Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
VenomMacbeth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, now that the initial excitement is
> wearing off, the only one I'll probably get is the
> VF-1D...

Are these actually coming out, or were they just a sales pitch item?
I'm pretty sure they're coming out. I'm 100% certain about the Glaug, so I assume since they have the others displayed with it, they're set for release, too.

[EDIT] could somebody do a size comparison pic with the 1/72 Plus valks (minus the 11B) with a Takatoku chunky?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 12:35AM by VenomMacbeth.
B00
Has there been any news about future VF-Hi Metal releases. I really hope Bandai didn't abandon the line.

so yamato announced they're making the VF-17

it is awesome
A Yamato VF-17 cannot be anything other than incredible. Maybe enough to get me to buy another Macross toy :P

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sweet! Now, to get them to make a VF-11 MAXL and a Fire Bomber VF-17...

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh shit...itty-bitty Basara piloting the Fire Valk is dope!
VF hi-metal line came out with the 3 VF1As as a tamashii web exclusive. I am actually getting tired of valkyries. Just how many does one need?
Billions, if MW is to be believed.
you hafta make your own air force

[blog.hobbystock.jp]

sound booster and Speaker Pod Gamma announced (yeah i know the sign says Sigma but that's a typo)
[www.youtube.com]

man

just look at how fucking shiny that thing is
Sanjeev (Admin)
I came.

That thing looks rock-fucking-solid...and the glossy sheen looked sorta out of place at first, but I really kinda dig it!
B00
All it needs to do now is play Planet Dance when you push a button.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

Looks like they knocked this one outta the park. Kudos Yammy.

> ...and the glossy sheen looked sorta out of place at first...
> ...glossy sheen looked sorta out of place...
> ...glossy sheen...out of place...

What the hell is wrong with you, Sanjeev?
Damn, now I want missile pods in the legs of the YF-19!

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
So it's out???

:D

Runaphen Wrote:
> What the hell is wrong with you, Sanjeev?

It's a damn good question.

But in this particular context...well...I'm a huge fan of the cartoon, so the matte look of the thing on my screen is what I was expecting.

Believe me, I'm not complaining! ;)

So is the "hang test" when they show photos of people holding the toy some pointy bit? What exactly is that supposed to prove? I presume the solidity of the joints. And I'm guessing previous Valk toys have failed this test?

Anyway, I fucking LOVE this picture:

Maybe they made it glossy so it looks...*gasp*...more like the Bandai toy? ;)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, as long as the gloss is consistent across the red and the yellow (and also the detail stickers like the thunderbolts on either side of the cockpit), who cares? That's some sweet shit.

And are people REALLY still bitching about Yamato versus Bandai. Christ...
Sanjeev Wrote:
And I'm guessing previous
> Valk toys have failed this test?

uh no

what's with these wild accusations
Sanjeev (Admin)
What accusations? I was asking a question.

Hence my deft usage of question marks.
He's talking about the Yamato YF-19 because some people were unhappy that the torso did not actually clip together, so if you inverted the toy, the torso would separate. Try and keep up.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hillsy told you this already: I don't actually read anything on this board...
[hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com]

himatoy reviews the fire valkyrie

i can't wait to get mine~

balance

[www.toysdaily.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 07:20AM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - 004tdx.jpg (72 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ew.

A) Rosy Pink Pony Powered Powder Puff Problem of a plane = Yikes!

B) Andrew's Fire Valk review is great. Very wallet tugging. Macross better hire that kid soon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> B) Andrew's Fire Valk review is great. Very wallet
> tugging. Macross better hire that kid soon.

It is, indeed. Thing of beauty...unlike that monstrosity above.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> It is, indeed. Thing of beauty...unlike that
> monstrosity above.

Just knowing that thing exists makes me a little depressed.
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> [toyboxdx.com]
>
> balance
>
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html

Nicely balanced portfolio and I like how the firevalk stacks up against the rest.I just got mine by the way, and I freaking love it. I find it funny how companies like Yamato are improving the quality of their toys and design while companies like bandai and takara are doing the exact opposite. The quality of the firevalk is reminiscent of something you'd get from bandai in the 80s. But with today's engineering. It's the best of both worlds. Yes, the toy is as sturdy as a brick. I am amazed companies still make toys like these (to be fair, guess this explains the premium they charge).

The quality on this Yamato toy is actually very much like their 1/24 Patlabor toys. Something to expect from all Yammie toys in future? Only time will tell. I did not pick up the SDF-1 so I'm not sure if it's anything like this.

OK, so enough about quality. At first I thought the engineering on this toy was probably no different from the hi-metal. Boy was I wrong - they copied almost nothing. Yamato found a way to make the Battroid mode (all 3 modes in fact) look perfect without adding too much complexity which usually compromises sturdiness. The result: PERFECTION. The hip for instance - was completely re-engineered for better proportionality, poseability & stability. Who says you can't achieve all 3 without compromising one of them? Even the head is worth mentioning. The top fin actually slides during transformation, and even the antenneas swivel outwards! Whoever designed this was obsessed with perfection - and I'm glad he/she was.

And oh, did I mention that the back part is completely diecast? So are the endoskeletons of the lower elbow, shoulder joints as well as the bars used for the hip joints. Certainly More gokin than Bandai's so-called 'gokin' Frontier valks.

Even if you don't like the Firevalk, you just have to experience it first-hand. I'm looking forward to the VF-17 which will come next and the inevitable VF-19 Blazervalkyrie. I also hope they'll re-design the YF-19 with this same level of quality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 11:37AM by Amuro-Ray.
[www.toysdaily.com]

bandai is making new versions of their vf-25 toys
Anonymous User
Yamatoed......
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--are they actually new versions? Or just reissues?

If they're "new and improved"...well...I guess we've come full circle, haven't we? :P
If they're new and improved, that means that whatever resale value the old ones had just went down the drain.:(
Guys, NEW, modern toys almost never have resale value worth a damn. This is nothing unique to Valkyries.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
If HLJ and Amazon.co.jp were anything to go by, the DX VF-25s were kind of plummeting in value anyways
[hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com]

the DX YF-29 is out

it's got action features like flip out cannons and missile launchers
I don't know some toys like certain SOC's go way up in price but that's pretty much because of the high initial cost or limited status. I'm glad Bandai is making new versions of the VF-25 since I only own the VF-25G with Tornado pack and always wanted a Armored Ozma type.
[www.toysdaily.com]

HEINEKEN? FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON!
B00
Damn that dx 29 looks amazing. still wish Bandai would make a 1/72 kit so it would fit in with the other frontier kits.

:D

For over $100.

:(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer