Gunpla News

Posted by Runaphen 
MG Heavyarms, finally.
[blog.yahoo.com]
Nice, but Bandai needs to get off their collective asses are come out with an MG GX-9900.
> [blog.yahoo.com]

That G-Exes looks pretty cool, too. It's so basic and straightforward, unlike the overdecorated AGE-01.

Also, the Zee-Zulu from Unicorn looks so delightfully tacticool with its flippers and stuff off.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Still no V2 either, no rush Bandai, it only won the most wanted poll...
While the interchangeability feature is a neat idea, The AGE designs themselves are bland & uninspiring, even for a young audience.

They’re not “bad” they’re just in addition to what I just said, Are also terribly generic & awkward looking.

On the other hand, Their simplicity will likely introduce Gundam to a young audience that will grow into the better designs from the older shows.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I know this isn't Gunpla, but this thread seems like the logical place to post Master Grade news. Hell, it may not even be news--I could just be THAT outta the loop on plamo...

This looks fucking killer:
[www.1999.co.jp]

I don't think there's been much discussion here about these "Figure-Rise" kits, but I've watched a couple youtube reviews of them, and they seem pretty sweet. 1/8 scale, super-poseable, super-accurate...but most of all, *sturdy, simple, and fun* (unlike Revoltechs and other high-end action figures, in my never-humble opinion).
Wow, that does look good.

Has anyone got the FigureRise Goku, or Kamen Rider W? It seems like, if these are as relatively light as many Gundam kits, that they'd need a bit more weight in the feet to keep them standing, since they can't count on the larger feet and calves of many mobile suit designs to keep them up.

Apparently they're also doing a FigureRise of Luffy from One Piece, which looks crazy.

-Paul Segal

To Sanjeev:

[www.dalong.net]

Is the one Sanjeev posted meant to be an alternate KR 1?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Some of these MG figure kits do look awesome, but I'd wonder how durable they really are. You could legitimately play with most of the SHFiguarts I've handled, but not Gunpla kits.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I wouldn't mind seeing MG figure kits of Metal Heros like Gavan.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
>
> Is the one Sanjeev posted meant to be an alternate
> KR 1?

Hey Veef could you explain the diff between the "new" and "old" Kamen Rider 1 suits? I can't remember the exact terms or how it works.

Also I would LOVE to see a MG FigureRise Gavan, especially if he was ALL CHROME.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vincent Z. Wrote:
> >
> > Is the one Sanjeev posted meant to be an
> alternate
> > KR 1?
>
> Hey Veef could you explain the diff between the
> "new" and "old" Kamen Rider 1 suits? I can't
> remember the exact terms or how it works.
>

One has existed for longer than the other.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Basically the darker green with no stripes on the legs is the original suit, and the one with brighter green, stripes, etc, all the features that match the Kamen Rider 2 suit, is from after the point when he teams up with Kamen Rider 2? Is that correct? Anyone?

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> Some of these MG figure kits do look awesome, but
> I'd wonder how durable they really are. You could
> legitimately play with most of the SHFiguarts I've
> handled, but not Gunpla kits.

Did you read my original post? There are shitloads of youtube reviews on these that show that they're pretty rugged. Go on...watch 'em...we'll wait...

asterphage Wrote:
> Also I would LOVE to see a MG FigureRise Gavan,
> especially if he was ALL CHROME.

YES!

But honestly, I'd swoon if they put out a Ninja Arashi!
Sanjeev Wrote:
>
> But honestly, I'd swoon if they put out a Ninja
> Arashi!

Haha, I can't really see that happening... Gavan is more likely, as he's appearing in the upcoming Gokaiger movie.

I do love the concept art for the SIC Arashi, though the figure itself was kind of dull and by-the-numbers by comparison... that art just looks like something from the annals of the Royal Society!

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, the Kamen Rider kits look very tokusatsu-esque...like the dudes just stepped off the screen. I think they could pull off an Arashi in the same vein (styled like the live-action costume). Of course, I have NO idea if there's any interest in the character in Japan these days...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Of course, I have NO idea if there's any
> interest in the character in Japan these days...

That's what I'm sayin'. The RAH was what, ten years ago? And since then there's been a Soul of Sofubi and a SIC, around five or six years ago?

Gavan is at least a dream I can believe in, because for some reason they're cross-promoting him in the new sentai movie.

-Paul Segal

This is pretty.

[blog.livedoor.jp]

This almost looks good but I'll wait for the actual Endless Waltz version with the shroud to come to fruition.

[www.dalong.net]

[www.amiami.jp]

I didn't know where else to post this. It's a Metal Build 1/100 Freedom Gundam. 00 Gundam was the previous one in the line.

[blog.livedoor.jp]

Optimus Prime wants his head back.

[www.dalong.net]

Gundam AGE's been eating his spinach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer