Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 

Appears to stand up fine. Check out the new neck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 08:21AM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - ozmaarmor.jpg (73.5 KB)
Oh jocularity! It wears riding pantaloons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 09:19AM by Runaphen.
B00
Hey! It has a neck!

OMFG. This is a MUST buy. It's looking great. However, the fighter mode looks a bit uhm.. crowded. I must say it looks more sexy with the Super packs. However, the full armor robot mode looks like a killer. June couldn't come sooner!!!

It seems there will be slight variations with the armor in Alto's version - I hope they'll release prototype shots if his soon as well.

It looks like I'll be shelling out a bomb on Macross toys this year.
At least these 'bombs' will last ;-)
Anonymous User
But not if I have to liquidate if I lose my job! (touch wood!)! :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 09:28AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 009.jpg (348.1 KB)
open | download - tamashii_21.jpg (112.1 KB)
more pics of VF-25S armored and DX Quarter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 12:50PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - vf25sarmor.jpg (221.2 KB)
open | download - dxquarterclose.jpg (213.8 KB)
The Quarter's shoulder joints look kinda wonky. Maybe they are supposed to slide in some for one mode or the other? Otherwise, the thing looks great. Here's hoping it manages to be both solid and fun.
Sanjeev (Admin)
It's doo-doo.

Unless/Until they show me a pic of it with the main gun and carrier held out horizontal to the ground (bent elbows), it gets no love.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm sure most of you have already seen this...unless you have sense like me and avoid Macrossworld like the plague.

More pics of the 2' Yamato SDF-1:

(big up to Atom for sending me this)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 03:35PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - fk026.jpg (265.9 KB)
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's doo-doo.
>
> Unless/Until they show me a pic of it with the
> main gun and carrier held out horizontal to the
> ground (bent elbows), it gets no love.

You do realize the Quarter fires it main gun using both hands (after holstering the flight deck).
Sanjeev (Admin)
You do realize you're making us both look like total nerds by phrasing retorts with "you do realize..."?

:P

Okay, well if it can pull off that pose (two-handed grip on the gun, flight deck on the back) without toppling over or having the shoulders/elbows go limp, then ya got me.
You do realize that when we're both posting on a bbs about Japanese toy it is too late for that.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Trumped.
The Yamato SDF-1 both scares me and mystifies me... it's going to be enormous, and yet most of the forum buzz I see in the various places I haunt (MW included) is that noone has any money to buy most of the toys they want right now anyway.

That said, the detail is looking excellent, and the mini valks are surprising good looking... I just wish there were mini Destroids as well to inhabit the various positions all over the ship. I'm a sucker for 'playset' figures (G1 Transformer City-formers all the way!)

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
[www.toy-world.com.hk]

You can just continue clicking through the pages up to page 36 or so

DX VF-25S = *DROOL*

Quarter has hands with individually jointed fingers (so it will be able to give my only 1/60 Yamato Valk the finger after dismembering it...)

Alto EX looks good, although I hope he'll include a non-helmeted head.

Stuffed Ranka is cute, although the one I really love is the giant Ranka phone (100 cm) - except for the price: 12600 yen >_< Oh well, there's also smaller ones...

Yamato SDF-1 looks good (65 cm!), but I worry about the price and QC issues.

1/60 VF-11B = bleh...looks incredibly plain and non-detailed.

What does the article on the Takatoku and Bandai Valkyries say?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Anonymous User
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> The Yamato SDF-1 both scares me and mystifies
> me... it's going to be enormous, and yet most of
> the forum buzz I see in the various places I haunt
> (MW included) is that noone has any money to buy
> most of the toys they want right now anyway.
>

Too true. It's like that carbon fiber Mazinger. Crazy.

I'm happy with my big ol' Takatoku. Massive, chunky & clickety.
Anonymous User
GAWD - This is truly a great year for Macross Lovers...! I was anticipating the arrival of the armored VF-25 so much I totally forgot about the SDF1!!!

Btw - I just watched clips of Macross Frontier on Youtube. First time. Man - there's a Koenig Monster in the show..?! Does that mean we may also see a Bandai version some time down the road..? YUMMY... While I liked the Yamato version, I thought the legs were too flimsy in the robot mode. One of the reasons why I eventually sold it.

That said.. With the Armored valks, Macross Quarter and SDF-1 coming out this year, I don't think I'll need to buy anything else. Aside from the SOC Dygenguar & ROTF Leader Class Prime/Jetfire of course. Heh.. heh...
And with all of this fantastic stuff coming out for Macross, I still haven't had my buttons pushed....

SDF-1: Until it is the TV version I got no love for it...

DX VF-25S- I really want to like it, but the armor is just throwing me off at the moment...hmmmmmm

Macross: Quarter strikes me as a weird mix of old the old Macross, White Base, and the DX Aquarion...Three great tastes (well, two at least) that don't necessarily taste great together...

I am still tempted by the 1/60th VF-1D but the Yamato thing makes me a little gunshy...
Yamato should probably have the HEUG SDF-1 made-to-order to avoid over production issues. Good luck to any buyer if/when they need replacement parts for whatever reason. I can safely say this beast is already LOW VISIBILITY on my personal toy radar.
[www.yamato-toys.com]

VT-1.

The head retracts.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fel9, I with ya about the Yamato SDF-1, but I wouldn't be gunshy about the new Yamato 1/60 Valks. I handled one (Andrew's or Atom's, I believe) at last summer's East Coast Summit.

I was floored by how nice it was. Completely blew away my expectations. And keep in mind my less-than-humble opinion about toys: playability FIRST...all that other adult collector bullshit second.

I was mad close to pulling the trigger on the -1D, but now that Andrew's posted news confirming the VT-1 with the armor (thanks, dude, I'm psyched!), I think I'm actually gonna hold out until we get a VE-1.

Are these better than the original 1/55 toys? FUCK no. But I ain't spending a grand on a vintage VE-1 or VT-1. And no VF-1D anyway. Best case scenario: Bandai reissues. Next-best-scenario: new Yamato 1/60 Valks.
I will admit to having caved on the Destroids...I was very surprised by the quality there, but there is a big difference between a transformable and non-transformable bot...
Hasn't a 1/60 VE-1 been released already? Or am I getting scales and releases mixed up?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 05:01PM by Kwesi K..
You're right that they already released a VE-1 in 1/6, but that was the version 1 1/60 mold, which is vastly inferior to the v2 1/60m design. Now they get to release everything again at a breakneck speed to get the VF-1 loving suckers' money.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
So the V2's are all the releases after the VF-0?
There's just too many Valk toys this year, don't think I have the cash to get them :(

However, the new SDF-1 looks interesting (I already had the Matchbox DX version and the Takatoku 1/6300 scale diecast version), so guess I'll need to start saving for it right about now.

Recently bought the Ultimate Wall-E robotic toy (my very first robotic toy) and I must say it's quite fun to play :) though they could have added more programmable features to it given the price.
Here's Bandai's Frontier lineup.

I'm sure that jerk Sanjeev will complain that the Quarter isn't the size of MP Optimus.
Attachments:
open | download - bandaimf.jpg (172.9 KB)
I haven't seen Macross Frontier (other than the preview first episode), but I think I'm going to have to get the Luca custom. That green color is so pretty.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
VF5SS Wrote:
> Here's Bandai's Frontier lineup.
>
> I'm sure that jerk Sanjeev will complain that the
> Quarter isn't the size of MP Optimus.

Hehe...that's King of the Jerks, to you, pal!

Nah, I actually dig it. I liked the cartoon and I like the Quarter design, but I'm still on the fence about buying this. If the joints prove to be super-solid and the balance of the figure is fine, then I may go for it. If not, I may just wait out Yamato for a tv version of the SDF-1...

We'll see.

(oh, and by the way, yes: FUCK Takara's MP Grimlock.)
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> I haven't seen Macross Frontier (other than the
> preview first episode), but I think I'm going to
> have to get the Luca custom. That green color is
> so pretty.

There's a buttload of complaints about the paint job and the armour fit on MW, but I can't determine whether they're genuine or just trolls from anal-retentive Yamatophiles.
The few people that don't seem biased didn't seem to have many problems. I'll just wait for Drifand's review...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Yeah, saw that. That place gives me a headache! That's why I only occasionally lurk there but would never become a member of MW.

The color problem didn't seem that bad as it might be a lighting issue due to how one's digital camera takes a picture.

I'm getting rid of two of my Yamato Valkyries. I COULD get one of the new 1/60 VF-1 but the more I think about it rather just get a Bandai DX Mac F VF.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
To be sure, if my purchase for the RVF really shows up *blatantly* obvious green color mismatching, I'd be upset. But looking at the first 3, I can safely say that any discrepancies in Ozma's grays or Michel's blue colors is minute at best and will not detract from the enjoyment of the toy unless you're a model-kit level detail Nazi. In which case, there are model kits for those so inclined.

Luca should be landing in Singapore inside a week's time. We'll see then.
[gamu-toys.info]

Minty fresh
Sanjeev (Admin)
Interesting. I thought the legs couldn't splay in Gerwalk mode. At least, that's what CDX had to say.
You have to unlock the legs from the chest in order to do so. The figure is just going to flop around if you pick it up like that.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, just like JoshB said...

Gotcha.
thomas Wrote:
>
> What does the article on the Takatoku and Bandai
> Valkyries say?

While I could not read even 1% of it to get any kind of comprehensive description of the article. Many years of scanning over Japanese magazines leads me to believe it's an article on the history of Macross toys, with some insets on possibly some inside designers or company folks' musings. I'm interested in who they are and if they are former TT people or not.

I'm guessing most of it is stuff anyone at all familiar with the old stuff already knows, but these magazines cater to different audiences and there are plenty of new fans coming from Frontier that may not know a damn thing about Macross beyond that it was what their dad watched. Jesus I'm old.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer