The Next Brave Gokin should be...

Posted by Warrhead 
[robogeki.sakura.ne.jp]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
Honestly, that combined Garbin looks pretty fucking hot. Nearly the same size as the original...and about the same diecast content. Now...if only it didn't cost the same as the vintage! ;)
This toy looks fantastic. I put mine up on eBay without opening it because I'd rather have the Miyazawa Limited version coming out in March. Does anybody know who or what Miyazawa is? It seems to be the label for all of CM's limited edition versions.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Beats me who Miyazawa is...but from the looks of that version, it appears to have the Godaikin-style head and similar metallic paintjob. Good call, Scopedog.
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beats me who Miyazawa is...but from the looks of
> that version, it appears to have the
> Godaikin-style head and similar metallic paintjob.
> Good call, Scopedog.

If the Miyazawa Limited version has chromed upper arms I can die happy. I'm crossing my fingers.
Here's the Miyazawa version.

[www.1999.co.jp]

MattAlt (Admin)
More to the point here is the Miyazawa sales sheet:

No mention of chrome. Looks like metallic for the paint, "pearl" for the formerly white parts. Which make makes this a tough call -- the Godaikin-style head is great, but I wish they'd leave the white bits alone. Guess we'll just have to see what it looks like when it actually comes out.
I was already fighting the urge to try to buy this thing and now they come out with any even more pimp version. Good lord is it pretty though. Love that head.
I prefer the anime head but I understand how others would prefer the other version if they have the Godaikin nostalgia for that head.

Well, I'm a few years late, but it looks like I'm finally getting a Sankan-Oh. I'll need to find a way to clear some shelf space before it arrives.
Sankan-Oh is great. One of the really good CM's gokins.

More serious than thou
Anonymous User
Miyazawa version:

[www.toysdaily.com]

Mine's being shipped as I write this!
Looking good! I may get the Miyazawa version at a later date, but right now I'm more than happy with the normal version.

}D
The Miyazawa's blue paint has that sparkly old school touch. The arms and legs white should have been chromed.

My Sankan-Oh arrived yesterday, and I'm very pleased with it!
I'm surprised how much I like the mammoth transformation. In the pictures it looked somewhat flimsy, but it's actually very sturdy.
Hopefully these will fare better than the last set.

Artillery Frame! or whatever the chubby ODG one is called.

Vince, the vintage Gordian actually had white legs. I'm not sure if chrome would look right on the new toy, since its arms don't have that framework exposing the inner parts. The metal flake paint effect is always nice though.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Nothing new about the Orgroid?
Who cares, they had a new Baratack toy there just to the right of the Artillery Frame. He looks to be about the same size, so I'd gather that he'll come with a boatload of accessories.
Anonymous User
Got my Miyazawa edition a few days ago. I now understand what some folks mean when the say the toy feels fragile. I must agree that this toy, although a lot less complex than Baikanfu, strangely feels so.

I had pretty high hopes when I saw some pics of it, but I'm a bit disappointed. The photos gave me the impression that the toy is indestructible. Oh well, maybe I'm just fussy.

Protesser is a LOT smaller than I imagined. Man, he's TINY, way smaller than the human figure from Baikanfu! Did I mention he's so light he can barely balance himself (the super-small feet had a lot to do with this, never mind it's diecast)? Also, it's so small they can't incorporate higned joints on the bicep panels - so the swivelling is made possible by very thin plastic separating the panel from the arm - it's a single piece, actually. I read about this prior to my purchase, so I didn't bother trying to open it.

I'm also slightly irked that the rachet joints on Garbin's hips can't lock at the perfect angle to achieve a perfect A-stance. Therefore, the legs are either too close or too far apart. Agh! Reminds me of Takara's DX Fireconvoy.

To be fair, it is nice-looking toy.. and I really love the metallic/pearl colors -sure makes it look classy. And it's got more details (on Garbin's body) than the standard version too.

WORD of caution - be careful when you're posing Garbin with Delinger inside, particularly Delinger's arms. They have to be in the correct angle before you start posing him all over the place. If the joints are not aligned with Garbin's arm joints, you can kiss your money goodbye.

In short, it's certainly not a perfect toy - I definitely prefer Baikanfu. But nonetheless, it's still a very nice addition to one's gokin collection.

Photos Attached.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 12:25PM by Amuro-Ray.
Attachments:
open | download - Box Inside_x.jpg (461.4 KB)
open | download - Garbin1_x.jpg (426 KB)
open | download - Garbin2_x.jpg (374 KB)
open | download - Dellinger and Protesser_x.jpg (434.5 KB)
Anonymous User
More pics.
Attachments:
open | download - Open1_x.jpg (404.2 KB)
open | download - Open2_x.jpg (447.4 KB)
Fragility issues non-withstanding, that metallic flake paint job is gorgeous.
Gordian seems to do the "robot inside a robot with open panels" better than Baikanfu.

Baikanfu comes from a much better anime though.

hey, whatever happened to that Brave Gokin Orguss? Is CM's Corp still making that? Or will it go the way of Dancouga Nova?
Ditto. The Orguss was the one that I would potentially get (providing it not be ridiculously expensive like Gordian).

Weren't they also planning a Baratak as well?

Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Ditto. The Orguss was the one that I would
> potentially get (providing it not be ridiculously
> expensive like Gordian).
>

This is CM's we're talking about. I expect the Orguss to be around the Calibur and Gordian price range, if they still plan to release it at all. Given their recent stints with the limited editions, I'd bet that they have an Orgroid II as the limited version.
And don't forget there's the mass production type Orguss. I liked that one.

I just want an Olsen type Orguss...not a crappy palm action one (I keep it in gerwalk or fryer mode) or the ever fragile Takatoku figures. I hate to say it, but...I'd even buy one if Yamato released it.

I feel dirty now.

Speaking of empty promises...how about that "BIG SUPRISE" announcement a year ago? The one with silouettes of Neo Getter Robo 1, 2, and 3?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2010 07:20PM by RedAleseides.
Brave Gokin classic Jeeg is on the way.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

As is classic tekkaman.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 11:29AM by Runaphen.
No Orguss at all makes me extremely sad. Because it's a transforming design (and thus would be more expensive) maybe it's been put on the back burner.
Holy balls! That Tekkaman and Baratack look fantastic.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Tekkaman looks rad. I especially dig the Pegas.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Uh, Acrobunch? [www.toy-world.com.hk]
[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

More Jeeg: [www.toy-world.com.hk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 07:33AM by Runaphen.
Ha! They're really scraping the bottom of the mecha barrel there. Acrobunch does have a great opening though.

They made Jeeg into a headmaster!

Diecast Battlepod? Whoa. Y39,900? Whoa squared.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> Diecast Battlepod? Whoa. Y39,900? Whoa squared.

Ahem

Regult H.D.P. (Heavy Duty Polyurethane) Kit - August release, 39,900 Yen (inclusive of tax).
Hah. Yeah, I caught the katakana for "kit" when I went back to look at it. Ya got me before I could amend my post, dammit.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
UM.... PEGAS!?
Vincent Z. Wrote:

> They made Jeeg into a headmaster!

Yeah, I like how CMs doesn't even 'try' to disguise the extra head bits in Hiroshi Shiba 'mode'.
Neo Getter 1 and 2 look sorta clunky, like they'd have trouble using their elbow and knee joints.
Neo Getter 3 looks awesome, though.

I wonder if Pegas is "huggable-size". It looks pretty big.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer