[ROBOT SPIRIT] Do you have it?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
If not Hajime Katoki will not talk to you.

[www.toysdaily.com]

Anyways, Tamashii has anounced yet another new toyline, hopefully it is a succesor to MIA, because it seems to have substantial overlap with the already established line. (I had never been too impressed with MIA, but it seems like they plan to step up the quality and materials, and the price..)

I was suprised to see that, "One of the things that differentiates it from the previous iterations is the use of 3D data modeling in the design." Had MIA all been hand sculpted up to this point?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 10:31AM by Anavel.
Anonymous User
Gunota confirms that it is indeed the successor to MIA/MIA's sublines, like In Action Offshoot !!.

And yes, they are stepping up the quality of the materials. They're upgrading MIA to the format that the Code Geass robot figs from Bandai currently use, POM joints with ABS/PVC bodies. The results work quite well. I've got high hopes for this toyline. As for sculpt...well, I have no clue what they were doing previously, but the normal 00 MIA (Exia/Dynames/etc) have looked TERRIBLE. I'm glad that this set of figures will break that trend, especially with the 00 Gundam/GN Flag looking very smooth indeed.
I got really excited at seeing TURN X there, but then noticed the "exhibit only," which I thought means it was just a custom for the show and not a production toy. However, the Nirvash is also "exhibit only" which doesn't make sense because it's the headline mech from Eureka 7.

Am I missing something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 12:32PM by nidaram12.
At first Gunota Headlines mentioned a Turn A as well but now that's gone. Not even "exhibit only."
These pics illustrate the materials breakdown:

[www2.moeyo.com]

[www2.moeyo.com]

Enough PVC to keep me away. At least until they get to some subject matter I cannot resist, like Turn A.
Wait, what were MIA's primarily made out of? At least they weren't heavy on the ABS *sigh* oh the horrors of Mazinger 1901.
Part of me wants to go "do we really need ANOTHER small scale toyline from Bandai?" It seems like every week they announce a new subline or small toyline that only gets half completed and then abandoned.

While I'm not that big a fan of the figures themselves I really like the Revoltech way of trying to make one definitive standard. Hopefully this will be Bandai's Revoltech.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 01:51PM by nidaram12.
I was pretty blah on this news until I saw that Eureka Seven is one of the four corner stone series to be featured in the line. To say I'm surprised they're giving Nirvarsh and co another shot at toys would be an understatement, pleased also. :D

I don't like PVC but I like The End and the Devilfish more then I dislike PVC.

Edit: fingers crossed that these LFO figures will actually be able to stand up on their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 04:25PM by Fort Max.
Anonymous User
nidaram12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got really excited at seeing TURN X there, but
> then noticed the "exhibit only," which I thought
> means it was just a custom for the show and not a
> production toy. However, the Nirvash is also
> "exhibit only" which doesn't make sense because
> it's the headline mech from Eureka 7.
>
> Am I missing something?

I think it's "exhibit only" because it's obviously a very rushed prototype made for the press conference (ditto with the VF-25 and the Nirvash). I don't see a reason for Bandai to actually make customs that they won't sell for this press conference though, the Robot Damashii line is something to be played with, as opposed to the SIC line, which can make the claim that it's actual "art" alongside Gunpla, who both can do custom displays in public from individual modelers.

Anyway, I'm excited about this because MIA quality has been pretty terrible lately, but the Geass subset has been testing new techniques and technology to improve durability and sculpt. This is simply adapting other franchises to this new standard.
How long do you think it will be before Bandai's very own "ole faithful" creeps into this line?
Anonymous User
The RX-78-2? ;x
Aside from the Xamel MA, which didn't have must poseability to begin with, what MIA were actually good quality? I'd be happier if they released more of the MSV designs in this new line at a more affordable price than the GFF line. I like the GFF line, especially how two of them have gone on to MG status. The medium is too soft to withstand fist swapping and and it's other 2,000 gimmicks. And then the price...

I'm with you Fort Max on typetheEnd and Devilfish. And maybe the VC10 & Spearhead too.[www.mahq.net]

I wonder how many, if any, of the revoltech figures they will do? I think Revoltech has had a pretty good distribution of figure lines they choose. No particular order, but great choices. I have yet to buy one, I'm having trouble deciding between a GR or Black Getter.
Anonymous User
Most of the Extended MSIA line are pretty damn nice, save the SEED ones. They look good and play well, with modern engineering updates to classic designs like the Zaku 2/Gelgoog. The MIA line in general is a hit/miss. Ironically, SEED Destiny MIAs have sweet engineering in terrible designs, while the old 00 MIAs have decent designs with absolutely terrible sculpt and bad cost-cutting decisions. Geass In Action Offshoots are really nice. Better than Extended.
>Ironically, SEED Destiny MIAs have sweet engineering in terrible designs, while the old 00 MIAs have decent designs with absolutely terrible sculpt and bad cost-cutting decisions.<

I feel the same way. The Wing one were kinda weak too (although the 2.0 wing, Wing 0 and Epyon were nicely done). The Zeta Gundam ones like the Gabtheley B are quite excellent.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
All the 2.0 Wing stuff is really nice, and we got MAGUANACS! The Rx78 2.0, Acguy, Gyan, most of the Char's Counterattack stuff, and alot of the G-Gundam figures are all really nice for the size and $6 American price.
Too bad we never got that MK.III MSIA that was planned. I really hope they finally put it out in this line. Considering how nice the Geass figures are, I have some really high hopes for this series. I also am kind of wondering if they're going to relabel the upcoming Geass figures as Robot Tamashii?
Anonymous User
They will, Marasai. The Gawain we saw in this press conference looks like the one we saw in Tokyo Toy Show awhile back. They probably held back the Burais to keep Code Geass from dominating with the sheer amount.
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At first Gunota Headlines mentioned a Turn A as
> well but now that's gone. Not even "exhibit
> only."

Oh, let that be true. Please. Please! Let that be true.
The MSiA Dendrobium was nice, expensive, but at the time was craziest they got with the line. The Mobile Armors and vehicles were done pretty well too. The Zakurello, Grabro, Ramba Ral's weird tank-thing, Elmeth, Byg Zam and Psycho Gundam all had nice gimmicks, bonus figures, and some had electronics.
From my experience, while a majority of the first run figures were riddled with flaws, the second run of grunts and MSV's were pretty dang good for price point. 08th MS Team had some nice, gimmick fill figures with full backpack layout and a Gouf custom that came with that bomber craft.
Found this on Danny Choo, I wonder if this Devilfish is an exhibit only?
Attachments:
open | download - devilfish.jpg (107 KB)
Anonymous User
I think that's actually a different figure/statue.
[www.1999.co.jp]

The face just doesn't seem right...
Too bad they didn't follow up the L-Gaim Offshoot with more Heavy Metals.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
What scale/how are these things going to be?
A closer look at some prototypes and other things...

[blog.hobbystock.jp]
Turn X at GA Graphic.

[ga.sbcr.jp]

They couldn't possibly be thinking of releasing this thing without making a new and awesome Turn A figure to go with it. . . could they?
sure they could. And will.

Anyone notice they had an image for a GNX-III coming out along with the Ahead?
Plenty of Robot Damashii in the pipe.

[www.toysdaily.com]

[www.toysdaily.com]

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

I've not found a compelling reason to try one of these things yet.
Yeah after looking at those pictures they all pretty ugly to me. Maybe its just me but alot of the new robot/mecha designs are just crap looking to me. That ARX one looked pretty awesome though. Im not familiar with what anime it might be from but it was a solid design as well as that rounded looking one the photos under the ARX. Kinda reminded me of a SAFS.

For some reason alot of the new robots have that "zone of the enders" look to me.
The ARX-7 and Savage (the round one) from Full Metal Panic is very interesting news - they are the first in this line that don't come from Bandai's own Sunrise (e.g. Geass) or Bandai supported show (e.g. Macross F). The Savage is the common cannon fodder of the show, and is a "Soviet Union" design.

The Crossbone gundams in this line also appears to break away from the Ver.Ka style in the MG and Fix release, and looks more like the less refined design in the managa.
oh ok Ive never really watch Full Metal Panic. After seeing those design I might have to watch some of that. I really do like that Arx-7 and that Savage as you call it. Pretty awesome looking, I might have to pick up that arx-7 and mabye the savage. Cant wait to see some color on thos molds.
I was surprised to see the FMP stuff. Even more surprised to see the Devilfish from E7 and the Gekkas from Code Geass, particularly the pre-production type from Lost Colors.
I'm hoping they get around to doing Ray and Charles' Spearhead's from Eureka 7.
Full Metal Panic was one of those shows that slips past your radar. For all the goofy high school stuff it has, it's got way more great mecha action with a solid story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm pretty snobbish when it comes to a mecha show. Netflix has the whole series, which is how I watched it.

Those will be the first of this line I'll pick up, especially since they're doing the baddies. There was a revoltech of the arbalest in a modified form a while back, the leviaethan.
Can anyone give me a link to a store that has the normal colored Gundam 00 IN STOCK? Every store I've come accross only has the pink one in stock.

BTW, This dude has an excellent review on YouTube -
[www.youtube.com]
Anonymous User
There's a bunch on eBay from Hong Kong dealers. Just stick with the ones from 99% rating.
Thanks for the tip Apharmd, much appreciation!
Rather easy to find for me...
[www.1999.co.jp]
[www.angolz.com]
[safe.anime-export.com]
Devilfish!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer