Time to Procure a Valkyrie

Posted by MikeD 
thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet everyone would still have loved the toy to
> bits (literally), despite the obvious faults.

Forever and ever. I want to be forever, Yamato.
did someone order steak
Attachments:
open | download - kakizaki.jpg (153.6 KB)
Three Skulls, no waiting.
Attachments:
open | download - three skulls.jpg (59.1 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'll take the VF1, please. No need to wrap it; I'll wear it out. Thanks.
Is that 1/55 VF-1D ever gonna happen?

Just askin'.

Again.
If Yamato strengthens the shoulder hinges, I'd totally buy the hell out of the 1/60 Max TV. And maybe the Kakizaki (though I prefer the standard brown ver.). Otherwise, I'll live vicariously through the other Macross geeks.
Runaphen Wrote:
> Is that 1/55 VF-1D ever gonna happen?
>
> Just askin'.
>
> Again.

Dunno, either they really don't have a clue, or it's some sort of weird tactic to keep people buying Valks by keeping the one everyone wants unobtainable, But at least for me I've got enough of them, unless they release a 1/55 VF-1D that is. Not just for the unobtainability and completes (I have far from a complete 1/55 collection), but because it just happens to be a very cool looking variant.

--
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
The Pre Transformer Page: [1501bc.com]
Zoids site: [members.lycos.nl]

oh what the fuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 11:38PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - brown1j.jpg (18.1 KB)
Anonymous User
um... shouldn't it be a 1A?

what is up with the 1J head?
Holy Crap, an officer 1J Cannon Fodder! Most obscure variant ever!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Damn it all to hell...
I really wanted to avoid buying the new 1/60th range, but they keep coming up with variants never done before...Let me tell you that if they make a Virgin Road VF-1D then its over...I'll be in with both feet...
It's easy to say 'no' to the whole line-up: the exposed fuselage bits at the top of the chest plate + wonky arm hinges do it for me. The VF-1D however could be the exception with its straight-line chest plate hiding the design flaw.
drifand: you are so right...the 1D chest piece would fix the biggest problem i have with the 1/60th...well, except the armus-fallus-offus syndrome.
The fodder 1J was in one scene of the show, so if they're willing to make that then all bets are off on anything valk being off the table. I forsee a Max and Millia wedding VF-1D in the future.
B00
Lets hope this means there's a new VT-1 in the future too. Maybe the Brown 1J will come with a spare 1A head.

>
> oh what the fuck

Oh, how cute! It looks like a little brown & white bunny rabbit!

It was in like a whole 18 cels worth of the second episode of SDF:M right? Maybe its a Launching Day commemorative?
Sanjeev (Admin)
VE-1, motherfuckers!
Got my DX Alto the other day. I don't have too much to add to what's already been said about them other than that I was able to leave the grippy weapon hands on mine for fighter mode. I am much happier about it now because that reduces the amount of parts to keep track of to the clip thingy for the gun.

This thing was no more or less difficult/intuitive to transform than the Yamato V.2 1/60 VF-1's IMO.
Do you like it? Does it bring you joy, or is it just another damn toy?
Good question. I'm still on the fence about it. I like the VF-25 fighter design, but the weird angle of the wings, and the lower stabs that don't angle outward kind of make the jet hard to enjoy. It is fun to TF back and forth though. I am not a lineart nazi or anything, so I'm not terribly picky, but those wings...

I'm going to fiddle with it a bit more, but I'm leaning toward reselling it. If I keep it then I'll have to do a lot of modding before I can really dig it.
AcroRay Wrote:
> It was in like a whole 18 cels worth of the second
> episode of SDF:M right? Maybe its a Launching Day
> commemorative?

There's three that show up during the series. One in the second episode, one during Hikaru's training, and one when Hikaru uses a Destroid Spartan. Thank god for DVDs, now toy companies can screencap this shit.
B00
I finally finished my VF-25s kit. I can't wait for the other two.

Okay, actually the Q-Rau's (Rea, whatever) are the only ones that look cool to me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 04:10PM by Warrhead.
B00
A few more shots of the model. 1/72 VF-25s

Thanks
B00
Thanks. That all plastic, no clear coat. Most of the model is in the right colors, but it is missing some of the white areas on the back, and the head cannons aren't in black.

open | download - vt1v2.JPG (227.5 KB)
open | download - vf1d.jpg (208.3 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
AWESOME! Thanks for posting these pics, Andrew.
B00
Excellent.

Just put this guy together, a new 1/48 Focker with the Urban Camo GBP-1S. Combined both stickers sheets as well to get the most details out of this design. While I encountered some QC issues (like usual o_O ), this turn out to be my current favorite incarnation of the VF-1. Can't believe I currently like this more than my favorite anime color GBP with 1J. The colors and camo pattern on this just add a lot more contrast to the figure, without being too loud. Picked more yellow colored stickers to echo the paint scheme. Really loving this one, even though the whole thing really needs something to support it to stand right, thanks to the brand new wobbly knee ratchets of this particular 1S.

Heh, and did this quick photoshop mock-up ad for my boy. ^_^
Yamato's 1/2000 scale (two foot long) Macross.
Attachments:
open | download - yamatomacross.jpg (76.7 KB)
B00
Awesome! Any details as to whether it will come with some in scale figures?

open | download - vf100a.jpg (141.4 KB)
open | download - vf100b.jpg (87.1 KB)
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> Yamato's 1/2000 scale (two foot long) Macross.

One Milllionnn dollars
B00 Wrote:
> Awesome! Any details as to whether it will come
> with some in scale figures?

A 1/2000 scale VF-1 in fighter mode is.007115 meters or something like 7/10 of a millimeter. Around the size of flea shit I imagine, or thereabouts.

2 feet long huh? Pretty bold in a bellyflopping economy. Hope this doesn't go the way of the Monster. Never cared for the Macross myself though, so I'm not really worried. Still, a lot of people have been waiting for Yamato to produce this, but I think most would prefer it to be about a foot or so. Whatever.
B00

A 1/2000 scale VF-1 in fighter mode is.007115 meters or something like 7/10 of a millimeter. Around the size of flea shit I imagine, or thereabouts.

Well they wouldn't have to transform perfectly, I imagine at that scale people would be okay with part swapping :p

Actually my conversion was off a decimal point, it would be a hair over 7mm, but still tiny. Too small to attempt any sort of TF but some little gummy jets, battroids and destroids would be cool. you could actually make a pretty neat little Monster at that scale too, methinks.
I see a lot of things in that VF-100s flyer that I like. SV-51, VF-171, VF-2, VF-4 I'll be in heaven when I can get my hands on those. I'm in a bit of a quandary though about the Macross F ones. I'm not sure if I should go for them now or wait and see if they do FAST Packs for them.
Also, Bandai is releasing Alto in EX-Gear (from what I could see of the picture on the poster in online pictures - based on Saint Seiya Myth Cloth body style?).

M Quarter looks quite awesome.

Too bad they didn't announce a new 1/60 Valk :( . I still hope we're going to get a VF-27...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Little-known fact: Alto is named after robot toy scholar Matt Alt.

That 2 foot Macross is awesome, that's the kind of thing that appeals to me because it's large enough and simple enough that they probably won't screw anything up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer