Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
Wow, small tail fins.

There's something with the proportions that makes it look weird...I think the front half of the fuselage is too big - it's too tall around the cockpit, to be specific. The small tail fins don't help (I wonder why they didn't just give it full size tail fins and make them collapsible into the backpack...)

Looking at the lineart on MAHQ makes me think I'm right. The cockpit area is too bulbuous on the 1/60 ver. 2.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Uhm. The cockpit is supposed to be extra bulbous. Its to support the two seater arrangement with the raised backseat. And the tailfin thing came out of the Hasegawa kits. The fullsized fins won't fit as snugly when folded like that. I like the extra supports on the back to keep the fins locked in. You can't even see them in fighter mode.
Anonymous User
I believe Bandai even re-designed the cockpit and nosecone of the 1/55 Valkyrie to look a bit more blunted and bulbous when they released their VT-1.

Its like a Real Type Egg-fighter!

this time its not blurry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 10:40PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - dyrltoy.jpg (87.1 KB)
Anonymous User
I wonder how tall this is. I hope it's at least as tall or taller than the good 'ol DX Takatoku version.

But it's looking more promising that the Macross Quarter. It's really not Bandai, it's just the design I'm not into.
[www.amiami.com]

[www.amiami.com]

AH HA HA!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Thank you for being a shithead again after we told you to stop.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Amuro-Ray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how tall this is. I hope it's at least as
> tall or taller than the good 'ol DX Takatoku
> version.

Bigger, in fact...and by quite a bit! The Takatoku was 1/3000, right? Well the Yamato is supposed to be 1/2000!

Unfortunately, it's still just the movie version...can't fix that! ;)

Seriously, though, they'd be assinine not to release a tv version later...and hopefully, with any bugs worked out of the design.
I'm sure Yamato will release a tv version IF this sells in enough quantities and they think there's a market for it, the only problem I see is that it would have to be a completely different mold since I'm pretty sure the tv and DYRL versions a quite a bit different and if they could justify creating yet another $500+ toy.
I'm all for some decal'd up valk but those are just overkill. Too much going on.
chen Wrote:
> I'm sure Yamato will release a tv version IF this
> sells in enough quantities and they think there's
> a market for it, the only problem I see is that it
> would have to be a completely different mold since
> I'm pretty sure the tv and DYRL versions a quite a
> bit different and if they could justify creating
> yet another $500+ toy.

True enough.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
AH HA HA!

Well that was just darned rude.
Please stop posting links to this moe stuff here.
Please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 08:00PM by RainBot.
Am I alone in just wanting toys of the various space ships from Macross? A couple of ARMD carriers, the Prometheus and the Daedalus, maybe an Oberth, a Northampton, and an Uraga just to name a few and die-cast, of course.
Anonymous User
You're not alone... [courtesy of Macrossworld]

[astro-mo1.way-nifty.com]

Anonymous User
Clearly awesome, also some nuts

[www.toysdaily.com]
Man, I'm tempted on them Nuts. It would look great next to the black one. And at the very least now all those customizing nutjobs can easily make the VFX Ravens custom.

On another note I've gotten into the worst habit when posing my VF-22. I smack the shelf to make sure it won't fall over and more often than not its the MP Skywarp or DX Armored Ozma that topples over. Weird.
The "Fold Clear" version is obnoxious...I love it!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I kind of like how this photo came out. I'm gonna try it again with a little more light in the face, but the I think the VF-22 looks great in a neutral pose. You can almost see the detail behind the visor. It has two small eyes kind of like a Gundam GM kit.

Sanjeev (Admin)
[www.collectiondx.com]
4k? Go fuck yourself, Bandai.
Anonymous User
Anavel Wrote:
> Clearly awesome, also some nuts
>
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html

That'd go well with my Crystal Robotman and about half of my Micronauts/Microman collection....
[www.toysdaily.com]

Operation Stargazer is go! Oh man. Ooooooh man

Also Graham from that place has confirmed a VF-11C repaint of the VF-11B. I am so getting that.

BOMBAH!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 09:15AM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - mmvf22.jpg (55.9 KB)
[gamu-toys.info]

Alto VF-25 FAP.

right now I am in two seat bliss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 03:51PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - vf1dvt1.JPG (34.2 KB)
B00
Oh sweet Vt-1, I must make you mine.

On the bounce, Alto hime~
Oh man, the chair mode is so awesome. The only thing that would have made this toy even better would be an optional head for that Gilliam guy who got squished in the first episode.
Anonymous User
Seems the 1/60 DX Armored Alto's finally out:

[gamu-toys.info]

[gamu-toys.info]

I checked out the prices at Ebay - I could get a nekkid VF-25 with that price! I wonder if a giftset version (like the movie fast pack giftset) will eventually be released. I would like to get it - I don't have a single Alto unit in my collection yet. But oh man.. the price!
VF5SS Wrote:
> Man, I'm tempted on them Nuts.

Me too. However, when I realize how much I hate the floppy YF-19. I mean, it's not TERRIBLE... but compare it to the VF 1, and that's where my money is going. I haven't been this completist since the original 1/60s. I even picked up a weathered 1S Max.
You're SURE the Gamlin is solid? I might just have to pick one up. I have the YF-21, but since a bizarre shelf incident snapped an important hinge, I haven't transformed it yet.
I thought all the important hinges are metal or pom. I dunno, Josh was saying my toy felt better than his YF-21 in our video review. I haven't handled a YF-21 personally.

I've taken my YF-19 apart a few times and its still solid enough to do that crazy flying stance. Although now that I think about it, I'm guessing with another VF-11 on the way Yamato might make the VFX2 variant. And you can't have the VFX2 VF-11 without the VF-19A which is the one I'd really go for.
I'm looking forward to the Alto set, which has just arrived in Singapore. But I can't help but wonder: where is the accompanying Sheryl figure that he's supposed to have rescued at the concert? Will it be another Tamashii exclusive? Hmm.
Mmm, got my Ex-Gear set yesterday. I had a blast posing the figure in both basic and armored modes in my Frontier shelf. The head sculpt has a good likeness and the inclusion of the 'fly a plane with my hand' parts adds a lot of character. I can smell the milking machine coming on... Alto Civilian Ex-Gear version anybody?
drifand Wrote:
> I can
> smell the milking machine coming on... Alto
> Civilian Ex-Gear version anybody?

what about the other three characters that have the exact same armor in different colors?

I think that comes first.
Definitely... Luca et al will be next. I do wonder if Bandai will do the right thing and size the bodies correctly. Luca is a boy; Ozma is a MAN.
I hope they do an RVF-25 Robot Damashii.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 11:51PM by Vincent Z..
drifand Wrote:
> I do wonder
> if Bandai will do the right thing and size the
> bodies correctly. Luca is a boy; Ozma is a MAN.

and Alto is a lovely young lady, right?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
There's a special Bobby Margot SHFarts figure just for you, Paul. ;-)
Sigh.

Received my armoured Ozma yesterday, and while assembling the armour today I discovered two of the armour parts were the same instead of each other's opposites. :(

So now I've emailed HLJ asking whether they can send a replacement part. I really don't feel like sending the entire thing back, because then I'll likely have to pay 50 Euro import taxes all over again when they send the replacement.

The worst of my issue was that the box clearly had been opened and resealed, and I just also realized the extended neck part was missing too. So that's gonna be another mail...Frankly, there's a bit too many QC problems with this line (for Bandai).

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
HLJ has been more than helpful for me when things screwed up. They will ask you to identify the specific piece/part number. Obviously this is easier to do with a model kit (where they will send you the entire tree it is on), but sending them a photo/description will help.
I sent them a picture of the duplicate parts, so I hope things work out.

What annoys me most about the problem is that the box was obviously opened for a quality check and then resealed - there's two layers of tape everywhere. Whoever did that check needs to be fired by Bandai.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Two sides of the QC coin:
- When Yamato fucks up, it's because they're a small and can't afford the best.
- When Bandai fucks up, it's because they're too big and crap slips past the net.

Ya can't win all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer