Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
I guess we are getting that "virgin road" VF-1D after all....
The VF-11 has been released.
Attachments:
open | download - vf11vf1vf19.jpg (208.9 KB)
open | download - vf11.jpg (203.4 KB)
thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps you can make it yourself. I read on MW
> that it might actually be a model kit you have to
> build yourself.

"1/60 fan racer model kits, 2009 May shipment schedule, 3,000 Yen in manufacturer desired retail price
The 1:60 scale it is arranged and the mark beginning? It is the part gluing type plastic kit.
This time because by the special production line, becomes quantity 1000 only small-numbered production items. Because quickly the attachment part for the mark display stand belongs to the kit, is simply also display possible. By all means trying arranging your VF?1, how, probably will be?

Production several thousand only special items!

* And with mark fan club member limitation in preceding reservation acceptance!

* At Shizuoka hobby Shaw meeting place sale decision!

* Material/substance: PS and canopy: Clearing ABS
* Commodity size /1: 60 scales, total length approximately 12cm
* Accessory/and attachment for mark display stand
* This commodity not yet of the paint is the plastic model kit not yet assembly.
?Other way please buy various tool adhesive paints and the like which are necessary for production."
VF5SS Wrote:
> The VF-11 has been released.

And already the first QC/design problem has reared its ugly head on MW: Lower heatshield halves that do not lock and fall down.

On top of that the few people who gave reviews each complained about separate problems like hands that do not hold a gunpod and feet issues...

*wonders whether there will be a repeat of the breaking hips that plagued the first 1/72 VF-11B release*
Oh just buy the fucking toy already.
To translate the panic:

As of Wednesday afternoon, ONLY TWO people have commented on the toy that have it.

TWO of them have loose heat shields.

ONE person said the hands were a bit loose. The other said the hands on his were fine.

ONE person said he had a foot problem that made standing a little tricky. The other said the feet on his were fine.

Regardless of those insignificant numbers, MW is in full panic mode. Apparently logic and perspective are no longer instinctive elements of the human psyche.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 04:06PM by eriku.
VF5SS Wrote:
> Oh just buy the fucking toy already.

Why? I have the 1/72 FastPack version, which IMHO looks more detailed than that thing.
Because I said so :p
B00
That Vf-11 dose look tempting. How dose the heat shield work?

open | download - vf11shield.jpg (147.6 KB)
B00
Nice, so the heat shield stays on during transformation then?

Well, if it works.
I hear Macrossworld has joined up with Google Maps(tm) to track the progress of the VF-11B's QC problems.
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> Yep. No more double sided tape.

I don't use tape on my 'old' version. I just left a couple of little tabs on it when I cut the heat shield out, and fold them under the canopy. Holds it tight, no problem.

Of course, it spends almost all of its time in Battroid mode. (It should, after all that time I spent repairing the hip pegs!)

I was one of Yamato's earliest customers! I even preordered my VF-11B.
AcroRay Wrote:
> VF5SS Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I was one of Yamato's earliest customers! I even
> preordered my VF-11B.

You're not truly old school unless you pre-ordered the Macross Plus Valkyries when they were being released by Toycom only to have the pre-order cancelled due to royalty issues. Word.
I remember seeing ads for the YF-19 in some old comic books as a kid that were most likely Toycom ads.

I for one am really impressed by the new VF-11, and really want one depending on the price I can find it for... the Heat Shield is definitely tweakable, and there is, as usual, no reason for the fucking crying on MW that has started only 48 hours since the poor bastard toy's release.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
So, on MW the shield problem has been fixed. Apparently there's two foam pieces inside the cockpit (below the pod) that look like packing material but actually serve to keep the pod in place; pressed against the heat shield so it locks. Both people who complained had taken the foam out...

I wonder if that solution will hold up in time. Foam tends to loose its springyness after a while and either harden out or start chunking. It also means that if you remove the cockpit pod you have 1/1 scale foam as detail in a 1/60 scale nosecone :/
LOL. Ah well, this is small potatoes for a Yamato 'issue'. The '90-degrees only' elbows however seem to be perfect candidates for a 'V2 upgrade'.
Seriously? Gah.

Just to step outside of the issue for a moment, I first thought that this thread was almost a parody of Macrossworld until I realized that we aren't just talking about Valkyries love here, nor are we vacantly praising or appeasing a single toy company... It comes down to simple toy design, and aesthetics, and how the big producers of modern toys are playing around with priorities in their products.
I think the 2000's will be marked as an era of "form over function"...
drifand Wrote:
> LOL. Ah well, this is small potatoes for a Yamato
> 'issue'. The '90-degrees only' elbows however seem
> to be perfect candidates for a 'V2 upgrade'.

So what's Bandai's excuse?
VF5SS Wrote:
> drifand Wrote:
> -----
> > LOL. Ah well, this is small potatoes for a
> Yamato
> > 'issue'. The '90-degrees only' elbows however
> seem
> > to be perfect candidates for a 'V2 upgrade'.
>
>
> So what's Bandai's excuse?

Why is it that anytime someone who isn't a total Yamatophile complains about a feature on a Yamato Valk, Yamato-fans bring up Bandai as an excuse?
Why is it that anytime someone who isn't a total Bandaiphile complains about a feature on a Bandai Valk, Bandai-fans bring up Yamato as an excuse?
Anonymous User
thomas Wrote:
> So, on MW the shield problem has been fixed.
> Apparently there's two foam pieces inside the
> cockpit (below the pod) that look like packing
> material but actually serve to keep the pod in
> place;

Graham says it has nothing to do with the foam - just pulling the halves up 'till they click, which seems to be difficult for chubby western fingers.

So, then the problem is what we call "operator error" here at my studio...
Here's some pictures of the black YF-19. Sort of like a companion to my CDX review.
Attachments:
open | download - yf19pose1.jpg (66.1 KB)
open | download - yf19pose2.jpg (49.8 KB)
Both Bandai and Yamato seems to be pushing for cutting edge accuracy and technology, and both fall short in several areas.
But we whine, we complain, and then promptly buy more. We deserve our fate.

That black Yf19 is quite neat looking. I'll check out your review.
You vile temptress.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Andrew, you crack me up.

Ben, you make me feel old (and I used to be one of the "young" guys around here!).

Scopedog Wrote:
> You're not truly old school unless you pre-ordered
> the Macross Plus Valkyries when they were being
> released by Toycom only to have the pre-order
> cancelled due to royalty issues. Word.

Ah...but to be truly old school and...coincidental?...you had to've pre-ordered the Macross Plus Valks from CyberToyz back when JoshB was running that shit.

I did, and that's how I first interacted with that salty bastard years before I discovered this place (or CDX)!
VF5SS Wrote:
> drifand Wrote:
> -----
> > LOL. Ah well, this is small potatoes for a
> Yamato
> > 'issue'. The '90-degrees only' elbows however
> seem
> > to be perfect candidates for a 'V2 upgrade'.
>
>
> So what's Bandai's excuse?

What excuse? The VF-25's elbows curls just fine. YOU try coming up a good excuse for Yamato to engineer them so retardedly on the 11B, Mr. 'Petite 1/15 scale figure rationalist'.
What the fuck are you talking about? The VF-25 elbows only move 90 degrees dumbass.
Anonymous User
Now you can enjoy the latest news on Yamato Valkyrie products at

YAMATO TOY TV!!!!!!

[www.yamato-toys.com]
VF5SS Wrote:
> What the fuck are you talking about? The VF-25
> elbows only move 90 degrees dumbass.

You obviously haven't been playing with the toy much, so I'll leave you to discover the feature on your own good time, if your trigonomically challenged faculties would allow that.
I'm tired of VF5SS and Drifand arguing with each other. It makes me jealous.

I DEMAND THAT SOMEONE START ARGUING WITH ME IMMEDIATELY!
Fuck you, Gcrush. I'd never bother to argue with you because you don't even know trigonometry. Also, you're totally wrong about that thing you're always so wrong about.
Goddamn it, now that's the stuff!

No, Runaphen - fuck you! You will argue with me because I do know tigeronomy! And I'm always right about the stuff that I'm never wrong about! Raaaargh! Ha! Take that!
Ha! I laugh a lot and really loudly at your impotent nerd rage. You act like you think you know about stuff but you really don't, and deep down in your nerd heart, you know it to be true.
Runaphen Wrote:
> Ha! I laugh a lot and really loudly at your
> impotent nerd rage. You act like you think you
> know about stuff but you really don't, and deep
> down in your nerd heart, you know it to be true.

My throbbing erection suggests otherwise, my "friend"! Notice, in fact, how I use the term "friend" sarcastically and condescendingly placed it within quotation marks so as to suggest your are too unintelligent to otherwise discern my intention! Notice, too, that "sarcastically" is what ill-informed young hipsters such as yourself confusedly refer to as "ironic". How ironic, indeed, that your generation of losers has "confused" the meaning of the word ironic! Ha!

Also, I don't have a heart! Double ha!
Now kids behave or Alen will have to turn this discussion board around and take us all home....Oh and where is Sjoen...he needs to pop in and call everyone, "bitches!" (note use of quotation marks to indicate a quotation...)

Oh and who would have ever thought a discussion about Valkyries would have degraded into endless name calling, impotent rage, obscenities, and erections...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 02:28PM by fel9.
Drifand wins on the elbow issue.

However he has not addressed the crotch problem.
[www.yamato-toys.com]

FAKE ENTHUSIASM!
VF5SS Wrote:
> Drifand wins on the elbow issue.
>
> However he has not addressed the crotch problem.

I didn't know Drifand had a crotch problem.
Anonymous User
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Andrew, you crack me up.
>
> Ben, you make me feel old (and I used to be one of
> the "young" guys around here!).
>
>
> Scopedog Wrote:
> -----
> > You're not truly old school unless you
> pre-ordered
> > the Macross Plus Valkyries when they were being
> > released by Toycom only to have the pre-order
> > cancelled due to royalty issues. Word.
>
> Ah...but to be truly old school
> and...coincidental?...you had to've pre-ordered
> the Macross Plus Valks from CyberToyz back when
> JoshB was running that shit.
>
> I did, and that's how I first interacted with that
> salty bastard years before I discovered this place
> (or CDX)!

I forget exactly where I got mine. I do remember calling on the phone, in addition to an e-mail, and an advert in a magazine. My 11B was delayed as well, which I think is why I called... Damn, that was a long time ago...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer