Posted by MikeD 
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.yamato-toys.com]
> ?infolnk=index_pickup
>
> Here's all the features of the upcoming 1/60 Fire
> Valkyrie.

Odd, I didn't see them promising broken shoulders right out of the box. They give up on that feature?
Nah, this is a 19. You get floppy joints and/or chipping paint free with every purchase. Still looking forward to the Blazer though..
Having never seen the source material, can someone tell me what that red Valk has lips?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Sex...right in my eyeballs. Thanks for posting that, A.

The painted cockpit looks awesome--I'm just hoping there's a tiny painted Basara with his control-stick-guitar to go in there!

Anyone know what's up with the vertical stabilizer pic? Or the two different-shaped shields, for that matter?
It has lips because the Fire Valkyrie is a customized VF-19 for a rock and roll singer. Every member of the band Fire Bomber flies around in a customized Valkyrie. They are ridiculous and awesome. Civilian robots have lips! It only makes sense!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Ginrai Wrote:
> It has lips because the Fire Valkyrie is a
> customized VF-19 for a rock and roll singer.

There's definitely a strange type of symmetry to that. I can feel it.

Initially it struck me as odd that a robot with speakers in its shoulders would need a mouth. Like, what's it gonna do with it? Bite people?
B00
Hmm is it me, or do the proportions look a little off?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 02:21PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Fire_Valk.jpg (376.9 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think the proportions are pretty appropriate, especially if you look at the straight-on CAD shot:

It reminds me of the early Bandai (1/100?) transforming plastic kit's proportions. Anyway, I think the pic above looks off because of the angle and crotch thrust.

'Crush, you should watch Macross 7. It kinda represents all that is (was?) fun and goofy about anime. You need to watch a cartoon that doesn't take itself too seriously! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 02:36PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - firevalk.jpg (60.5 KB)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> 'Crush, you should watch Macross 7. It kinda
> represents all that is (was?) fun and goofy about
> anime.

Wikipedia backs you up, man:

Civilian musician Basara Nekki has a modified red state of the art VF-19 "Fire" Valkyrie of his own, and goes out to engage the enemy of his own accord. His VF-19 has an unusual control scheme that mimics a guitar, and he doesn't attack the enemy with weapons, choosing instead to fire speaker pods into enemy mecha, and playing his songs to the enemy. In the first few encounters, Basara's music does little to drive the enemy away...

I must investigate this further.
B00
I really hope it is just a strange angle on that image. Arms so long, legs so short. It's kinda bugging the hell outa me. Still the fighter mode is glorious!

> I really hope it is just a strange angle on that
> image. Arms so long, legs so short. It's kinda
> bugging the hell outa me. Still the fighter mode
> is glorious!

Try this one, then.

Fat leeeegs
Sanjeev (Admin)
I see nothing wrong with the legs being too fat or too short. Now that ya mention it, though, the upper arms seem a bit longer than they appear in that CAD image. But then again, that could just be an optical illusion based on how the toys are posed in those images.

But who cares? As long as it looks good...
Shit, that looks really good. I'm glad I'm not a big enough fan of Mac7 to try and dive back in for this, but it's real close.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
B00
I got a hi-metal vf-19s, I'm set for macross 7 till a vf-17 comes out, or God willing a vf-117 or whatever it was from frontire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 08:55PM by B00.
Anonymous User
it looks pretty good to me

Somehow I always pictured this in a glossy or metallic paint scheme, as if some anime descendant of Matt Walker got a hold of it. I mean, if you're already going to paint your plane strawberry red with gold highlights, might as well sparkle it up with some funk.

Regardless, this is a no-brainer... provided it doesn't live up to the jaded, world-weary yet unfortunately plausible predictions of Gcrush.
You shouldn't be asking why this robot has lips: rather, you should be asking why previous Valkyries did not. Mind=blown.
[toyfair11.asmzine.com]
!!!

[prometheusrising.net]

bandai dx yf-29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 10:30AM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - dxyf29.jpg (59 KB)
[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

battroid mode for the yf-29 durandal
B00
Hope they make a 1/72 kit so it can fit in with my 25's and 27's.

And...the VF-25 is a SV-51 with different shaped wings???

MY MIND!!

Anyway, here's to Yamato's Fire Valk kicking much ass!
Sanjeev Wrote:

> And...the VF-25 is a SV-51 with different shaped
> wings???

asterphage already refuted this as not being true
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah, well the thread's 50 pages long! I seem to recall the consensus being that the SV-51 was roughly similar in transformation sequence to the VF-25 (maybe about as similar as the VF-11 is to the VF-1?). But I don't remember any VF-29 at all. Whazzat from?
the sv-51 and vf-25 are not that similar. i own both toys so i know.

the yf-29 is from the second macross frontier movie. it's not out yet but bandai is already gearing up for a toy
Sanjeev (Admin)
Have you seen the first movie? I generally shun compilation/follow-up/whatever movies after the conclusion of normal tv runs, but if these are worth it, I may give it a shot...
yeah i saw the first movie. it's ok. the concert scenes are expanded and alto gets new fast packs for his Valkyrie. if i had to criticize it then i'd have to say it has too many Segways
VF5SS Wrote:
> [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
> ?mid=69369
>
> battroid mode for the yf-29 durandal

What's that bluish cloud behind the battroid? Pin-point flatulence system?
Hint at Fast Packs that may be included.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I think those are the guns that fold down into the fuselage. They seem to extend and pivot out in battroid mode.

Busy, dangerous, and sweet. Might I have to find room to break my Macross dry spell? We'll see when it's released.

[prometheusrising.net]
Did Kawamori forget what franchise he was working on and accidentally insert an Armored Core design into Macross Frontier?

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 03:57PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - NineBall.jpg (106.4 KB)
Fortunately, it looks that way. YF-Twenty-Nineball uber alles!
Ugh, I feel like an idiot. I just bid on this:

[cgi.ebay.com]

before I realized it wasn't legit. Having said that, I've never seen a KO of the takatoku 1/100 valkyrie. Anybody know wtf that thing is?
It's a JOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS! (Joons)

[prometheusrising.net]
Anonymous User
VenomMacbeth Wrote:
> Ugh, I feel like an idiot. I just bid on this:
>
> [cgi.ebay.com]
> kyrie-/160553142533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=ite
> m2561b68905
>
> before I realized it wasn't legit. Having said
> that, I've never seen a KO of the takatoku 1/100
> valkyrie. Anybody know wtf that thing is?

It's a knockoff of the 1/100 Valkyrie toys. I think they're OK, actually. Diecast body parts, wheels. A little floppy, sometimes. $10 isn't bad.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Huh. I thought Joons only did the 1/55. Interesting...
And now I know where my one-armed super-floppy 1:100 bootleg Valk comes from...

But yeah, they still have all the diecast.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Those bootlegs have EXTRA diecast, actually, if it's the boot I am thinking of. Feet are metal whereas the actual Takatoku ones had plastic feet.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
hm, interesting...And do these suffer the no-gun-included-syndrome that the Takatoku 1/100s have?
Takatoku 1/100s had gun pods included, unless some did and some didn't. The ones I've seen & had did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer