Fewture Shin Getter and Gatchaman

Posted by reed 
[www.toysdaily.com]

I've never been so afraid to hear the price of a toy in my life. This could be my grail though. If these are as cool and creative as the original Getters (god bless prof. Sato) Fewture will have my money. Please be at least the same price as the other getters. I can't afford $300.00 dollar toys. Can you imagine a EX Shin Getter 3?
Ditto to the sentiments of fear for the price of the Gatchaman vehicles. Fewture must be reading my mind, I have really been pining for new Popynica's, and these look like they'll do just fine.
Anonymous User
I've just wanted a decent toy rendering of the Gatchaman G2 since I was a little kid. It's like 250 frikkin bucks for a pair of these toys, I'm gonna cry. B4startds.
You'll pay whatever the hell Fewture tells you to pay and you'll like it. Now shut up and start shoveling money!
To say that I'm excited about a line of ex-gokin Gatachaman vehicles is an understatement....And yet, I am frightened at how much these are going to cost...
Fewture has a couple or other vehicles that fit into the same category as the Gatchaman vehicles...the Might Jack and the Ultra Hawk priced $190US and $290US respectively...Now admittedly both of these vehicles are bigger than the Gatchaman vehicles (with G-5 being the exception), so maybe they will be less expensive. The hover pilder reissue from Bandai is running around $55-$65US and I can't imagine these being any larger than that. Admittedly Fewture is a much much smaller outfit than Bandai, so the fear of a $150US G-1 is still there.....time to wait and see...oh and save...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait...did I miss something? Isn't the Gatchaman set 24800 yen? And doesn't the translation say no gokin: just ABS and PVC? Unless I'm interpreting that pic wrong...
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait...did I miss something? Isn't the Gatchaman
> set 24800 yen? And doesn't the translation say no
> gokin: just ABS and PVC? Unless I'm interpreting
> that pic wrong...

You are interpreting it wrong. To the left of ABS and PVC it clearly says, in katakana "diecast" as an additional material. And yes, the set will cost 24800 yen.
Sanjeev (Admin)
And that's why we have folks that read katakana...for dolts like me! ;)

Thanks for the update.
Wow....duh...how did I miss that price...oops....Man, isn't my face red...
nice to see Gatchaman back on the market. It's been a long wait.

It looked promising for a while when Alex Ross attempted to bring back Battle of the Planets. Funny how things stalled right after. I thought the green gatchapin parody was a mistake too. I have my fingers crossed that the upcoming movie isn't going to be another set back to the series. leave it as the original costume design and vehicles!

Love the fewture designs. it'll be hard to top the unifive God Phoenix from years past. that was pretty close to perfection IMO. I am hoping the new Fewture release will all be the same scale (God Phoenix aside).
Ugh...the Gatch stuff is beyond what I can muster up nowadays (for the entire 6 vehicle set, it'll be what, $750?). Please, whoever buys this, do a great write up with tons and tons of pics, okay? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 08:06PM by H-man.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Wait...did I miss something? Isn't the Gatchaman
> set 24800 yen? And doesn't the translation say no
> gokin: just ABS and PVC? Unless I'm interpreting
> that pic wrong...

Uh, yeah I caught that right after whining about the cost. Now where's that preorder?
Does it say anything about the price of the Shin Getter 1 EX?
okay, the vehicles are nice to have, but what about this?? :P

Yeah. that's a great poster. Takes up much less space too!

I wonder how the movie is going to utilize the Science Ninja Team Sneezeguard.

As for the Fewture Gatchaman stuff... Wow. Just wow. 10 cm to 15 cm... tiny... expecially for the Godphoenix. Still, Colour me suckered.
They're on the official site now...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 04:02PM by RainBot.
I am trying to resist these, but they look so cool...
Well, except for the stupidly out of scale God Phoenix...
Attachments:
open | download - 9kq8ll.jpg (432.4 KB)
open | download - ouzeit.jpg (342.2 KB)
agreed on the cool factor. Nice details.

they all look disproportionate to one another. Joe's G2 car looks too small against Jun's motorcycle. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the car for some reason looks a little bland to me. The G4 has weapons attachment, so where is the gatling gun on the car??

Ken's G1 plane looks very similar to the Club-M kit from years back. I wonder if it came from that mold.

yes, the God Phoenix is disappointingly small....
I think I am in love with the idea of theses more than I am in the actual products....to be honest I would be satisfied with cheap PVC gashapon versions if they were well painted and, you know, NOT $80.00US a piece...

RType: Yeah the G2 is off...well, crap....I fall less in love the more I look at photos not more....what does that say...?
Looks like these are intended as modern representations of the Jumbo Grip vehicles since they're relatively the same size. So scale was not a factor to be considered when Fewture developed these toys, I'm assuming.
here's a picture from the CLUB-M kit from back in 2001. i like this version a bit more. Much more bad-ass looking....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 11:11AM by RType.
this one just looks flat and made of rubber when compared to the one above...

If you look at the picture of the fewture God-Phoenix and the Club-M God Phoenix kit they look very similar. Especially where the G-1 docks with the G-5....hmmmmmmmm....maybe these are based on kits instead on new sculpts....
If I understand things correctly, these are smaller than the Club-M kits. Also, the pose and detailing on the G3 and G2 are quite different. The Godphoenix might as well be a clone of the kit, but again, the size is different.
Sources East of here say that there are more vehicles planned, provided these sell well. I personally want an Soul of Popynica Godphoenix. What hasn't this happened? Whyyyyyyy?

*sob!*
Making a smaller copy of an existing 3-D object isn't hard to do.

So how big is the Godphoenix supposed to be?
Rainbot: You won't see a SOP GodPhoenix because Takara/Tomy now holds the master license to Gatchaman not Bandai...as well as the rest of the Tatsunoko stuff...I was personally hoping for a line of Gatchaman stuff under the DMZ banner but it looks like Microman is dead, dead, deadski...Now I will admit Takara/Tomy don't mind pimping the license out (look at the new Taito line of PVC figures), but I doubt that they'd let a rival like Bandai get a crack at Gatchaman. I think that the closest that you are going to get to a SOP is the Unifive version from a few years back...

Roger: I'm not sure how big the Fewture GodPhoenix is supposed to be...but I do know that it isn't in the same scale as the others in the line...
more comparison.

left is club-m kit and right is fewture:

Wow, I think we have found the source of these vehicles...For the price of the toys I think Id rather have the models.....
these were incredibly expensive even back in the days.... i think they were originally priced at 15000 yen per kit

Some-Guy-Smarter-Than-Me said:
"Making a smaller copy of an existing 3-D object isn't hard to do."

Yeah... er... well... why don't YOU make a smaller copy?

Fel9 said:

"but I doubt that they'd let a rival like Bandai get a crack at Gatchaman. I think that the closest that you are going to get to a SOP is the Unifive version from a few years back... "

Who do you think owned Unifive, eh mister? Huh? Huh?!? *
Gah, I think I need a coffee...

*Actually, it wasn't until 2001 that Bandai borged Unifive, a few months after the Phoenix came out, so feel free to call me a "bastid"... you bastid.
RainBot Wrote:
> *Actually, it wasn't until 2001 that Bandai borged
> Unifive, a few months after the Phoenix came out,
> so feel free to call me a "bastid"... you bastid.

Nah...I got nothing but love...
Courtesy TokyoHunter...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 10:00AM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - 3482589475_54fb2e8033.jpg (83.7 KB)
open | download - 3482588715_a715f90fc3.jpg (106.8 KB)
open | download - 3482589077_5783ce88a3.jpg (114.2 KB)
open | download - 3483404366_2ab26c5a60.jpg (91.8 KB)
And some more...

Those better be fully-functional wheels with rubber treads on my G-4 for that kinda money... but I have doubts... there's no toothed sprocket to drive the belt...

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 10:10AM by RainBot.
Attachments:
open | download - 3482587637_6e8df5b481_b-1.jpg (206.7 KB)
open | download - 3483404690_fee2c82737.jpg (130.9 KB)
open | download - 3483405802_03597e829b.jpg (132.9 KB)
open | download - doubt.jpg (13.6 KB)
I dunno, the front wheel has some tooth pattern to it, and you can almost make out matching teeth on the treads along the top run from the flash. The tracks also kinda look segmented, and not a rubber band, which would be way more detailed and cool.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Quite possibly. I just focused on the back wheel.

It would seem that G-1, 2 and the Red Impulse jet are the same scale, whereas the G-3 and G-4 are in the same scale. The Godphoenix is in another scale altogether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2009 12:53PM by RainBot.
It would be cool (IMO)if Fewture were to release an auxilliary, squadron building set of those impulse jets.
None of this speculation matters because no one here is going to buy them anyway. Fucking hobos.
Anonymous User
Even at that tiny scale, Jun still has great legs. Sigh....
Gcrush Wrote:
> None of this speculation matters because no one
> here is going to buy them anyway. Fucking hobos.

Uh, pre-ordered from Toys2.
After I shell out 500 bucks for these stupid things THEN I will be a hobo.
Thank god I grew up with the Gatchaman-II series... my wallet is safe! :D

But seriously these look great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer