[ROBOT SPIRIT] Do you have it?

Posted by Anonymous User 
With all this new Crossbone/F91 stuff coming out, I'm thinking that the Gundam F90 has a chance of being made? I sure hope so.
chunkypuff31 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all this new Crossbone/F91 stuff coming out,
> I'm thinking that the Gundam F90 has a chance of
> being made? I sure hope so.

don't even joke about that
No, they'll make it and then all of its add-ons will be web shop only. I'd kind of rather have a Mars Zeon F90. That thing was kind of cool looking, plus as far as I know, the only Gundam any branch of Zeon ever used.

And bring on the damn MK.III already. You teased us with the MSIA, how about actually delivering with a Robot Damashii?
why are they filling this line with MS from unpopular shows anyway?
>why are they filling this line with MS from unpopular shows anyway?

Because some of us are so bored with the same OYW MS being made in every line they do. And the F-91 stuff oddly holds more nostalgia for me than the OYW MS stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
More stuff from many "unpopular" shows
[ga.sbcr.jp]
[journal.mycom.co.jp]
[www.blog.amiami.com]
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Because some of us are so bored with the same OYW
> MS being made in every line they do. And the F-91
> stuff oddly holds more nostalgia for me than the
> OYW MS stuff.

are you part of the Japanese fanbase?

take your zakus and like it
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> Vincent Z. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Because some of us are so bored with the same
> OYW
> > MS being made in every line they do. And the
> F-91
> > stuff oddly holds more nostalgia for me than
> the
> > OYW MS stuff.
>
> are you part of the Japanese fanbase?
>
> take your zakus and like it

I have the same feelings as Vincent. My first brush with Gundam was Victory, ZZ, Sentinel and F90. Local hobby shop in Hawaii brought in a bunch of the kits in the early 90s, along with some of the export Gakken stuff and MS in Pocket toys. I have fond memories of building those kits, even though I had no idea what they were at the time. I remember having the Psyco Gundam Mk.II, Galluss J, S Gundam, Gundam F90 and Rig Shokew.

For whatever reason, these later turned out to be the 'unpopular' series as they were eclipsed by the new lust for Wing style series and the OYW nostalgia from older fans. Still, I think for a lot of us semi-younger folk, these odd kits were our first memories of Gundam. Even though we were later introduced to the earlier series during the U.S. 'Gundamania' of the late 90s, those series somehow did not carry the same sense of mystique.

I, too, wonder why they would begin producing toys of some of the least popular series in Gundam. Didn't Tomino himself hate V? Maybe popular demand by the fans reached significant mass, or maybe they are attempting to appeal to the 'next generation' that grew up with series like V and F90/91. Whatever. I have no complaints.
Tomino doesn't hate V Gundam, he just hated the circumstances surrounding its production. There is a DVD extra of him saying you shouldn't buy the DVD, which I think it meant to be ironic since you have to buy it to see it.

it might be that they're juts trying to space out the release of Tamashii OYW stuff since most of it has been covered by MSiA, EMSiA, and the now dead HCM Pro. And possibly because F91 is the closet relative in the timeline to Unicorn.
Its nice to see Bandai finally branching out and doing stuff beyond OYW. F90-on had some of the more interesting MS designs and they always go ignored. I've often wondered if it was because they made the suits smaller and model releases would've been too small. At least through this avenue they don't get much of an excuse. I'm psyched to see them doing F91 and Victory.

Oddly enough though, while Victory was one of the first series of Gundam stuff I came into contact with, my earliest contact with Gundam was actually 0080, G, and Char's Counterattack.
>Tomino doesn't hate V Gundam, he just hated the circumstances surrounding its >production. There is a DVD extra of him saying you shouldn't buy the DVD, which I >think it meant to be ironic since you have to buy it to see it.

Pretty much this. Oddly when I attended Animefest last year where Tomino came and was asked what his favorite Gundam was, he said that the stuff from V Gundam was his favorite due to the MS having a smaller size and thus comes off as more realistically achievable.

I'm both surprised and gladdened by the fan's choice poll results that Bandai held at the Tamashii Feature. For Robot Damashii, the top three were Shinken-Oh, L-Gaim mk.II, and Gundam X. I didn't know Shinkenger was that popular to get #1, but who cares, the other two make me hopeful.
I'm stunned that they're doing the Zondo Gei, that goggled, helmeted mass-production MS from the Crossbone Gundam manga. You can tell it apart from the F91 anime's Denans by its goofy, squat countenance and trenchcoat-like skirts. Given that they're making el Zondo, I predict we'll also see a Flint, the mass-production 'GM' version of the Crossbone Gundam itself.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Well the thing to wonder is if Bandai will actually be releasing everything they showed off or not. How many of these designs will disappear and never be seen again? Their model lines are filled with designs that were showed off and never seen again.

Of course it would be nice to see them all but few actually got release dates, strangely enough the Turn A Gundam stuff mostly did! I hope to see the Zondo Gei if only it'd lead to more Crossbone Gundam manga suits. Even more Gundam F91 suits would be great I'd love to see a Berga Giros.
I so want that Koenig Monster
Does anyone know if there are any web shops that are able to get the Tamashii web items? I'm kind of surprised Angolz doesn't get them. Or what about some of those Hobby Japan special items?
How are the VF-25 ones? Any word on a Luca's custom RVF-25 one? I know they're doing the full armor Ozma one.

why don't they make tamashiis in 1/144th scale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2010 06:52PM by VF5SS.
Dammit, it does look like a shooter ship. Now I really need one.

So, these feel more like actual toys than the original GFF line? No loose floppy joints anymore either?
asterphage wants all the GFF discussion in the thread i just bumped

so this can be pure tamashii
jeez it's not my fault that you can't tell two threads apart.

post some of those Eva-02 reviews so we can marvel at how it looks like a tiny Soul Spec.

Furthermore, Robot Damashii are not 1/144 because Bandai has proven that they can maintain sales even with near-simultaneous RD and HG kit releases of even Gundam 00 second-stringers like the Gadessa and Garazzo. That's a neat trick to pull, and of course Bandai doesn't want to jeopardize their chances of keeping it up.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Eva 02 coming right up. [gamu-toys.info]
Eva looks good except for those awful looking hip joints.

Having the figure, the hips are not a distraction in-person.

These totally stomp on the Revoltechs. Great articulation. Tight, smooth joints. Better posing. Better sculpt.

Also about a head or more taller than the Revoltech.

Best EVA figure(s) made.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 12:54AM by Sachiel.
So to those who have actually bought a few of these. Are they actually worth the price. I picked up a few Revoltechs back when they first released and I keep seeing interesting figures coming from the robot spirit line but I see the prices and wonder how much better overall are they as compared to the revoltech line.

I see sachiel says these are the best Evas made Im guessing at this scale. Regardless are there any certain ones that stand out more than others. I do want to pick up some of teh gundams.
F91 is out.

[shishioh.info]
NEOGETTER,

Buy one to see if you like it.
Do any of the figures have a problem with the joints getting loose quickly like the HCMP line did?

I only have two the V2 Assault Buster Gundam and the Turn X and both their joints are quite tight and I doubt they'll get lose anything soon. If they are able to reflect the rest of the line there should be no worries.
RD construction is usually some combination of PVC and ABS(?) so they hold up about as well as better MSIA/EMSIA. If anything gets too loose just coat the joint pieces in some clear nail polish, it almost always works for me.
What is this Nazi-Zaku called? Is it a Denan Zon?

Den'an Zon, and the one to the right is the Den'an Gei. About time some of those F91 designs sees a toy.
Nostalgic design for me. I preordered both.

Hope they do the rest of the F-91 MS.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Berga Giros was big for me...ah, the days of "S Baldric" fansubbed vhs...
Exclusives. :(

EVA-00 : [p-bandai.jp]

JEGAN : [p-bandai.jp]
Maybe it's a wise move to make the Eva-00 an exclusive. Whenever they release an 00 toy (that's not the blue Kai version), as it tends to shelf warm. The Getter 3 of Evas.

"Berga Giros was big for me...ah, the days of "S Baldric" fansubbed vhs..."

I had the kit for that back then. Of course it would be years until I actually saw any Gundam anime.

Sanjeev (Admin)
The Bandai 1/100 Berga Giros kit was kinda shitty. Then again, we're just spoiled with current standards of plamo, in general...

But besides the build and mechanics of the kit, it still didn't get the proportions right, and that just ain't right.
Dang! That gatling gun that's included with Eva 00 is awesome! Forget the fugly 00 & sell that gun separately Bandai!
I went ahead and pre-ordered Den'an Zon, and Den'an Gei. I love that german military look.
[www.miasora.net]

GIANT HARO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer