-------------------------------------------------------
> you know what this line NEEDS? (besides King
> Gainer) Bounen no Xamd. I don't CARE that
> they're not robots; (besides the ASP suits) Bandai
> can just do what they did with the ______ In
> Action spinoffs (in the years before the
> "Offshoot" branding) and call it Hitogata
> Damashii.

But that's the thing. Instead of having a dozen seperate series, they're trying to keep it all under one toy line. Doing what you just said would undermine all of that.
Do my eyes deceive me? Bandai is actually recognizing Gundam X's existence and is actually making toys based on it? Hell must've frozen over. What'll they do next, Victory?

But you know, I'll probably still never get a decent representation of the Daughtress, Jenice, or Vertigo.
chunkypuff31 Wrote:
>
> But that's the thing. Instead of having a dozen
> seperate series, they're trying to keep it all
> under one toy line. Doing what you just said would
> undermine all of that.

what are you talking about? The Damashii name derives from the "Soul of..." branding, which includes, what, six lines now? And the new Jibun Damashii line has nothing to do with Robot Damashii at all.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
> chunkypuff31 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > But that's the thing. Instead of having a dozen
> > seperate series, they're trying to keep it all
> > under one toy line. Doing what you just said
> would
> > undermine all of that.
>
> what are you talking about? The Damashii name
> derives from the "Soul of..." branding, which
> includes, what, six lines now? And the new Jibun
> Damashii line has nothing to do with Robot
> Damashii at all.

True, I forgot about that. I thought you meant that they should create spinoff series of the Robot Damashii series itself, thus starting the "_____ in Action" trend again, where Bandai starts a new line, releases about 2-6 figures, and then discontinues it. What I like about the Robot Damashii series is that they keep all MSiA-like figues under one banner, and one banner only.
Yep, Keeping related figures under one banner & one banner only makes obvious sense. Keeping them in scale with each other is also quite beneficial.

I hope this Robot Spirits line has a good, long life span full of quality releases.
I'm kinda pissed that:

1.They didn't do more MSIA during the Zeta Gundam blitz (ala, why didn't they do a Gaplant?).

2.I want some F91 era figures dang nabbit. Den'an Zon!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
chunkypuff31 Wrote:
>
> True, I forgot about that. I thought you meant
> that they should create spinoff series of the
> Robot Damashii series itself,

They might as well, because it's already screwed.

> What I like about the Robot
> Damashii series is that they keep all MSiA-like
> figues under one banner, and one banner only.

Except that they don't, because they've continued releasing MSIAs/EMIAs and In Action Offshoots as the Robot Damashii line rolled out. Activity on these lines has quieted down in '09, but they've still done the EMIA Gundam painted to look like the 1/1 scale statue, and the Code Geass Offshoot limited release of the Lancelot Frontier in CC's pink colors. Despite the high-minded, organizational motivations you may ascribe the formation of the Robot Damashii line to, Bandai clearly has little concern for the supposed problem of these lines coexisting or overlapping.

-Paul Segal

we're never going to get that master grade F90.

;_;
asterphage Wrote:
> chunkypuff31 Wrote:
> >
> > True, I forgot about that. I thought you meant
> > that they should create spinoff series of the
> > Robot Damashii series itself,
>
> They might as well, because it's already screwed.
>
> > What I like about the Robot
> > Damashii series is that they keep all MSiA-like
> > figues under one banner, and one banner only.
>
> Except that they don't, because they've continued
> releasing MSIAs/EMIAs and In Action Offshoots as
> the Robot Damashii line rolled out. Activity on
> these lines has quieted down in '09, but they've
> still done the EMIA Gundam painted to look like
> the 1/1 scale statue, and the Code Geass Offshoot
> limited release of the Lancelot Frontier in CC's
> pink colors. Despite the high-minded,
> organizational motivations you may ascribe the
> formation of the Robot Damashii line to, Bandai
> clearly has little concern for the supposed
> problem of these lines coexisting or overlapping.

Exclusive repaints don't count and you know it!
I'd be very happy to see F91 and Victory Gundam get some love in this line. Especially the V2 Gundam. How about a Vifam and a King Gainer as well? And a Kapool and SUMO for Turn A? (both of which can be repainted, Bandai!) A Robot Damashii Corin Nander Custom Kapool...cheese-an'-crackers! how bleedin' awesome would that be?!

*Sigh*
Yep, a V2 Gundam would be nice so would the F 91.
Anonymous User
asterphage Wrote:

> They might as well, because it's already screwed.

Come now, you're overplaying Damashii's death. And it doesn't even look like it's dying anytime soon, Bandai's flooding the line with a ton of releases.

> Except that they don't, because they've continued
> releasing MSIAs/EMIAs and In Action Offshoots as
> the Robot Damashii line rolled out. Activity on
> these lines has quieted down in '09, but they've
> still done the EMIA Gundam painted to look like
> the 1/1 scale statue, and the Code Geass Offshoot
> limited release of the Lancelot Frontier in CC's
> pink colors. Despite the high-minded,
> organizational motivations you may ascribe the
> formation of the Robot Damashii line to, Bandai
> clearly has little concern for the supposed
> problem of these lines coexisting or overlapping.

...So okay, this year In Action Offshoot gets one release, and EMIA gets one other release, and suddenly Bandai has no idea as to what they're doing? Even though this is just squeezing a bit of cash off people who love exclusives anyway?
Apharmd Wrote:
>
> > They might as well, because it's already
> > screwed.
>
> Come now, you're overplaying Damashii's death. And
> it doesn't even look like it's dying anytime soon,
> Bandai's flooding the line with a ton of
> releases.

Huh? We're not talking about anything dying. We're talking about the inevitable fragmentation of the "Damashii" name into a dozen separate lines which may or may not have anything to do with each other.

When this occurred with the "In Action" brand, it didn't mean the death of the brand. The Super Robot In Action, Aura Battler In Action and Walker Machine In Action figures came out NINE YEARS ago, and the Patlabor ones not much more recently! And the MSIA line is still limping into the future, even in the shadow of Robot Damashii.

> ...So okay, this year In Action Offshoot gets one
> release, and EMIA gets one other release, and
> suddenly Bandai has no idea as to what they're
> doing? Even though this is just squeezing a bit of
> cash off people who love exclusives anyway?

I think you're ignoring my larger point about Bandai's attitude in favor of focusing on one little qualification I made. However, I'll humor your contention and explain why the In Action Offshoot Lancelot Frontier is exemplary of Bandai's attitude as I see it.

Bandai wants to keep all the In Action-style figures under the banner of Robot Damashii, right? In that case, wouldn't they want to announce a Robot Damashii Lancelot to replace the In Action Offshoot Lancelot? It would be the perfect item to release alongside the Robot Damashii Guren Mk. II, which supplants the In Action Offshoot Guren Mk. II. This strategy has been working out for Kaiyodo, which frequently releases "rival" mecha as Revoltechs either in the same month or one month and the next. However, Bandai has put out this exclusive repaint, the In Action Offshoot Lancelot Frontier - representing a version of the mech that only ever interacts with mecha produced in the Robot Damashii line. And you can bet your ass that if they do a Robot Damashii Lancelot next year or the year after, they sure won't be rushing to put out another limited-edition mail-order-only pink repaint. As they move forward into the new Robot Damashii order, Bandai is still condemning the fans to mix in items from the older, supposedly outmoded line.

In the end, my point is this - the illusion of "purity" or "unity" in the Robot Damashii line, which causes some on this board to say I should not be calling out for a Hitogata Damashii line, is nothing more than a fraud they perpetrate on themselves. Cast off your blinders! Break the shell of the world! And embrace the humanforms.

-Paul Segal

Arbalest is out.

[d.hatena.ne.jp]

[otakuhaiyuu.seesaa.net]

I ordered Turn X. Since HCM Pro is dead, I want to check out this line.
Turn A Turn, baby.

[www.toysdaily.com]

Turn A Turn.
He looks NICE! It appears like his wrists have tilt articulation. That's a nice feature.
Sachiel Wrote:
>
> I ordered Turn X. Since HCM Pro is dead, I want to
> check out this line.

Just got Turn X, my first Robot Damashii. Sweet merciful crap, this thing is awesome. Blows the Yamato GN-U Dou's out of the water in its solidness, and is just as posable as a Revoltech. Just wonderful. Pity I probably won't be able to afford any others, which are too rich for my blood (I got Turn X for half price from HLJ).

Best,
--Ken-A
Did you get the regular or moonlight butterfly version?
RedAleseides Wrote:
> Did you get the regular or moonlight butterfly
> version?

Regular (no longer on sale, unfortunately):

[www.hlj.com]
Oh my oh yes. [ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]

Finally some V2 love.

I just hope the armor can be removed.
Christ on a bike, Bandai WAS listening.. V2 ASSUALT BUSTER GUNDAM! :D

[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]

MG please Bnadai, pretty please... and then double X.
[blog.hobbystock.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 08:57AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 0yguug20.jpg (131.8 KB)
open | download - 010.jpg (84.9 KB)
open | download - 025.jpg (163.4 KB)
Ooh, beaten to the punch I see.

and yay, more evas...
Dammit, I'm going to have to start picking these up now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 08:02AM by Kwesi K..
Spearhead! Zegapain! Awakened Nirvash Type The End which will probably be a web shop exclusive! Totally random and awesome at the same time. I'm a tad disappointed no Gundam X, but I have a suspicion that they'll be doing everything that was on that list, just that fan popularity will be determining the release order.
That Spearhead is tremendously exciting. I thought it was weird that they didn't do the original Nirvash, but I guess they're leading up to it gradually. Hopefully the course that Robot Damashii Side LFO follows will include the U.F. Force mass production type KLF Mon-Soono (the "Zaku" of the series), which was planned in the old model kit line but never saw existence past a test shot displayed at trade shows and in magazines.

Considering the recent strategies with Robot Damashii, when they do the Terminus-types, they just might do a Tamashii Web exclusive of the military version from the video game ( [www.mahq.net] ), though I only would expect it in the game's hero's black and white colors, not military green or special forces navy blue.

When they eventually do original Nirvash, I hope it'll include the "laser bazooka" or whatever it was... in the series, it was used briefly by original Nirvash in a flashback (in which Nirvash, fighting alongside some of those military Terminus types that star in the video game, might've sported the same black and white colors seen early on in the movie) and again briefly by Nirvash Spec 2 in the present. The model kit and "Transmodel" of Nirvash didn't include it, but the model kit of Nirvash Spec 2 did. Also, some of Gekkostate's Terminus-types in the TV series used a hand-carried rifle, a forearm-mounted gun, and missile pods, as I recall, all distinct from their permanently mounted weapons... as much as I liked the "Transmodel" figures, they lacked any of these extras, and I'd like to see the Robot Damashii line attempt to be "comprehensive" with these designs.

-Paul Segal

The V2 is a step in the right direction but I won't be satisfied until they do some enemy MS from V and F-91.

Anonymous User
I have been wanting a toy of the V2 Assault Buster since I was 12. I think the last V toy was the MS in Poketto line from the early 90s, no?

Zegapain is also a nice surprise... I thought the show was quite good, and found the lack of merchandising strange.
Um, actually the last V Gundam toy were those transforming Banpresto ones from around 5 years ago that had a small amount of diecast. Mine's yellowing and practically no toy of mine has really yellowed which tells me they used a cheap grade of plastic.

asterphage Wrote:
> the "Transmodel" figures, they lacked any of these
> extras, and I'd like to see the Robot Damashii
> line attempt to be "comprehensive" with these
> designs.

I'm still indecisive about the Robot Damashii Nirvash Spec 2. The transmodel of Terminus R909 is a decent display, but very-gumby like and heavy. I was excited to see the Nirvash Spec 2 capable of both transformations, but after seeing a gallery review, there seems to be a pile of swapable parts.

This is really turning out to be an interesting line, I hope my wallet can keep up with it!
Anonymous User
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Um, actually the last V Gundam toy were those
> transforming Banpresto ones from around 5 years
> ago that had a small amount of diecast. Mine's
> yellowing and practically no toy of mine has
> really yellowed which tells me they used a cheap
> grade of plastic.

Oh, right. Thanks. I actually have one of those... can't believe I forgot about it. Yeah, the Banpresto toys from that era were a little iffy. I bought the Gaplant and Messala (since Bandai never got around to producing them in MSiA form, ahem) and could never get the damn things to transform properly. Sad to hear that the white plastic is prone to yellowing as well.
akum6n Wrote:
>
> Oh, right. Thanks. I actually have one of
> those... can't believe I forgot about it. Yeah,
> the Banpresto toys from that era were a little
> iffy. I bought the Gaplant and Messala (since
> Bandai never got around to producing them in MSiA
> form, ahem) and could never get the damn things to
> transform properly. Sad to hear that the white
> plastic is prone to yellowing as well.

I had no trouble transforming my Gaplant and Messala perfectly.
Then they both broke.
Nevertheless, for their extremely cheap pricing and high level of ambition, I do love that era of Banpresto.

-Paul Segal

Oh god Tamashii Stark Jegan. I remember drooling over a garage kit of it made by the Church of the Machine. That was like ten years ago.

[j.parsons.edu]

fuck the page is still there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 08:02PM by VF5SS.
Of topic, but Banpresto made a TOY of the Messala!? I never knew that! Please tell me one of you has pics of it somewhere?

Back on topic, while reading a post about this on another website, someone mentioned something I hadn't noticed. Those RX-78 RD figures are listed as Micro Damashii. Weird nobody else has mentioned this new subline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 10:50AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 036.jpg (215.5 KB)
open | download - 037.jpg (231.2 KB)
open | download - r012.jpg (105.2 KB)
open | download - r013.jpg (94.8 KB)
Marasai Wrote:
> Of topic, but Banpresto made a TOY of the
> Messala!? I never knew that! Please tell me one
> of you has pics of it somewhere?

I could swear that HLJ listed it when it came out, but I can't find it. This is all I can find in terms of photos:

Keep in mind these are very small, probably in scale with the Zeta Gundam and Bound Doc they did a few years earlier, and are mostly soft PVC. They're pretty complex, though.

-Paul Segal

Got my Turn X.

It really is a nice solid figure. Can't wait to pick up more.

And Evangelion... *drools*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 04:55PM by Sachiel.
Century Colour!

Million Colour!

[d.hatena.ne.jp]
This is one figure that really needs panel lines, without them it doesn't look right.
reed Wrote:
> This is one figure that really needs panel lines,
> without them it doesn't look right.

It needs a cow, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer