Gunpla News

Posted by Runaphen 
I thought the SD Gundam toys also used hard PVC. They certainly had an odour to them. Maybe that was all the enamel paint.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nope...plastic. Typical stuff you'd find in your average Transformer toy, or whatever. But still absolutely superior to PVC.

Andrew reminded me of the Super HCM Pro line. Too bad that fizzled out as quick as it rose...
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Too bad that fizzled out as quick as it rose...

You've just described almost any Bandai line outside of models, SOC, and a few others.
Well it looks like SHCM Pro is getting another toy. This time is the Katoki-tastic Unicorn Gundam.
OHHHH SIIIIIII~~~

ngeekhiong's update on new mooks:

Masterpiece Rollout MSZ-010 Double Zeta Gundam
- Introduction on sample work featuring MSs from Gundam Double Zeta era, with "rollout" as the theme
- July 31st release, 2,520 Yen (inclusive of tax).

How to Build Gundam (How to Build Gundam & How to Build Gundam 2 Reissued)
- Set of two old publications from Hobby Japan
- Improved color printing
- August 21st release, 3,000 Yen (inclusive of tax).

-----------------------------------------
EDIT :

preorder's up:

[hlj.com]
[hlj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 09:53PM by nemeos.
I hope you like more OYW extensions. This time its Katoki's version of Okawara's RX-78-7.
Attachments:
open | download - rx787.jpg (151.8 KB)
Typical boring UC design.
[mahq.net]

it used to be prettier
Guntank & Jegan.
Attachments:
open | download - 3760796064_ee628963cf_b.jpg (243.7 KB)
open | download - rygerehftrwq6.jpg (316.4 KB)
VF5SS Wrote:
> Well it looks like SHCM Pro is getting another
> toy. This time is the Katoki-tastic Unicorn
> Gundam.

Didn't the SHCM Pro Exia just come out recently too? The line doesn't seem dead, though they are picky about which designs get made...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> The Arch Enemies were hard PVC? Yuck.

I'm surprised that you've never messed with one of these. Of all the modern RX-78 toys out there I would expect this to be your favorite one. Diddling mine right now, I can't say for certain the exact materials used but it's rock solid. Only soft part is the samurai head "V" but I prefer that. The AE RX-78 mkII is the best chunky-funky-proportioned-bang-for-your-buckiest-piece-o-sick-ass-shit in a long ass time. You really outta' punch yourself in the nuts for not at least inspecting a friend's. ...And the core fighter, the CORE FIGHTER!!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know, I've heard nothing but good things about the AE RX-78...but ironically, I don't *want* one! Sure, I'd love to mess around with one to see how nice it is, but I have the retro chogokin GA-100 and that's PLENTY RX-78 for me. And if I wanted more, I'd probably pick up that Kadou Senshi gokin...

I'd probably absolutely *love* an AE Z'Gok, Gog, Acguy, or something like that, though. Basically something as beautiful as the MG kits...but as durable as the AE toys apparently are.

Ideally, of course, I'd opt for a Popy/GA-100-style gokin of these suits or Kadou Senshi's of them...but these are all pipe-dreams anyway! ;)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Ideally, of course, I'd opt for a
> Popy/GA-100-style gokin of these suits or Kadou
> Senshi's of them...but these are all pipe-dreams
> anyway! ;)

I'm still crushed they never even did a Kado Senshi Gouf... or Mk.II... or Qubeley. Kado Senshi Quebeley was my 'dark horse' wager. With a nice pearly paint job it would be so perfect with the Hyuku Shuku. We could have a little wedding ceremony for them.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
That excellent photography really shows how nice that Jegan kit is! While I’ve never cared for it’s light greenish color, I’ve always liked the Jegan’s design otherwise.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:11PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 00003776_2.jpg (120 KB)
I'm not a fan of gunpla generally, but I might have to cave on this one..
B00
Damn, it's about time the V gundam got a MG. I assume it's a master grade and not a FixFig.

Yes, It's an MG. It's the Ver. Kai version.
B00
MechaBlazeEagle Wrote:
> Yes, It's an MG. It's the Ver. Kai version.

Nice. I couldn't get the links to load.

[hk.rd.yahoo.com]

Note the connectors on the stand for the core fighter, V's upgrades must be on the way. Only 3.8k too, bargain.
Anonymous User
I peed a little
I don't see any Overhang guns, but it most certainly includes the Hexa head. That's awesome!

I also noticed images showing a new Macross F FAST pack design. Even weirder, Kotobukiya appears to be making Break Blade models. That's a hell of an obscure comic to do a model line on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 09:07AM by Marasai.
Anavel Wrote:
> I peed a little

Stand up to the victory.
I'd rather be a Winner Forever.
I'd rather have the Zanscare Empires All-women Bikini Bazooka Squad...
It's freakin' awesome that the V Gundam's finally getting the MG treatment. It's strange though that as a Ver. KA it's lacking those little red markings all over the place.
Believe it or not but Kataki designed the V Gundam. This was back before everything he did came out looking like the Huckbein.
So, if I wait long enough, they'll release a Katoki version for V-dash Gundam?
I wonder if it'll come with optional head parts for V Gundam Hexa (I like the rabbit ears). It's a treat to see stuff that's usually neglected for the newer show designs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
VF5SS Wrote:
> Believe it or not but Katoki designed the V
> Gundam. This was back before everything he did
> came out looking like the Huckbein.

Actually, it was back when every Huckebein he did came out looking like the V Gundam.

RedAleseides Wrote:
> So, if I wait long enough, they'll release a
> Katoki version for V-dash Gundam?

Vincent Z. Wrote:
> I wonder if it'll come with optional head parts
> for V Gundam Hexa

Well, they've got that Hexa head on display, but no Dash pack - however, based on Bandai's usual patterns, I'd bet they're going to release the V Gundam without either one - and then they'll release a V-Dash Gundam Hexa. I think that would be the most conducive to getting the most consumers to buy both kits.

-Paul Segal

I'm waiting on buying MG Victory untill I know just how bandai is going to fleece V fans for the upgrade packs. I'm pretty sure the hexa head is included, it was part of the item description cybergundam posted on his blog.

What I really want to know is how many fighters will the kit contain, been a long while since I watched V but didn't each section of the gundam require a fighter to be docked in order for them to be flown into battle? Unlike Impulse and ZZ Gundam where the bits flew under their own power.
No, far as I remember, only one Core Fighter to the Victory. ZZ required multiple units to fly in the components, but not the Victory. They were just remote controlled, though the Core Fighter could dock with each piece individually.

Attachments:
open | download - ytg6r6rby6u161d467420_b.jpg (371.7 KB)
open | download - 3992091173_714091810e_b.jpg (418.5 KB)
open | download - 0hugug6.jpg (191.4 KB)
Marasai Wrote:
> No, far as I remember, only one Core Fighter to
> the Victory. ZZ required multiple units to fly in
> the components, but not the Victory. They were
> just remote controlled, though the Core Fighter
> could dock with each piece individually.

Ah, I got it the wrong way around. Cheers for the correction.

Nice big poctures, is the cockpit supposed to stick out of the chest like that or is that showing how Uso gets out?
Fort Max Wrote:
> Nice big poctures, is the cockpit supposed to
> stick out of the chest like that or is that
> showing how Uso gets out?

Yeah, that's the fancy way of showing how the cockpit hatch 'opens'. I hope the core block is fully transformable and the red plate slides into the nose cone.

Has there been any internal shots confirming proper storage of the beam sabers in the red arm compartments?
chunkypuff31 Wrote:
> It's freakin' awesome that the V Gundam's finally
> getting the MG treatment. It's strange though that
> as a Ver. KA it's lacking those little red
> markings all over the place.

[blog.lalabit.com]

-Paul Segal

Anonymous User
RedAleseides Wrote:
> Fort Max Wrote:
> > Nice big poctures, is the cockpit supposed to
> > stick out of the chest like that or is that
> > showing how Uso gets out?
>
> Yeah, that's the fancy way of showing how the
> cockpit hatch 'opens'. I hope the core block is
> fully transformable and the red plate slides into
> the nose cone.
>
> Has there been any internal shots confirming
> proper storage of the beam sabers in the red arm
> compartments?

yes

Anavel, where did you find those clear close up shots please?
Anonymous User
those pics came from here

[blog.goo.ne.jp]

although the following links seem to have the best amalgamation of pictures ive seen from several sources

just victory [www.toysdaily.com]

whole show [www.toysdaily.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer