Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
Yup, no frosting for you unless you pony up the extra 6k yen.

Someone on TFW pointed out that Big O's box was rather large for the size of the toy and what it comes with, someone else posited that Bandai may have made space for the extra set in the box which would be the biggest dick move ever if such a thing were in any way true.
Being the huge Big-O fan I am I couldn't stay away from the Expansion Parts set. :( Lotta moolah, but I definitely wanted to get my hands on a truly complete Big-O.
Fort Max Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
..Big O's box was rather large for the size of the toy and what it comes with... Bandai may have made space for the extra set in the box..

If this is true, I would be uber pissed. I can deal with not getting the frostings.. But don't they dare take up valuable storage space for SOMETHING I HAVEN'T GOT..
New Combattler is hot. [www.toy-world.com.hk]

Big O. No exclusive parts crap in these pics: [www.toy-world.com.hk]
Oh my gentle Jesus. Big-O looks fucking beautiful.
Whew! Big O is gorgeous!! How much will he cost?....
He's expensive. About $120-150 depending on where you shop.
Oh wow.. They were some awesome pics of Big O.. extra parts pfft who needs em.. he's amazing without.. I can't wait..
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> Fort Max Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ..Big O's box was rather large for the size of the
> toy and what it comes with... Bandai may have made
> space for the extra set in the box..

Maybe Bandai is investing in cardboard cereal box prizes, like a cardboard punch out of Roger Smith's watch. Or worse, a code you type in to tamashii web for an exclusive Japan-only download.
RedAleseides Wrote:
> eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> -----
> > Fort Max Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > ..Big O's box was rather large for the size of
> the
> > toy and what it comes with... Bandai may have
> made
> > space for the extra set in the box..
>
> Maybe Bandai is investing in cardboard cereal box
> prizes, like a cardboard punch out of Roger
> Smith's watch. Or worse, a code you type in to
> tamashii web for an exclusive Japan-only download.

It's possible, maybe a card version of the train thing that carries Big O around. Bandai would have usually shown all their cards by now though, what with it coming out in a few weeks.
Big O pics from GA Graphic

[www.toysdaily.com]
[ga.sbcr.jp]
Triple Wow!!

While expensive, As long as reliable sources with a good track record give it overall positive reviews AND He's acceptably, adequately sturdy, I'll buy him when finances permit. Heck yeah!!
The second and third (helmeted) Big-O heads don't seem very different to me. What's the deal with those?
Gcrush Wrote:
> The second and third (helmeted) Big-O heads don't
> seem very different to me. What's the deal with
> those?

The head that comes with the "normal" release of the figure is a little smaller than it should be (according to the anime) to accommodate for the opening cockpit gimmick. The Tamashii Expansion Parts set comes with a more anime-accurate head that's a wee bit bigger, which of course does not allow the cockpit to open all the way. And lastly there is the "Archetype" head which shows what Big-O's head looks like with its face and helmet removed. This was shown a couple times in the anime when Big-O has been in for repairs.
More pics of GX-45A limited Maz. [tamashii.jp]

Attachments:
open | download - atami4.jpg (138.1 KB)
That version of Mazinger is gorgeous.

If anyone cares, this is coming out too.

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Am I the only one who noticed those huge ugly scratches on the front of the skirt armor on the big-o in the toysdaily pics? hopefully this was caused by the owner and doesn't indicate some sort of QC issues...
Jerilock Wrote:
> Am I the only one who noticed those huge ugly
> scratches on the front of the skirt armor on the
> big-o in the toysdaily pics? hopefully this was
> caused by the owner and doesn't indicate some sort
> of QC issues...

They're probably markings to denote that it's a "Final" product sample. Sometimes test/photography pieces are marked so people don't just swipe them and sell them online. Of course it doesn't always work, as we've seen time and time again with Transformers..
Those scratches are intentional on not-for-sale samples. Do not worry about silly things or I will slap you with an Atlantic cod.
FYI....new Energer-Z is pretty damn cool. I'll snap a coupla and brog it this weekend.

Oh yeah....crap. That Tamashii Maz looks nice. I'm guessing YJA will be the best way to get them?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 11:07AM by hillsy.
Yep! That Mazinger Z looks spectacular!
hillsy Wrote:
> That Tamashii Maz looks nice. I'm
> guessing YJA will be the best way to get them?

Toy-wave has a pre-order for it. [www.toy-wave.com]
I went to place an order through TokyoHunter for Atami Nights Maz, but he has taken too many orders already.

Anime Export also has him up for preorder. [www.anime-export.com]
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> I went to place an order through TokyoHunter for
> Atami Nights Maz, but he has taken too many orders
> already.
>
> Anime Export also has him up for preorder.
> [www.anime-export.com]
> ion=Diecast&Prodotti_id=5477

Yikes! Anime-Export want three times what it is worth, and that's without shipping!!!

I think Toy-Wave seems to be the best bet right now, as the only want double what it is going to be selling for at the show...

}\
Big-O is out in HK. Angolz has it listed as in stock.
Anonymous User
Looking at this picture makes me feel cheated, and I didn't even buy one. Damn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 12:24PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 8_2.jpg (50.5 KB)
Gcrush Wrote:
> Looking at this picture makes me feel gypped, and
> I didn't even buy one. Damn.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Don't feel bad. It just means that you will get to buy it at a much cheaper price in a month or two... just like the beloved SOC Daimos.

}D
Dopey thought of teh day..

If it had battery sound features, it'd need the deep echo-y, springy, sound he makes with each big step in the show.
I think it's imsulting that the stand actually has a place for the car to go, right in front of the big O when it's not included. Just how bloody cheeky is that.
New Combattler lookin' sweet.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]
[ga.sbcr.jp]
Fort Max Wrote:
> I think it's imsulting that the stand actually has
> a place for the car to go, right in front of the
> big O when it's not included. Just how bloody
> cheeky is that.

The whole thing has a pretty intense lack of value relative to the line of toys in which it appears. If you add in the Japanese-domestic cost of the figure and accessory pack it becomes the sixth most expensive SOC ever.

Personally, I don't really don't care about the add-on arms and cake frosters. But a basic release with just four accessories? That's really light for the price point unless the figure is vastly larger than it appears. Hell, that might even have set the record for "least number of accessories ever".

It wasn't even a year ago that GX-44S came out and it included an insanely heavy and poseable T-28, an alternate head, extra paws, some dopey kid, the same dopey kid in his 'tard car, a dopey robot, a boom box, and an EXTRA FIGURE OF BLACK OX WITH AN ALTERNATE HEAD AND PAWS. The whole deal was literally $2 more than the basic Big-O figure.

Did we really experience that much inflation in the last year? Can anyone who is actually informed comment on this?*

* And by "informed" I mean I don't want to hear anyone talk out their ass about how Bandai is out to fuck us if they don't live in Japan or at least read Japanese. Seriously.
Hell, just think back to the Battle Fever J....all those METAL weapons, or Leopardon with a large sofubi figure and the equivalent of a Charawheels car included.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> Hell, just think back to the Battle Fever J....all
> those METAL weapons, or Leopardon with a large
> sofubi figure and the equivalent of a Charawheels
> car included.

That's what I'm talkin'bout, man. It seems like such a rip off, like it ought to cost about half as much as it does. What's going on with Bandai?
Well the price of high end items are rising but the cost of Big-O is partly due to it's size. It's listed at 220mm while most "average" sized SOC's are in the 180-190mm range with the new Mazinger figure being only around 160mm and that was priced around $65-70 bucks. Or in other words Big-O will be about the size of a Aoshima Mazinkaiser. Also the design of Big-O is quite intricate compared to the smooth surfaces of most SR's plus it does have disproportionately large arms and feet. Still doesn't fully explain the price but compared to $300 bucks for GX-46 I'm not complaining and there are deals to be found, toy-wave.com has a special for $109 for Big-O.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 02:48PM by chen.
Pfft its just fanboys and their sense of entitlement.

:p
I also think the production run won't be as high as say a Mazinger or Getter figure. I'm not sure if Big-O was that popular in Japan but it could also be a higher cost per unit deal plus why their offering a optional weapons pack since Bandai doesn't expect to sell as many figures.
Well mine got shipped yesterday (18th).. Will prob be here in a couple days and I will comment on whether, despite its lack of accessories, is value for money.
Yeah, mine got shipped yesterday too. I should have shopped around more and got it at Toy wave; then again, it might have worked out the same after shipping *wince*.

I'll let you know what the 'gift' is that comes included. Maybe it's a sticker?
I hoping for gloves or perhaps a little nifty 'pewter' statue or something? Is there no wiff of what it could be?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer