The Next Brave Gokin should be...

Posted by Warrhead 
So will the Zillion bike be more like the Ride Armors or more like the Mugen Calibur?

Either way it will probably be too small.
[www.collectiondx.com]

Grendizer for the Luddites
Sanjeev (Admin)
Who shot who in the what now?
So, is the CM's Brave Gokin Jeeg the definitive version of the character? Is it worth the $300?
Gcrush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, is the CM's Brave Gokin Jeeg the definitive
> version of the character? Is it worth the $300?

$300? Just checked, didn't realize the new CM's Jeeg were so expensive. The old ones are pretty cool, I only saw the clear one in hand.
Grendizer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 11:49AM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - 2Bqu8ByAFjmbZ0MhorgXMw.jpg (60.6 KB)
open | download - 480822_456130417740973_2004534119_n.jpg (52.3 KB)
damaged bryan Wrote:
> $300? Just checked, didn't realize the new CM's
> Jeeg were so expensive. The old ones are pretty
> cool, I only saw the clear one in hand.

So, regarding the CMs Brave Gokin Jeeg in Old Skool Flavahs... I bit the bullet and, hands down, it's not worth the price tag. But it is the only "modernized" version of Classic Jeeg in play. And that seems unlikely to change anytime soon.

THE GOOD: It's very, very classic. Sleek, sexy lines and super-bold colors. Truly a feast for the eyes. Lots of attachments. Plastic is high quality, durable stuff. And Panzeroid! I cannot sing the praises of that robot horse highly enough. The design and quality on that part of the package are phenominal! The Jeeg-Centaur is, for me, the highlight of the experience.

THE UGLY: There is some absurd engineering going on with the basic Jeeg figure. They went overboard with the magnetic joints and, unfortunately, they're not strong enough or positioned well enough to do more than make Jeeg (barely) stand at attention. There are lots of superfluous arm parts. The box is stupidly huge with loads of wasted space.

YOUR MOMS: The photos on the box are dirty fucking cheats when it comes to representing the range of motion in the figure. For example, you can actually see where the ankle joints are half removed from their sockets in some pics. It's like they knew the joints were half-assed but they were too far along in production to change anything. Lame.

Overall, CMs Classic Jeeg is about one iteration away from Magnemo perfection. A few small tweaks to the joints would make it unsurpassable instead of subpar. If you buy it, throw the stupid legs away and just plop Jeeg's metal ass on his horses neck-stump for a truly badass toy.
Would it be possible to take it apart to replace the magnets by better ones?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
thomas Wrote:
> Would it be possible to take it apart to replace
> the magnets by better ones?

I think that would only solve part of the problem. Without a lot of photos and technical diagrams, the main issue is how the joints have been placed and secured in the limbs. In general, the flexing or levering part of the joint is usually placed on the wrong side of a limb section. For example, we could replace the magnets in the knees, but the knee joints would still buckle because of how the cup is designed to lever at the lower thigh instead of the upper shin. Likewise, the shins would still spin freely and this would also contribute to the knees collapsing. What's puzzling about the joints is how elegantly they engineered the shoulders - little teeth on the contact points to prevent drooping and detents at the hinge to support flexing. They should have done that all around.
Some pics.

You might be able to see what I'm talking about with the joints. Odd limb proportions with floppy movement...

You can definitely see what I'm talking about with Panzeroid. A glorious thing of beauty, nearly worth the price of admission on its own...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 11:33PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - jeeg 1.jpg (106.2 KB)
open | download - jeeg 2.jpg (169.7 KB)
open | download - jeeg 3.jpg (173 KB)
open | download - jeeg 4.jpg (172.5 KB)
St. Jeeg and the Dragon:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2012 11:34PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - jeeg 5.jpg (100.6 KB)
More pics of Grendizer, it's suppose to be 21cm tall. Price ????

[www.toyshunter.it]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 11:05AM by chen.
Sanjeev (Admin)
^^ I think that Nu Gundam, not Grendizer.

:P

Anyway, 21cm is actually pretty beastly, huh? What was the SoC? 16 or 17? And I like the sculpt on this one way more. More cartoony, I think...sorta reminds me of the old Max Factory vinyl kit.

Optional hands with articulated fingers is pretty wild. It seems like they've worked in an extending elbow joint, a la Aoshima, to avoid the shitty bendy Screw Crusher blades on the SoC. And there are option forearms with individually-jointed Screw Crusher blades...intense! I'm super-curious about how they're going to handle the Spazer Cross. The SoC having collapsing legs was a neat idea...but I didn't really like the design of the Spazer with all the weird panels and whatnot. It's a tough nut to crack though.

Anyway, when I first heard of CM's Grendy, I rolled my eyes and thought "redundant" given the SoC and High Dream's offerings...but who knows. This may end up being pretty sweet. Of course...I'd dump it all at a moment's notice for an SoC DX Grendizer! :P
Lol yeah I was trying to figure out how to show a image but just couldn't figure it out now, you can either open or save the file but not "see" it to get the img info. But yeah this looks pretty good, about the same size as the Aoshima Mazinkaiser plus it has a ton of gimmicks. I don't know if it was stated before but if you dock Grendizer in the Spazer there will be a mini Duke Fleed in the cockpit of the Spazer and conversely there will be a mini Duke Fleed in the face cockpit when Grendizer is not docked and the head is tilted forward. The main issue is price, CM Gokins aren't cheap by any means and a huge set of a pretty large Grendizer and Spazer I can easily see it being $300+.
Sanjeev (Admin)
chen Wrote:
> ...I
> don't know if it was stated before but if you dock
> Grendizer in the Spazer there will be a mini Duke
> Fleed in the cockpit of the Spazer and conversely
> there will be a mini Duke Fleed in the face
> cockpit when Grendizer is not docked and the head
> is tilted forward.

(By the way, Dan explained embedding images in another thread: just copy the URL for "Open" and use that between your img tags.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer