Capcom VS Tatsunoko features Gold Lightan

Posted by servbot30 

EPIC
MattAlt (Admin)

AWESOME! :)

Looks like an arcade only release though. Can't wait for the console port :)
Neat.. Hey is that 'Technoman' below Gold Lightan..
[www.youtube.com] looks AWESOME!
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat.. Hey is that 'Technoman' below Gold
> Lightan..

Wasn't it still called "Tekkaman" when that version was originally released, dub-only, here? Tekkaman Blade was what eventually became Teknoman, right?

I wonder if Pegasus is involved in his special move...
servbot30 Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com] looks
> AWESOME!

...except that the Tatsunoko characters get owned.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
The only fighting game worth a damn in the last 10 years was Kikaioh/Tech Romancer. Maybe if they approach this game with that level of production it will work, but many of these characters are a bit lame, (capcom side). I'd have rather it been Tatsunoko vs Toei or Ashi and got some really great what-if stuff, Casshern vs Baikanfu or Joe vs Ken would be more fun than lame Street Fighter dudes you've played dozens of times before.

Gordian, Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada all have ties to Tpro. As well as some really crazy Time Bokan stuff. I want to see Roy Fokker bitch-slap Stick Bernard.

The roster isn't complete yet so there's still hope.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2008 05:01PM by Chirico Cuvie.
Speaking of which, why have they never made a Tech Romancer sequel?
fujishig Wrote:
> Wasn't it still called "Tekkaman" when that
> version was originally released, dub-only, here?
> Tekkaman Blade was what eventually became
> Teknoman, right?

No idea.. i just vaguely remember watching Teknoman in the early/mid 90s on the morning cartoons (in australia).. What i can remember of it was pretty good. I wouldnt mind trying to find the series to watch again..
90s Teknoman = Tekkaman Blade, AFAIK.

Too bad the series got kinda butchered in translation.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
The original Tekkaman was aired in America around the same time as Battle of the Planets/ G-Force. I heard it got dropped before finishing.

Yes thomas, that's correct about Tekkaman Blade. I have the chinese translation to english version--good series, even worse subtitles. Luckily, a more reliable (and perhaps legal) version was released last year. Hmmm...well Casshaan seems to have Frender/Frenda, so Tekkaman should get Pegas too.

I got Tatsunoko Fight for PS2 recently, but I still need a Japanese PS2 to play it.

I've never seen Gold Lightan--anyone know what "powers" he/it has?

While they are opening doors up, why not add some Ride Armors?
Right, Media Blasters (the company that released Voltron and now GoLion) released both the butchered Teknoman and the uncut, subtitled Tekkaman Blade (in three pretty cheap sets) in the US. Not sure about Australia, though.

Sadly, there's been no resurrection of the original Tekkaman...

On a side note, why is there so much love for Yattaman now? Granted, the original Time Bokan bras-on-head look is a little silly, but I'm surprised there's so much focus on Yattaman with the inclusion in this game and the new toys.
Capcom updated the roster, check out who's gonna join the Tatsunoko guys: IPPATSUMAN! :)

Hopefully his mecha will make an appearance in the game, like Gan-chan's Yatter-Wan.

More info and pics in Japanese: [news.dengeki.com]
So wait, IS this an arcade only release? Any news on if it will be released on a platform and if so, which one? (Curse'd, I hope if it's a PS3 game, I'll cry.)
RedAleseides Wrote:
> I've never seen Gold Lightan--anyone know what
> "powers" he/it has?

He punches things. For a finisher, he punches through his enemies body, grabs a hold of it's mechanics, and rips them out.

I don't think he'll get that move fighting against humans...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 07:20PM by Zambo Ace.
RedAleseides Wrote:
> So wait, IS this an arcade only release? Any news
> on if it will be released on a platform and if so,
> which one? (Curse'd, I hope if it's a PS3 game,
> I'll cry.)

Its gonna come out for the Nintendo Wii on December 11th in Japan, followed by the arcade version :)

There's even an exclusive character on the Wii version, don't know him that well though:

More info over at Nintendo Wii Fanboy: [www.nintendowiifanboy.com]
Official website: [www.capcom.co.jp]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer