Gunpla News

Posted by Runaphen 
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [blog.lalabit.com]
> 10/post_5133.html

Seems I spoke too soon. Oh well, it's not like I'll even use the decals.

VF5SS Wrote:
> Believe it or not but Kataki designed the V
> Gundam. This was back before everything he did
> came out looking like the Huckbein.

Yep, can't even see the difference! =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 02:10PM by chunkypuff31.
Attachments:
open | download - Katoki_comparison.jpg (64.7 KB)
Anavel Wrote:
> those pics came from here
>
> [blog.goo.ne.jp]
>
> although the following links seem to have the best
> amalgamation of pictures ive seen from several
> sources
>
> just victory
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html
>
> whole show
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html

Thanks for the links Anavel, just found this under that first one, seems to be announcing a Master Grade Stark Jegan, cool if so.

I think that means there's supposed to be an MG kit coming out that month of another mecha. The Stark is a HGUC.
Two core fighters! I was hoping they would include two, but I didn't want to jinx it.

[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]

I'm particularly looking forward to the variable ReZeL, but Stark Jegan is awesome too.
Attachments:
open | download - nosecones.jpg (144.3 KB)
open | download - two sets.jpg (146.7 KB)
And from what I see, one will have the normal head, while the other will have the Hexa head! Awesome.
Sachiel Wrote:
> I think that means there's supposed to be an MG
> kit coming out that month of another mecha. The
> Stark is a HGUC.

Ah, I see, the top 3 suits are all for HGUC, still I suppose there's a god chance of an MG Stark Jegan st some point since it'll be in the Unicorn anime next year. I'm hoping for a MG Rezel too.

Ah ha, here's the full picture, everything on this board is from UC so whatever the mystery MG is it is definitely a Unicorn suit. Going by Bandai's usual patterns I'd say it's probably a Gera Zulu. I'd hope for Kasatryia but that's surely too big.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2009 06:10AM by Fort Max.
Fort Max Wrote:
> Sachiel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think that means there's supposed to be an MG
> > kit coming out that month of another mecha. The
> > Stark is a HGUC.
>
> Ah, I see, the top 3 suits are all for HGUC, still
> I suppose there's a god chance of an MG Stark
> Jegan st some point since it'll be in the Unicorn
> anime next year. I'm hoping for a MG Rezel too.
>
> Ah ha, here's the full picture, everything on this
> board is from UC so whatever the mystery MG is it
> is definitely a Unicorn suit. Going by Bandai's
> usual patterns I'd say it's probably a Gera Zulu.
> I'd hope for Kasatryia but that's surely too big.
> [art16.photozou.jp]
> 9443_org.v1255219552.jpg

I think the Banshee is much more likely. It's an easy repaint. The only real difference mold-wise is the v-fin.
Ah, wasn't familiar with that one, yeah that looks like easy money for bandai.
I was giving that mystery line some thought last night. I couldn't wrap my brain around what they're planning to do. They've already got all of the major robot scales covered. HGUC for 1/144, MG for 1/100, PG for 1/60, HGHG for 1/35, and I think Gundam Collection covers 1/500 or something small like that. Then it hit me, Bandai has a whole slew of untapped AU mobile suits. The mystery line could very well be HGAU. With a line like that, they could include any future non-UC series under a single line with all of the past shows plus it would give them the perfect excuse to go back and redo older designs with modern techniques, or in many cases, actually do some mobile suits for the very first time in model form. This would mean that we might finally get all those lovely OZ mobile suits from Wing that Bandai didn't want to do or some of the other funky Gundams from G. If that's the case, this could be awesome. Then I might finally get a good kit of the Jenice, Daughtress, and the Taurus.
except that whole chart is just for Gundam Unicorn because the anime OVA is starting next spring. I suspect the enw line will just be the non grade affordable model line for the series same as every series has gotten in recent memory.

Of course if it were a perfect grade Unicorn I wouldn't complain but so soon after 00 makes that seem imposisble, even for Bandai.

HGAU is a bloody fine idea though. :)
Yeah, I noticed it was all Unicorn, but then again, that's pretty much all that's coming out up through March at least. Plus there's the fact that its listed as another category and is boxed similar to the MG logo. I really hope my hunch turns out to be true.
As much as fans will keep on dreaming about some great HGAU line it won't happen and definetly not now. The whole chart, same with the previous one is about the first "season" of Unicorn releases. So the Anothery Category section is going to be about Unicorn, and ignore the comparisons to MG as it just there to looks nice to say something is coming we just aren't telling you yet! In the original graph it was listed as ??. with 4 releases from January to March.

What is likely is a new line. I really wouldn't bet on a non grade affordable model line either or something like FG as those lines don't really work for Bandai, died quickly in 00 with only the 4 Gundams and died around that fast for Destiny. Plus the target for Unicorn is the older people with deeper pockets. With the sheer number I kind of want to say a 1/100 line of non MG designs.
Maybe they'll release a new DX-like figure line with LED installed for the Psycho Frame. Looking at how Bandai really moved forward with LEDs for the 00 line, especially throwing them in the Designer Color versions for the other 2nd season Gundams, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Something like a High Metal DX line, with a diecast skeleton an fully transformable between Unicorn & Destroy mode. Like the MG (no replaceable parts), but also like the SHCM-Pro line. The 'skeleton' would come pre built, but the armor comes in plastic pieces that you build over the skeleton, like with an MG.
i want a MG Marasai.....
and a MG of the orange dude that turns into the flying saucer....
Asshimar? I'd love that as an MG, teh HCM Pro was rock solid, an MG would be mind blowing. Gaplant too for me.
RedAleseides Wrote:
> Maybe they'll release a new DX-like figure line
> with LED installed for the Psycho Frame. Looking
> at how Bandai really moved forward with LEDs for
> the 00 line, especially throwing them in the
> Designer Color versions for the other 2nd season
> Gundams, I wouldn't be too surprised.

It would be more likely for them to do something like the HY2M Glorious Series Zeon mecha, or the Strike Freedom Gundam Lightning Edition - a 1/60 kit with extensive light features.
In fact, I'm surprised they didn't product anything like this for the Gundam 00 line, like an Exia with all its GN Capacitors (the big lens-like discs) and/or the "seatbelts" lighting up...

> Something like a High Metal DX line, with a
> diecast skeleton an fully transformable between
> Unicorn & Destroy mode. Like the MG (no
> replaceable parts), but also like the SHCM-Pro
> line. The 'skeleton' would come pre built, but the
> armor comes in plastic pieces that you build over
> the skeleton, like with an MG.

Man, remember the Metal Material Model Strike Gundam? That was pretty much exactly this, except, y'know, not the Unicorn Gundam.
And Bandai hasn't produced anything like it since, except maybe the Soul Spec Dragonar.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
>Man, remember the Metal Material Model Strike Gundam? That was pretty much exactly this, except, y'know, not the Unicorn Gundam.
And Bandai hasn't produced anything like it since, except maybe the Soul Spec Dragonar.<

That's what the SOC SPEC L-Gaim SHOULD have been but for some reason they cheapened out and just made the lower legs armor removable.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
asterphage Wrote:
> RedAleseides Wrote:
> > Maybe they'll release a new DX-like figure line
> > with LED installed for the Psycho Frame.
> Looking
> > at how Bandai really moved forward with LEDs
> for
> > the 00 line, especially throwing them in the
> > Designer Color versions for the other 2nd
> season
> > Gundams, I wouldn't be too surprised.
>
> It would be more likely for them to do something
> like the HY2M Glorious Series Zeon mecha, or the
> Strike Freedom Gundam Lightning Edition - a 1/60
> kit with extensive light features.
> In fact, I'm surprised they didn't product
> anything like this for the Gundam 00 line, like an
> Exia with all its GN Capacitors (the big lens-like
> discs) and/or the "seatbelts" lighting up...

That would be slick but I'm hoping they go the whole hog and do a PG unicorn this time next year with perfect transformation and a fully lit psychoframe.

I do want to get those glorious series models though.
Vincent Z. Wrote:
>
> That's what the SOC SPEC L-Gaim SHOULD have been
> but for some reason they cheapened out and just
> made the lower legs armor removable.

Yeah, I actually looked at your CDX review the other day before I made that last post.

I can't believe it doesn't have a full morvabul flame.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
HGUC Stark Jegan

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

MG GN-X

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

Attachments:
open | download - 4134999273_703e9bc3c4_o.jpg (252 KB)
open | download - 4134999325_2616e66b3c_o.jpg (173 KB)
So, they're making a new Perfect Grade RX-78 with detented joints?
Gcrush Wrote:
> So, they're making a new Perfect Grade RX-78 with
> detented joints?

In 1/48 scale. PG is 1/60 (ish).

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> In 1/48 scale. PG is 1/60 (ish).

So it's a couple of inches taller than a perfect grade? Why not just go the extra distance and make it 1:35?

Eh. What am I saying? We always need RX-78s in new scales.
Now you can pose your Gundam with a 1:48 VF-1 and hundreds of military aircraft kits plus all of their accessories.
VF5SS Wrote:
> Now you can pose your Gundam with a 1:48 VF-1 and
> hundreds of military aircraft kits plus all of
> their accessories.

Why would I want to do that? Besides, isn't that a couple of decades too late?
1:48 aircraft are pretty timeless...

You could also throw in the R3 Layzner kit, the Dual Model Dougram, and the Actic Gear Votoms. That would be a real Sunrise Robo rumpus.
1/48 is a good scale that makes certain robots better than 1/60 does, like Andrew said. 1/48 VOTOMS are small, and I hate them, but they're still better than 1/60 would be for the modern collector.

And, the Jumbo Grade Gundam is 1/35... it's not that posable, but it works.

[prometheusrising.net]
And there's this 1/24th scale posable monster

[dalong.net]

1/60 has always been a very odd scale. It really only existed to make Mobile Suit kits roughly a foot tall. 1/72 was just never satisfying enough in terms of size and up until recently 1/48 was right out.

I still want to see the smooth curve produced by lining up different scale RX-78-2 figures in a row.
VF5SS Wrote:
> And there's this 1/24th scale posable monster
>
> [dalong.net]

I absolutely love that thing. Wish I had picked one up.

> 1/60 has always been a very odd scale. It really
> only existed to make Mobile Suit kits roughly a
> foot tall. 1/72 was just never satisfying enough
> in terms of size and up until recently 1/48 was
> right out.

That's what I meant about the 1/60 idea being decades too old. Why didn't they just shoot for this scale from the start? Craziness.

> I still want to see the smooth curve produced by
> lining up different scale RX-78-2 figures in a
> row.

I've had visions of this. And they drove me mad.
Because anything bigger than the Gundam suddenly gets expensive and more difficult to display in a small japanese home.
Honestly, it's really a shame that 1/72 didn't become the standard large-Gundam scale. It's such a better and more compatible scale to work with, instead of trying to work around 1/60 if you are a scale nut.

[prometheusrising.net]
Well large airplane kits are 1/32 while most military vehicle and tank models are 1/35.

it is a mystery
That's true... that one has always mystified my as well. There CAN'T be a reason for it... can there?

[prometheusrising.net]
Anonymous User
May be the first gundam model I buy in years.
[dalong.net]

it stands
Nice gallery for the Victory MG. [blog.livedoor.jp]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn...so, like, the V Gundam is like the Gaiking of the Gundam world?
It's really just another attempt at a toyetic combination Gundam. Kind of like the ZZ Gundam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer