Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
Here's the Macross Quarter. 30cm tall!
Attachments:
open | download - quarter.jpg (366.2 KB)
Roger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That 2 foot Macross is awesome, that's the kind of
> thing that appeals to me because it's large enough
> and simple enough that they probably won't screw
> anything up.

This is Yamato we're talking about. The same people that STILL can't make non-breaking shoulders after numerous tries.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
The Quarter is a definite buy, not so for the Yamato 2-footer... besides, ARMD carriers? SDF version all the way!
Anonymous User
So a 2-foot DYRL SDF Macross from Yamato will cost - what - like $400+ at Yamato's cost scale?

Might not be too crazy. If they know their buyership well enough to have them repeatedly shell out $100-$200 over and over and over again for an endless array of Valk toys they shouldn't have any problem selling this.

Gah. Well beyond what I can shell out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 11:22AM by AcroRay.
Not really bad price-wise. The TF Car Robots Brave Maximus, which is about the same size, also went for around $400 when it came out and this was just a recolor from the Fort Max molds.
Dangard Ace Wrote:
> Not really bad price-wise. The TF Car Robots
> Brave Maximus, which is about the same size, also
> went for around $400 when it came out and this was
> just a recolor from the Fort Max molds.

Brave Maximus retailed for 9,980 yen. Even by today's exchange rates that isn't $400.

-Randall
Didn't know the original Japanese price. All I remember is walking into a local comicbook store when it came out, Silver Snails, and they had one priced at over $300-$350. Add in 15%tax and it came to about $400. They were practically the only game in town at that point so they could dictate price. Chinatown prices were about the same if they had the toy. Didn't buy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 01:53PM by Dangard Ace.
Someone on MW suggested 500 bucks would be a _fair_ price for the Yamato SDF-1...

Personally I think people who think that are out of their mind.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
drifand Wrote:
> ...ARMD carriers? SDF
> version all the way!

AMEN, BROTHER.

Not even considering this--regardless of whether the quality/pricepoint ratio exceeds my wildest dreams--unless we get Prometheus/Daedalus arms.

Macross Quarter is a definite maybe. ;)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Dangard Ace Wrote:
> Not really bad price-wise. The TF Car Robots
> Brave Maximus, which is about the same size, also
> went for around $400 when it came out and this was
> just a recolor from the Fort Max molds.

I bought Brave Max when it first came out. Got it from Big Bad Toy Store. It was under $200 and BBTS isn't exactly a discount wholesaler.

In any case, it's a moot comparison because Yamato never has and never will price their Macross toys the same way Takara prices their Transformers toys.

I'd love to have this SDF-1, but I'd also like to have a jetpack. Neither seems to be in my immediate future.
I might consider it if the SDF-1 doubled AS a jetpack, but alas modern toy technology simply isn't conforming to my desires as much as I'd like.
[gamu-toys.info]

Gamu-toys reviews the VF-1D.
Anonymous User
Looks nice! I like the "frightened girlie" pose of the Minmei figure.
Ok...Im in....and I have to get a 1S as well...what did it was the detached nose section under the 1S arm...

to quote OWK...."I have a bad feeling about this..."
VF5SS Wrote:
> More VF100 stuff.

Finally, some Macross II love. The anime was dreadful but I've always thought that the Valkyrie II was the best incarnation of an "improved" design.
If the make a giant Macross then a 1/60 Monster is far less complex, and I'd be much more likely to go for that than the Macross.

Reminds me of this thing.

[www.toyarchive.com]
That kid kind of looks like he's trying to prevent being crushed by that thing.
The VF100 Blazer Valkyrie can't come out soon enough.
I hope the 1/100 VF's aren't fiddley. Yeah, I'm glad to see the Macross II version as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
MSW
VF5SS Wrote:
> Here's the Macross Quarter. 30cm tall!

Is that some new Zentradi power armor to the left behind it? I haven't seen very much of Macross Frontier yet
That's Alto in his Ex-Gear skate-armor.... could mean Luca, Michel et al for future releases. Mmmm... Sheryl.
I like the idea of the EX-gear being made into a toy. I wonder what scale it is? Be neat if it could hang out with the Beagle ride-armors.
Attachments:
open | download - public_diary.00218.00000006.jpg (57.1 KB)
I thought the word on the street was that the EX-Gear is using the same body as the Saint Seiya line. I hope Alto comes with beautiful hair you can comb with the included brush.
Sanjeev (Admin)
drif, please don't say, "Mmmm... Sheryl" ever again.

Thank you.
*wonders whether the Michel version will include special blood-splattered head and body parts and Varja tentacle*

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow...way to ruin the show for those who may not have seen it...
Oh, no, no.. Michel was just fine after that. *cough*

(I'm with drifand. Sheryl is hot)
Roy dies.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Wow...way to ruin the show for those who may not
> have seen it...

The blood was the Varja's (mostly). Michel's most memorable scene etc. (besides being a poser bishie, that is).

Oh, did you know Alto is a girl? Lesbian love-triangle *nodnods*

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha..."Roy dies"...

Nah, I've already seen the show, but a spoiler warning might have been nice for others.

Anyway, as for the Sheryl hot thing... Monday night, I was with my squeeze, mcfitch, nekrodave, "my agent in Japan", JoshF, Uncle Warren, and tomf (my first time meeting the last two...truly an honor!). Anyway, we were catching Tom's standup at...of all places...a high school fundraiser!

Yes, we (at least, *I*) had no idea about the venue until we got there. Suffice it to say that we were surrounded by 15-year-old racks...and our own 30-somethings' ambivalence towards said.

So...I dunno...lusting after high school kids--animated or not--is great for a laugh to share among the fellas, but in realistic terms, it felt kinda sad! On every level! :P
Sanjeev, you realize you just forfeited any future chances of criticizing Vincent Z. with that post?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh, I've already given up on that. Vincent's persistence--yet absolute lack of heed to others' remarks--relegates him to quasi-troll status...albeit a benign one. I've come to terms with this; I'm okay to leave it as such.

IF the topic of moe does come up, however, I have no problem speaking my mind. I was just breaking drifand's balls! Either way, it sure ain't a black and white subject.

I like cool-looking planes that change into cool-looking robots.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Either way, it sure ain't a black
> and white subject.

And now you're bringing race into it!
See, Sanjeev is an equal oppourtunity hater, though: he hates black people AND white people.

So have we procured a Valkyrie, yet?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
I know Nekrodave has.

And I tend to echo his sentiments: "...they got it right the first time!"

And, yes, I hate you all. ;)
Oh, Good Lord, Sanjeev....that link burned my retinas! A little warning next time?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Hooray.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 04:21PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - vfpals.jpg (104.3 KB)
open | download - armord.jpg (106.8 KB)
I still can't get behind Yamato's interpretations of the design. Too scrawny.
The VF-1D is the only one of the v2 1/60s to pass a gross error check for visual 'accuracy' but I'm already digging the new Bandai's so much I simply have no space to display anything else from the old show. I think it's cooler to finally do up the 1/55 VF-1D conversion I'd planned for since '05... except there's still the slightest chance Bandai could finally come through with an actual 1/55 original.
Roger Wrote:
> I still can't get behind Yamato's interpretations
> of the design. Too scrawny.

But that's what it looks like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer