[BRAVE] Sonokong reissues!

Posted by Sanjeev 
captain shark. Fo EVAH.
Sorely tempted by the Gaogaigar, and "Dryice?"

More serious than thou
I think they just call him Draias. A lot of those Brave names aren't supposed to resolve to a recognizable non-made-up word.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
OK, couldn't resist any longer. Land Bison and Gaogaigar will be on their way soon. I'm looking t some of the others, Mightgaine and few of the small ones if I'm satisfied with these two...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Good move. I've had Gaogaigar since forever and I've never regretted it... SUCH a great toy!
I had the Brave gokin Gaogaigar and wasn't impressed, so the stink of CMs failure with it has sort of lingered for me with the character design. I'm giving it another chance here in a format I think I'll more likely enjoy.

More serious than thou
Anyone know how often original Exkaiser's show up on Ebay or Yahoo.jp?

More serious than thou
You can get the korean Exkasier for about $50 give or take every now and again.
OK, that's certainly within the affordable range. Then again, with bidder fees, shipping and so on, the final price is likely to be around $100 anyway.

More serious than thou
There is a Takara one on YJA right now for 2100 yen, 0 bidders and ends tomorrow

[page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]
Corellian Corvette Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a Takara one on YJA right now for 2100
> yen, 0 bidders and ends tomorrow
>
> [page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]
> 46155

I think that's the Takara reissue from around 2005. Takara reissued Ex-Kaiser around the same time that they released Masterpiece Ex-Kaiser. Unless you're a huge Ex-Kaiser fan, I don't think 2100yen plus proxy and shipping fees is a very good price for that toy. It has minimal posability, the sword is tiny, its mostly hollow, and its design, materials, and engineering are very simplistic. At best it resembles a quality toy for a 3-year-old, and at worst it evokes an original, impressive, yet flawed design from a knockoff brand. I've never owned the Masterpeice version, but it's got to be infinitely better.

Caveat emptor.
Well, I did own the Masterpiece, and it was a fairly nice toy. I've been weighing my options, and paying attention to reviews. I may have to pick it up again sometime. Kinda stupidly sold mine for about 60 bucks a while back and kinda wishing I still had it. Oh well.

More serious than thou
Kind of OT but BBTS put up preorders for some of the Sonoking Microman 99 line. They even have Endeavor and Giant Acroyear.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
That Giant Acroyear set is a beast... it doesn't hold together so hot all combined, but the way it's all modular is fun, and you can make two or three sweet smaller figures.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
OK, so Land Bison and Gaogaigar arrived today. Not having ever had any "original" Brave toys before (just eh MP Exkaiser and CMs Gaigargar), I had no idea really what to expect. They're like TF's from bizarro land. Definitely a good deal weirder than normal Transformers, which is totally great. There appears to be no way that a Japanese toy manufacturer can get away with not having drills attached to something. The plastic feels a bit lightweight, though I suspect it's more the toy design than anything else. Anyway, these are fun kids toys for sure and I'll be testing them out on my children tonight to see how well they fare.

Now, Mightgaine next? Wish BBTS had a DX size Super Guardion. Sky Saver/Saber and Hawk Saver look like an interesting combination with their ability to combine into a centaur kind of bot.

More serious than thou
I suggest Choryujin from GGG. Excellent toy. The individual bots are very posable and the transformations are clever and fun.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oooh...good call. Totally forgot about Choryujin and...Geki(?)ryujin. Awesome toys. But they're not being reissued right now, are they??
They should be along with the rest of GGG. Sonokong has been selling the reissues since GGG ended. Don't see why not now. Also Mike 13th is a very awesome kid friendly toy.
The Mic toy would be particularly awesome, though it seems to be sold out of any web shops I see. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on Ebay.

More serious than thou
Now that I look, maybe not. I don't see any on BigBad nor on the Sonokong site. Though I might just not be looking smart enough. The Sonokong site is a bitch to navigate.
OH! [www.sonokong.co.kr]
There's one of the Gekiryujin guys. Logic dictates theres be more hidden within them korean walls!
Oh yeah, I'd like all four of those, but I'm not paying the $100 they're going for in the locations I'm finding them. Anyone know if they actually DID make a Goldy for the original GGG?

More serious than thou
Da Hammer? Oh yes.
Ah, can't believe I'm doing proxy bidding stuff again, but it's fairly plain that if you want a Goldy or Mic you're going to have to go that route... we'll see how they turn out.

More serious than thou
Ah, nice! Goldy nabbed for 3100 yen and Mic grabbed for 1200 yen. Now, hopefully those fees and shipping don't kill me...

More serious than thou
Hey Fujikuro,
If you are still looking for an original Exkizer, Mugen toys had the Japanese re-issue for $50. I picked it up about an month ago and I really dig it! If you have any questions about the other Sonokong re-issues, ask me, I have most all, and the ones I dont have are most likely on the way to my door as a write this. Over the next few months I will be posting reviews on all of them on CollectionDX

-Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 06:54PM by shogundan.
Well, I'm particularly interested in known about Goldion and Super Guardian. I have been reading the reviews you've been putting up there. They've been a big help so far!

More serious than thou
Goldion? GGG's Hammer right? I just ordered the Sonokong version of that the other day, I'll let ya know how it turns out. As for Super Guardian, its kinda mediocre. I guess its ok, but its super combined form is kinda rough.

-Dan
Goldran, sorry. Goldion I have on order via Celga right now. Fighbird's another one, Mightkaiser another...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...we were just discussing Goldran the other day on CDX.

But first Goldymarg. I've had the DX GGG and Goldymarg/Goldion Hammer for ages, and while GGG kicks MUCH ass on his own, adding Goldymarg makes him that much cooler! The hammer part is actually flexible polyethylene (I think) that acts as bellows to shoot a Nerf-like foam projectile via air pressure. His robot mode is meh, the tank mode is cool (because of the aforementioned "Marg Cannon"), but you're *really* only getting it to dock with GGG. In that mode, he rocks. Fortunately, the combined form is stable enough to stand without tipping (without having to prop the end of the hammer on the ground in front of him). Anyway, here's a cool pic of him I found.

Now, Goldran. Two simple words: fucking amazing. My favorite Brave toy of all time. Great combo, looks killer, fun gimmicks...can't go wrong. Well...except, I guess, for flaking chrome. I've yet to experience this with mine (which, as far as I can tell, are original issues), but I've heard some horror stories. And from what I gather, the reissues don't have this problem...
OK, much thanks. Goldran looks great, and it'll definitely be on my to-buy list. J-Decker is another that I'd like to look for at some point when I've got some cash. There are quite a few Brave toys out there, so it's kind of hard to pick and choose which to get. Thanks for the info!

More serious than thou
Alrighty... my foray into buying from Yahoo!.jp has ended permanently. Buying $50 worth of toys is now turning into $100+ when shipping is figured in. Buying the two via Ebay certainly would have yielded the same kind of prices, for sure, but still... Ah well, time to find the funds somehow.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alrighty... my foray into buying from Yahoo!.jp
> has ended permanently. Buying $50 worth of toys
> is now turning into $100+ when shipping is figured
> in. Buying the two via Ebay certainly would have
> yielded the same kind of prices, for sure, but
> still... Ah well, time to find the funds somehow.

The shipping can be a pain, but you have to realize you're buying in a terrible exchange rate right now... it gets much more efficient to ship things from Japan when you buy more, as well. I can understand thinking it's too much tho.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
If you like Land Bison, which for me is a personal favorite just beacuse it's very "transformer-ish" IMO, I'm a big fan of Silvarion and Sky Saver - don't forget to get Hawk Saver with him so you can combine to get Pegasus Saver. They are both still available at BBTS.

You can get the God Silvarion set on ebay for ~ $100 from Toy Arena.
Sky and Hawk saver are on their way right now! Land Bison is great, I must say. It's growing on me greatly. I think the next Brave for me will be Goldran, as many sources have rated it quite highly (not the least of which is Sanjeev here).

More serious than thou
Found the Takar reissue Mightgunner on Amazon of all places for $25. So, I've got that on order to go with my Mightgaine. Hopefully I can nab Mightkaiser soon.

More serious than thou
Anyone got an opinion on build tiger?

More serious than thou
Has Guard Diver ever been reissued? He seems to be one of the forgotten combiners.
Anyone able to confirm... is this just the Dran character from Goldran?

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Thanks!

More serious than thou
Yeah that's just a poseable Dran figure. It doesn't transform.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer