will be on its way at some time.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm on the fence with the Getters...but if they did release an add-on set with matching Get Machines, that'd definitely tip the scales!

I grew up watching Starvengers, so I guess the jet-gattai is ingrained in the appeal of these guys!
Dunno if anyone saw this: [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> Dunno if anyone saw this:
> [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
> ?mid=76335

I'm in. I've been meaning to pick up a Choro-Q Dougram lately, and this would make a great best friend.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
So despite the delays this toy line is still going strong? What has been released so far?

Getter 1, 2, 3
Goshogun
Jeeg
Godom (damn... I still really want this!)
Oh heck yes!

Thanks, Ken-A
MattAlt (Admin)
The title of this photo-essay sort of says it all: "Super Kawaii ES Gokin Dorvack Calibur I LOVE YOU!!"

[ga.sbcr.jp]
DAWWWWWWWWW.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Man, this is going on the Xmas list for sure. Love the bot, but the CMs's version really kinda sucked.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Probably wishful thinking, but it's be SO damn nice if the head somehow collapsed and folded away into the jeep mode.

Instead of "detach and discard".
hay it's roadbuster
fujikuro Wrote:
> Man, this is going on the Xmas list for sure.
> Love the bot, but the CMs's version really kinda
> sucked.

I enjoy the CMs version well enough, but what it really did is make me want a vintage Roadbuster.

[prometheusrising.net]
MSW
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Probably wishful thinking, but it's be SO damn
> nice if the head somehow collapsed and folded away
> into the jeep mode.
>
> Instead of "detach and discard".

Despite the detachable head, the wheels aren't even on the ground in jeep mode... Cute but pass.
MSW Wrote:
> Despite the detachable head, the wheels aren't
> even on the ground in jeep mode... Cute but pass.

Your move!

Also, glowing eyes, which are probably a good indication that the head can't compress or anything for transformation.

Oh...hot. damn.
Not so keen on the glowing visor, but the little driver guy is cool.

More serious than thou
MSW
Hellequin Wrote:
> Your move!

LOL! Now there's too much junk in that trunk!

Im just not a SD kinda guy, the photographs could be perfect and I'd still would say...Cute, but pass.
Anonymous User
... I was just about to post something about this... turns out BBTS has Godom in stock (at a pretty decent price too) so of course I had to bite. Now I'm looking for the Godom Dragon and of course HLJ is no longer carrying it (Discontinued? Released in July and discontinued already? Really?!?). I hope this is not one little obscure piece that's going to end up being impossible to find... I want that Dragon!
Anonymous User
Thanks Anavel and Sanjeev for some options - now just need to wait until this coming pay day!
Remember how these were totally a thing? Another one's actually out...

[www.collectiondx.com]

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Legend of Daikumaryu-style Gaiking!
[www.1999.co.jp]

Raiking and Vulking!
[www.1999.co.jp]
The Gaiking is tempting, but there's something like not quite right about it. Could be promo pics are to blame, but I was jazzed up about most of the ones I've seen before. This guy, not so much. Where the hell's Lightan anyway?

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer