The Next Brave Gokin should be...

Posted by Warrhead 
Anonymous User
You have a point.

However, I think CM's goes one step further with the retro funk. Godmars, Daimos and Voltes look true to their anime counterpart, but they did have more modern tweaks than Gordion.
CM's Corp reaction to a recession is like "la la la, I can't hear you. Here, have another $200 robot from your youth."

I must say that the line up is quite impressive though. I really hope Orguss isn't ridiculously expensive though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Here, here on the Orguss. I was so excited when Megahouse release their orgroids. Sadly, my Olsen special lives in it's box due to all the flimsy hinges :(

Gimme an affordable orguss with good, dependable joints. is that really too much to ask?
I'm afraid the "affordable" part might be. I really hope for the success of CM's but fear that the Orguss might not fare so well. At least not in America. As it stands it is stil possible to get a good to mint condition 1/40 Orgroid for relatively cheap on eBay. Same for the Nikick. It's the Standard Nikick and Olsen Special that fetch the hefty prices. Personally, after finally aquiring those two, the only thing that would tempt me would be the MLovers and Ishkicks made to be in scale with the old TT 1/40's or Orgroids and Nikicks made to be in scale with the MLovers and Ishkick. But the proto only really has different proportions and a different scale going for it, I don't see any new articulation or a particularly sleek(er) flier mode. I mean, I WANT new Orguss toys, but what I am seeing doesn't wow me like I thought and hoped it would. A full line of Brave Gokins for the the Orgroids and Nikicks with either BG or Brave Action MLovers and Ishkicks with an in scale Drifand Dal would probably get me to take the whole plunge for their Orguss releases though.
MattAlt (Admin)
More links to photos from the 2009 "CM's Private Show":

Yacolog:

[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Here's another:

[blog.hobbystock.jp]

The Gardian is really shaping up!

While the Gordian looks cool, how's the articulation? That's the main thing I'm looking for here.
MattAlt (Admin)
I agree. I need to come up with the reason I'm planning to use to explain to the world, which is I assume as fascinated as ever with my purchasing habits, as to why I didn't buy it. Always best to get a head start on that sort of thing.
Anonymous User
The hands have about the same level of poseability as Baikanfu, but I'm VERY curious about the hip joints. I can't see any hinges, but then again, they may just be concealed the armor. What gets me worried is that the promotional shots don't seem to show off any leg poseability at all - it's just the hands. Oh well - with or without this, I'm still getting him.
After studying the images of the flyers behind the toys, I'm pretty sure gordian has at least knee joints on all three units. I'd have to guess that the "pilot" is a bendy fig.
I'm just shocked they are crazy enough to be doing Baratak.
Wow, the Alt-oid is putting on the snark! Rock on brother
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
MattAlt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. I need to come up with the reason I'm
> planning to use to explain to the world, which is
> I assume as fascinated as ever with my purchasing
> habits, as to why I didn't buy it. Always best to
> get a head start on that sort of thing.

Ha ha ha ha!
This IS ToysnobDX....where we only talk about toys...not actually buy them.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Not in THIS economy anyway!

More serious than thou
TEH MARKET111111

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
CM's don't got time for this economic recession bullshit!
They got them dreams to fulfil and wallets to rape!

Lots of good stuff there, I like the Aestavalis and the Dagwon set in particular, was only expecting to see Fire Dagwon, not both at once.
Gorde'un en Detcembre

25,800Yen

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
Well, at least I can start saving some money until then, 'cause I'm so getting this!!!

}D
BBTS has Gordian for preorder at $350... christ.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fuck.

I'll stick with the vintage. Almost 3 bills for a new toy? Good luck...
Does this global economic recession mean anything to CM's? How can these sorts of companies continue to push out such flagrantly high-priced pieces?
While Id usually go buck wild for that NEOGETTER team, I just cant get excited knowing that most likely they'll be way out of my price range...and the fact that Id have to buy 2 NGetter 1's just to get the whole team.
How did it go from about $260 to $344?!!! That's what I call SEVERE MARK UP!!!

}(
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Fuck.
>
> I'll stick with the vintage. Almost 3 bills for a
> new toy? Good luck...

I hear ya, but finding one with knees that are in tact.. What an adventure.
NEOGETTER Wrote:
> ...and
> the fact that Id have to buy 2 NGetter 1's just to
> get the whole team.

What do you mean???!

}|
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> Sanjeev Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fuck.
> >
> > I'll stick with the vintage. Almost 3 bills for
> a
> > new toy? Good luck...
>
> I hear ya, but finding one with knees that are in
> tact.. What an adventure.

And even if you do find one in great shape with intact knees and a decent box, the Jack Ass who sold it to you would probably just slap priority tape right on the original box and ship it bargain basement parcel post...
The shame of it is, I used to have the original Gardian back when... :(

More serious than thou
I'm still disappointed that they don't seem to have plans to make a Gazette or a Tulcas.
Ugh, I bet the Orguss is going to be $180 at least. Fuck that noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Man, and their fantastic Goshogun only cost about 90 bucks at the time of release. How things change...

More serious than thou
The_Mazinger_Z Wrote:
> NEOGETTER Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...and
> > the fact that Id have to buy 2 NGetter 1's just
> to
> > get the whole team.
>
> What do you mean???!
>

Maybe I misunderstood it but didnt it show that 1 & 2 come together and 1 & 3 come together. Also didnt someone else mention this as well. I could be wrong, if so blame it on my excited me to actually see the whole unaffordable NG team being done :(
> }|
Wouldn't mind seeing more Getter spin-off figures. Hien would be really neat. The Shin Getter (both Shin/Armageddon and Shin/New) stuff would make good SOCs. Though those have been done to death. I don't really care for the Apocrypha Dash designs that I've seen so I won't be heart broken if they never surface as figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> I hear ya, but finding [a vintage Gardian] with knees that are in
> tact.. What an adventure.

I'm not gonna lie to ya...I picked up one of those Taiwanese knockoffs a year or two ago (after the eBay shenanigans Jason referenced!)...thing's solid as a rock. Some of the plastic feels a little waxy (especially the white), but it's super strong.

Unless and until I get rich or a minty vintage one falls into my lap, I'm leaving that fucker on my shelf...
You know, I too have one of those Godaikin Gordians somewhere around here! However, I know it has a least one damaged knee and the Clint mecha-panther was missing. Still, that one from CM's is looking really good. Shame it is sooo expensive...

}D
Anonymous User
As much as I like Gordion, I couldn't help wishing that it's as poseable as Baikanfu. This guy looks like a brick compared with the latter. Costs about 50% more too. *sigh*

I'll wait for photos of the final prototype before I make a decision whether to buy this.
Amuro-Ray Wrote:
> As much as I like Gordion, I couldn't help wishing
> that it's as poseable as Baikanfu. This guy looks
> like a brick compared with the latter.

I like Gordians brickness. He's a super robot. Not a ninja.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 07:37AM by mago.
[www.youtube.com]

Gordian will step on you.
Gordian: When asking for a hug turns you into a mech stomping super robot.
More Gordian.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 10:47AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - ap_20090724051707270.jpg (75.4 KB)
open | download - ap_20090724051719583.jpg (88.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer