Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
Marasai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always the same VF-1s. I know its a stupid
> question, but why doesn't Yamato try releasing the
> mold in a different color scheme instead of just
> changing how dark certain parts are and the hands?
> Hands don't warrant another purchase of it. A
> Green Arrows color scheme, or a Minmay Guard
> scheme, that would warrant another purchase.

I don't know if being the first company to actually release pretty much every variation from the TV show and movies is "the same VF-1s" but I can see how about 20 releases of the same toy can get tiring.

Actually because the 1/48 couldn't be converted into the two-seat variants they did do a few variations like the low-vis ones and the stealth variant. I'm not sure if they can just make stuff based on schemes Hasegawa came up with. Plus the no-paint versions may be there to alleviate the need to make random variants as the more hardcore can just their own.

> Now, Bandai, you make me a VF-1D that isn't an
> online or event limited release and you've got
> yourself a deal.

Hopefully it will be regular VF-1D is a normal release and the crazy people can go for a web exclusive Virgin Road style.
B00
I finished my first draft of the Vf-1S manual correction. I still have to make a mirrored assembly guide for the left arm/leg. It's in PDF format, anyone need one?

Yamato could still do the Alaska base colours, Dark Birds and maybe something else I'm forgetting? Purple Squadron? I think that was a DYRL team.. I think after the poor sales of the 1/48 Angel Birds though they are kind of hesitant with the non named character releases. I'm just happy to finally have TV 1As for Kakizaki and Max.

@B00
I could use a copy when you're done. No need to rush though because I've barely even handled my unassembled kit yet. Speaking of which, How common is it to see pieces already off the sprues in the baggies? I've built a few models over the years and I don't recall ever seeing so many loose bits before. I've got about one loose bit per baggie.
B00
bluemax151 Wrote:
> How common is it to see pieces already off the sprues in the
> baggies?

There were a lot of pieces like that with my kit too. Fortunately nothing was broken.

PM me you email and I'll send you the PDF.

[www.toysdaily.com]
i'd be more inclined to talk about that if Bandai would sell it regularly and not as a web exclusive

plus the missile pod looks like red corn on the cob.
Okay, so the Monster is gonna cost 16,000 yen for the regular one, and 20,000 yen for the Ranka-monstergirl-with-no-underpants-version.
Sanjeev (Admin)
thomas Wrote:
> Okay, so the Monster is gonna cost 16,000 yen for
> the regular one, and 20,000 yen for the
> Ranka-monstergirl-with-no-underpants-version.

Do what now?

Is that some moe code for some pedo shit?
Actually both will come with various no-underpants stickers. The SP version come with extra stuffs from the movie like a diorama.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> thomas Wrote:
> > Ranka-monstergirl-with-no-underpants
>
> Is that some moe code for some pedo shit?

The toy comes with a sticker of this picture that was on the mech in the show, or something like that. I had to ask VF, because I couldn't even tell what was going on in the sticker in the tiny-ass pics of the toy that are currently available

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
actually if you click on the pictures at happinet you'll see the nose art is completely different

must be from the movie
Yeah, that's because I was going by what someone said on MW (and that someone was apparently wrong).

Correct information:

the regular version comes without the stickers applied * (early TV version). HOWEVER, it includes stickers for both Ranka Nose Art (late TV version) AND Sheryl Nose Art (Movie version). So you can chose which one to apply or not at all.

SP version is limited to First Issue only (and comes with the following "gifts")
- comes with Sheryl Nose Art applied
- "Island 1" canopy style display base (seems like the Monster landed and fired a shot on the canopy of Island 1 in the movie... )
- Sheryl images (decals?) for decoration
- special goods set "Mission Code: Galaxy Fairy", movie version... Sheryl's Black Credit Card (with Serial Numbering) and SMS Operations Instruction manual
- Sheryl image packaging with clear sleeves... :S
B00
Reminds me of the old Hi-comical joke machines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2010 01:57AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - SDvf-25.jpg (486.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know, I'd actually buy that...probably...
I like it, but I wonder if it is an actual perfect transformation toy or if there's parts swapping.
B00
I put my guide up on my site for anyone who wants it: VF-1S corrections guide

B00 Wrote:
> I put my guide up on my site for anyone who wants
> it: VF-1S corrections guide

Thanks! It looks like it'll be a real help, and really makes me even more eager to pick one of these up. Actually assembling one of these buggers should be a real education for a collector. (I wish Toynami would do that with their MPC Alpha.)
B00
I do hope un-built toy kits become a trend, especially with Yamato. They make great toys but the sketchy QC has always been a problem. Now with this kit you can take your time and make sure everything is built right.

Most folks who collect this stuff have agility enough to assemble the bloody things and transform them - already a high skillset. You'd think that prepainted, highly detailed, unassembled kit toys like this would be quite popular. The most time consuming aspect of model building is the painting.
Cut that out, and you have an afternoon activity that even high powered execs could do.
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's almost what MG Gundam kits are...you don't really need any glue or paint...
Why Zoids? And it's ALWAYS some liger they start out with.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
That IS a little weird. I thought Kotobukiya was doing non-motorized Zoids stuff. Unless this is explicitly a toy, not a model...
yeah the Liger is a toy

Shield Liger is the RX-78 of Zoids

character mecha are important
Sanjeev Wrote:
> That's almost what MG Gundam kits are...you don't
> really need any glue or paint...

Same for the Perfect Grade kits, although I did have to use some black paint on the red eye thingy on my Strike Gundam. I hope the Japanese toy industry moves towards more of these things.

That Shield Liger... is is to scale with the King of Flexible Mobile series? They rock. Thanks to Warrhead, I'm lovin' up a purple dinosaur again.

And... what is that Regult in the background?! I tawt i taw a baddlepod!

An H.D.P Kit for 39900 yen?! Gaaaaack! A Zentraedi costume for Max? Aaaaagh! I 1/60 Zentraedi soldier?! Gaaaaaaah!
I wonder how imminent these are. And VF5SS? You are a candle in the dark that is Macrossworld. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 05:02PM by RainBot.
RainBot Wrote:
> I wonder how imminent these are. And VF5SS? You
> are a candle in the dark that is Macrossworld. :)

can i be like a rainbow in the dark
I'm actually more excited by the Revoltech Van's Shield/Blade Liger then the Yamato but I couldn't justify getting either since I never do anything with my Tomy stuff anymore anyway. It just sits in a box somewhere.

I am biting at the bit to see photos of an actual sample Fire Valk though..
Something about the Yamato Shield Liger's proportions look off. It's a cross between a tiger and a lion, and a male one too, it's supposed to be bulky, not friggin' sleek.
B00
It took me long enough, but I finally got around to blogging about the VF-1S kit.

Hilarious!
B00 Wrote:
> It took me long enough, but I finally got around
> to blogging about the VF-1S kit.

Heroic effort! GJ
B00
drifand Wrote:
> B00 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It took me long enough, but I finally got
> around
> > to blogging about the VF-1S kit.
>
>
> Heroic effort! GJ

Thanks, I've been toying with the idea of getting another and making a Jet-Storm deco.

blue is exclusive
Sanjeev (Admin)
Is it wrong for me to totally love this?
[www.1999.co.jp]
Yes, sick and wrong, but you can go ahead and sign me up for the "sick and wrong" camp, too.
If loving the egg plane is wrong (like loving cheap scotch) then I don't want to be right...reminds me of all of those little gumball machine macross toys that I put together and painted all those years ago...
Sanjeev (Admin)
It just kinda sucks (to me, anyway) that cheapie SD stuff like this (and most of the BB/SD Gundam stuff) are released as unpainted kits. Not that toy companies' job is to make what *I* want, but it'd be nice if these were available in pre-painted/stickered tough plastic like the SD Gundam Force toys. But whether or not they'd sell, of course, is the big question!
This is cool.

[www.toysdaily.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2010 12:13PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - item.jpg (300.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer