Gunpla News

Posted by Runaphen 
I like it.
From Bandai:

Dear customers, please keep buying our RX-78, please? We are still in the red...
[www.variety.com]
Anavel, The RX-78 is likely to always get released in one form or another. It's like how many Marvel comics based lines always have a Spider-Man.

I don't understand what's so bad about this RX-78. While it's yet another retread of the same design it looks pretty nice!
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Repulsive. Nyah!

Get off my colony.
[blogs.yahoo.co.jp]

Loto is love!
Anonymous User
I just don't think we need 3 versions of the same (1/1) statue design in a 12 month period.
Sanjeev (Admin)
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sanjeev Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Repulsive. Nyah!
>
>
> Get off my colony.

Win.
[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

Master Grade The O.
Didn't they do a contest to vote for the next MG years ago and The O won? And bandai said fuckit and did the Zeong or another Zaku┬┐
I'm more interested in the fact that the Delta Plus was announced. That means it'll be in the anime as well.

Also, they announced a Gun-pla anime! With its own unique Gundam model that will even be produced as a kit. It's almost like they decided to make a Plamo Kyoshiro anime or something.

And while not Gunpla, did you see Bandai'll be doing a 1/200 Destroid Monster kit? Oddly, not the Koenig. I wonder if this means Bandai will be producing new kits based on the original Macross series?
Pic of the Beginning Gundam (from the gunpla show) here. [ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]
Looks awesome.
B00
Yes! I've been looking for a cheap display base like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 03:06AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - 4603306928_ee2029bb1e.jpg (98.3 KB)
Marasai Wrote:
> I'm more interested in the fact that the Delta
> Plus was announced. That means it'll be in the
> anime as well.

Was there any chance it wouldn't be? There's only about a dozen major new mobile suits in Unicorn, not counting variations, they've introduced half of them in the anime already, and there are five more eps to go.

Mokei Senshi Gunpla Builders info page here:
[bandai-hobbyproshop.net]
Oh yeah that's not just a V Gundam with boxes glued to it at all.

EDIT: What I wanna know is, who designed the Beginning Gundam. It reminds me of the R-Gundam

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 06:24PM by asterphage.
I love how nobody is mentioning that the V2 Gundam won first place in that "Next MG" survey.

V2 Gundam.

Master Grade.

I don't think I need to say any more.
The 'G' logo in the Gunpla Builders: Beginning logo is brilliant.
All I want is that Gunpla brown bear, with the Gatling gun arm that the girl has. What is that?
[bandai-hobbyproshop.net]
that's a customized Acguy, the awesomest mobile suit ever.
I like the fat kid's hamburger.

More serious than thou
VF5SS: the sub-arm beckons you
asterphage: it looks like it's judging the ripeness of a peach... or breaking balls

-Paul Segal

Zeta Gundam and Hyaku Shiki had sex and made this, which I'm liking.

[www.hlj.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Gunpla Builders Beginning G

first teaser:
[www.youtube.com]

and the new trailer, which is significantly more expansive, with some awesome combat footage:
[www.youtube.com]

I love how the combat could be straight out of any Gundam anime. I think that's probably the richest part of this concept, how they can show us totally nonsensical fights that would be out of place anywhere else except... well, a Gundam video game.

I think this looks like a lot of dumb fun, and I think my 10 year old self, who was lucky to just occasionally get an SD Gundam kit at The Outer Limits or find a candy kit at an Asian supermarket, would be utterly delighted with this.

-Paul Segal

Bandai? Hello, Bandai? I have tried to be patient. Where is my fucking HGUC Dijeh?
These balls seriously excite me.

[www.geocities.jp]

[blogs.yahoo.co.jp]

This has to be the most awesome gunpla since the 2.0 version GM.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 06:07PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - img_1588317_52761010_33.jpg (127.8 KB)
open | download - img_1588317_52761010_34.jpg (112.6 KB)
Look at this over the top Zaku from that Mokei Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G OVA.

[www.dalong.net]

That Zaku monstrosity is freakin' ridiculous, sheesh!
So I finally got to build the FA Gundam MG kit. The Gundam itself is well done but the armor sucks. The little gel stickers are very weak, and the armor keeps popping off. It is too bad since I have always been a fan of the FA Gundam. The circular side knee pieces and the hip armor especially fall off if you breathe on it. I haven't decided if I am going to permanently attach the armor pieces yet.

The The-O MG is a fun build. Box is very big and the model itself is quite voluminous. It is about the same size as the Sazaby MG kit. The model is solid and sturdy. No delicate pieces really on the kit.

The Guntank MG is also a fun build, but the treads are extremely delicate. The pieces are snapped together, but fall off with the slightest provocation. The model is overall very cool except for the tread problem.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Perfect Grade's 1/60 scale just not good enough for ya? Well, how about a 1/48 Zaku in Char's colors??? Just about 14" tall and in scale with most wargaming miniatures like WH40k!

Pretty cheap, too...looks like mechanically, it's a lot simpler than even a Master Grade kit. I guess it's a massively blown-up HG kit.
[www.dalong.net]

MECHA PEDOBEAR!

cohiba,

Can't you just buy replacement treads from a tank model kit or does the construction of the Guntank kits treads prevent that possibility?
Mecha,
did not think about replacing the tank treads. that might be a good idea. Might stop by a model shop later and see if they have treads. If I do, will post an update
cohiba,

I'm glad my suggestion was helpful to you. If your able to acquire the treads, I look forward to reading about how well they work.

Good luck!
EXTREME Gundam!

[blog.livedoor.jp]

That looks suspiciously like a guitar. El Mariachi Gundam?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
B00
What's with the other face on the back of its head?

Actually has metal!

Too bad it's limited though.
This is from last year (2010), right? The completed figure is somewhat small as I remember. I never realized it had a highly detailed metal inner structure!
it is 1/100 scale. the metal infrastructure makes it kinda heavy.
the next MG deltaplus looks pretty cool.

i was thinking of picking up the PG GUndam 00 raiser (sp?) with the led spinning engine. is it cool?
[dalong.net]

IN THE EEEEEEEEENNNNNNNND
Wat.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer