Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
Dare I hope that Mazinkaiser might be on the horizon?
Anonymous User
Review Coming Soon

[www.flickr.com]
I hope they do Dragonar 3, but then they'll have to do Dragonar 2 which is the least impressive of the main three.

I realize that when they (eventually) do L-Gaim MkII, it'll be the most expensive SOC SPEC, probably around $120-150 as I predict but some times you just have to keep your trap shut and except the price for your favorite designs.

About the SPEC Falguen. I know that the lower leg's armor is removable but is the thigh's as well? I tried but doesn't seem to be come off. There's a sort of piston thing going on there when you move the knee joint which is a nice touch.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Yet more maz.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

GX-45. May.

Also:
[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
[www.shin-mazinger.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 02:45PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - mazingerZ-2.jpg (265.1 KB)
[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Ok, I'm telling you right now that while the Falguen is a good toy, it is NOT worth $99.99.

The new SOC Mazinger is looking good. I would have like chromed thighs and arms though.

Also glad that there's going to be a new Mazinger series as the only modern mecha shows I've enjoyed for this decade are either the remakes of Go Nagai's works or the ultra fanservice stuff like Strike Witches and The Girl Who Leapt Though Space.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
I'm digging the new SOC Maz, and looking forward to a modern classic Mazinger series! Hopefully Great shows up at the end and saves Z's ass, bc/ we all know who's superior.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Ditto on the 'worth' of the Falguen. I only had a passing interest in Dragonar and so was pleased to be able to buy the SPEC for about 70 SGD (OP version w/o extra armor). At 90+ SGD now... no way. In fact, it's selling for $115 and up for walk-in customers here in Singapore.

As for Maz... meh.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm digging the new SOC Maz, and looking forward
> to a modern classic Mazinger series! Hopefully
> Great shows up at the end and saves Z's ass, bc/
> we all know who's superior.

Yes, Mazinger Z is far SUPERIOR. So much that it had to come in and SAVE Great Mazinger's robotic behind at the end of its OWN series. BTW, Great Mazinger did nothing for Mazinger Z in the series - that was in the OVA...

I am so getting that new SOC!

MAZINGER Z RULEZ!!!

}D
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Also glad that there's going to be a new Mazinger
> series as the only modern mecha shows I've enjoyed
> for this decade are either the remakes of Go
> Nagai's works or the ultra fanservice stuff like
> Strike Witches and The Girl Who Leapt Though
> Space.

Did Vince just label something "ultra fanservice"? Will wonders never cease...

Oh, and which version of Mazinger is that? The paint and head look vaguely OVA, but the Pilder is red. I'm confused.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, I'm guessing it's for the new cartoon these guys are talking about. No interest in the toy, but I'll definitely check out a new cartoon. I really dug that Mazinkaiser joint!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Well, I'm guessing it's for the new cartoon these
> guys are talking about. No interest in the toy,
> but I'll definitely check out a new cartoon. I
> really dug that Mazinkaiser joint!

Probably. Don't know why I didn't catch that the first time. Well, the only way I'm going to watch that cartoon is if the pilot is a ridiculously under-aged kid full of preternatural ability, sass-mouth, and a smidgen of self-doubt. Werd up.
Wait. So the new Mazinger is going to be GX-45 instead of Daizengar and Aussenseiter? I'm seeing competing signage here.
GX-45 Mazinger Z will be released in May. Daigenzar and Aussenteeter are now designated GX-46 and will be released in June.
MSW
What happend to Daitarn 3? Still in the pipeline, I hope.
What ever happened to Daidenjin?

Also more Daigenzar [www.toysdaily.com]

And! Two dif molds for Mazinger? [www.toysdaily.com]

The elbow joints look different from the proto to the painted.
While this new Maz is looking great with all the new joints I would have liked a GX-24 Tetsujin style foot in as well.
According to toysdaily Daitarn is still in the pipeline.
Attachments:
open | download - 2ih3u6d[1].jpg (218.1 KB)

While this new Maz is looking great with all the new joints I would have liked a GX-24 Tetsujin style foot in as well.

Really? You mean the toe joint? I always found that useless and annoying, reducing even more the effective area of the already-small footprint. And putting an unsightly notch in the top of the feet besides. It's the one thing I don't like about my GX-24 Tetsujin.

I'm totally digging this new Maz. I never got around to buying any of the previous Maz SOC's as they always looked a bit clunky and static to me. (Among other complaints, the lack of a joint between the neck and head really hurt their looks in many poses.) But this one looks slick and dynamic. Can't wait to see pics of this one wearing that huge-wingspan version of the classic scrander.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 10:38AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 2lj6ons.jpg (369.7 KB)
open | download - ap_20090225wetweewpg.jpg (66.6 KB)
[www.toysdaily.com]

I sure hope that price is wrong because if it's not Bandai can shove them.
What the heck is going on with pricing lately? First Alter wants $130.00 dollars for a 5 inch plastic action-figure (The Arbalest), then Yamato wants $300.00 for their new Ingram (at lest it's huge and decked out but it's still insane) and now it looks like Bandai wants $300.00 for the Dygenguar and Aussenseiter set? Holy snot... this hobby is sucking more and more.
so does this new soc maz come with the scrandler? or do we have to wait 6 months for the reissue (now with scrandler edition).

totally digging the style tho!
dairugger Wrote:
> so does this new soc maz come with the scrandler?
> or do we have to wait 6 months for the reissue
> (now with scrandler edition).
>
> totally digging the style tho!

No pictures of it yet, but I swear one of the info pages mentioned a Jet Scrander.
MattAlt (Admin)
Definitely comes with the Scrander.

They're also (re) releasing the Soul of Popinika Hover Pilder with a slightly new paint scheme.
I hope Mazinger Z comes with the cool Scrander seen in the Illustration on the Shin-Mazinger website. Very cool.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm honestly WAY more psyched to hear about the new Maz cartoon than I am about this new toy. I just did some quick research into it and saw that Yasuhiro Imagawa is directing this 26-episode show (this is the guy who did the 90's Giant Robo OVA and the recent-ish Tetsujin 28 series from a few years ago). It's supposed to be loosely based on "Z Mazinger", a slightly more alien-("Greek God")-centric retelling of the original Mazinger storyline.

The character designs look a tad goofier than the ones from Mazinkaiser....think a cross between Mazinkaiser and Imagawa's Giant Robo:

The mechanics look good, but nothing you wouldn't expect after seeing Mazinkaiser:

...Now where's my Grendizer remake, damnit!?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Anonymous User
It looks like Transformers:Animated....
Anonymous User
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I'm honestly WAY more psyched to hear about the
> new Maz cartoon than I am about this new toy. I
> just did some quick research into it and saw that
> Yasuhiro Imagawa is directing this 26-episode show
> (this is the guy who did the 90's Giant Robo OVA
> and the recent-ish Tetsujin 28 series from a few
> years ago). It's supposed to be loosely based on
> "Z Mazinger", a slightly more alien-("Greek
> God")-centric retelling of the original Mazinger
> storyline.
>
> The character designs look a tad goofier than the
> ones from Mazinkaiser....think a cross between
> Mazinkaiser and Imagawa's Giant Robo:
>
> [nk-ds.org]
> pg
>
> The mechanics look good, but nothing you wouldn't
> expect after seeing Mazinkaiser:
>
> [superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com]
> rwhotnews_shinz2.jpg
>
>
> ...Now where's my Grendizer remake, damnit!?

i wish theyd kept the design/style of the mazinkaiser ova- especially aphrodite-a.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I kinda thought the hero 'bots were pretty similar to those in the Mazinkaiser OVA...just a little more...bulbous? The Kikaiju look like they've undergone the most change, and they *do* look a lot more TF Animated-esque.

Anyway, we're derailing here...I'm sure a new thread will pop up in the OT when the show finally airs and gets fansubbed...
Anonymous User
Giganos Blue Eagle!

[www.collectiondx.com]
pic i found.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 05:36PM by dairugger.
Attachments:
open | download - mazinger2009.jpg (82.8 KB)
Pics of the horsey robot and friend.

[www.toysdaily.com]
This will probably be the closest to a new Grendizer series we'll see anytime soon. It's actually pretty sweet if you haven't seen it.

[www.youtube.com]

Bandai has robbed us. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. How could they. HOW COULD THEY. They pepper us with a new Mazinger SOC and it doesn't even turn into a BIG FUCKING ROCKET PUNCH?! As above image shows the new Mazinger turns into said giant fucking rocket punch. The new SOC does not.
GX-45 doesn't turn into a giant rocket punch. But they'll soon make one that does.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

And I hope that tubby Groizer gets an SOC as well. With some push-button bomb-droppin' action.
I can't read the Japanese. Does that link talk about making a TFing Rocket Death Punch Maz?

Also.

I wanna see more old school sentai mechs. I'd fight a herd of koalas for a SOC Super Live Robo.
servbot30 Wrote:
> [i26.photobucket.com]
> 236555429857.jpg
>
> Bandai has robbed us. I mean this from the bottom
> of my heart. How could they. HOW COULD THEY. They
> pepper us with a new Mazinger SOC and it doesn't
> even turn into a BIG FUCKING ROCKET PUNCH?! As
> above image shows the new Mazinger turns into said
> giant fucking rocket punch. The new SOC does not.

And you actually like that?!!! I am saving up some money so I can hire a hitman to go kill the bastard that came up with that STUPID idea...

}X
I don't like it. I LOVE IT.
servbot30 Wrote:
> I can't read the Japanese. Does that link talk
> about making a TFing Rocket Death Punch Maz?

Don't worry about reading Japanese. Just look at the pictures. If things still don't click, then just trust the fates not to be so cruel as to keep the Giant Rocket Punch from us for long.

> Also.
>
> I wanna see more old school sentai mechs. I'd
> fight a herd of koalas for a SOC Super Live Robo.

I'd pay to see a herd of koalas. And then pay more to see you fight them. Awesome.
The_Mazinger_Z Wrote:

> And you actually like that?!!! I am saving up
> some money so I can hire a hitman to go kill the
> bastard that came up with that STUPID idea...
>
> }X

Why do you hate so much? Why can't you just let Mazinger be awesome?
That rocket punch idea is all kinds of craziness. Funny, awesome and dumba$$ all at the same time. Very Go Nagi actually. Is there a attachment like the Scrander that is combining with him to do that? It looks like there is if you look at his waist. Almost like the wings fold in to become the forearm? Anyway, as long as he has the batwing Scrander seen on the website I'll buy it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer