Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
I am guilty of not owning a single SOC, if that's what you're gettin' at.
I am guilty of not owning a single Mazinger...unless you count the 1901 version or that paper model that needs to be built.
The only Mazinger I have (Not including the Maz ladies or Revoltech Mazinkaiser) is the GT-01 THE Chogokin version.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Anyone have a clue what the 'gift' is with the Big O pre-order at Angolz? A pair of gloves perhaps? Please let it be a pair of chogokin gloves..
Some are suggesting a crystal display base.
crap, so I jumped the gun pre-ordering from HLJ?
Still, I dig the description they posted:

"It's showtime" The iron giant Big-O will finally get the coveted SOC action figure treatment that fans have been wishing for! This massive 22cm die-cast metal figure will be produced under close supervision from the original Big-O mecha designer Keiichi Satou to ensure accurate detailing. It will feature slide action Strike Piles on both arms to recreate its Sudden Impact move, and will come with parts for its Cannon Party and Missile Party. Optional hands with movable fingers, and a custom display stand will also be provided.

Can't wait to see more pics. I hope they include the rocket anchors too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 01:37AM by RedAleseides.
I was going to pre-order mine from BBTS but if others are giving away "prizes" maybe I'll reconsider.
I'm hoping for O Thunder parts too.
Big O pics. Now in Technicolor.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

[www.toysdaily.com]
Attachments:
open | download - ap20090611011207721jpg.jpg (28.6 KB)
More GX-45 Galleries.

[gsr.seesaa.net]

[gamu-toys.info]

Sweetness.
delta_7890 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm hoping for O Thunder parts too.

I also hope for the O Thunder parts, but judging by the pics, it looks like a no go. Additionally, it seems they aren't doing the foot garage either :( They could have given us a swappable, hollow foot for the garage door gimmick (my gunbuster has swapable feet). But I can see how the O Thunder gimmick would be tough, much like the Final Stage cannon. And no rocket anchor either (sorry, I grew up on Starblazers.)

Pics look great, and even if it doesn't have the other gimmicks I love, this is still a must have for me. I still wonder what that special gift will be.

my precious...
Runaphen Wrote:
> More GX-45 Galleries.
>
> [gsr.seesaa.net]
>
> [gamu-toys.info]
>
>
> Sweetness.

Well, now I'm 100% sure the Shin Mazinger was designed by Ken Ishikawa, the same guy who designed the Getters in the manga... here is proof:

Mangas by Ken Ishikawa...

Don't believe what Bandai says about Shin Mazinger being their original design, because as you can see above, that is not true.

}D
Wasn't Shin Mazinger designed by someone in PLEX? I'm confused...
Apparently not...

}D
RedAleseides Wrote:
> delta_7890 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm hoping for O Thunder parts too.
>
>
> I also hope for the O Thunder parts, but judging
> by the pics, it looks like a no go. Additionally,
> it seems they aren't doing the foot garage either
> :( They could have given us a swappable, hollow
> foot for the garage door gimmick (my gunbuster has
> swapable feet). But I can see how the O Thunder
> gimmick would be tough, much like the Final Stage
> cannon. And no rocket anchor either (sorry, I grew
> up on Starblazers.)
>
> Pics look great, and even if it doesn't have the
> other gimmicks I love, this is still a must have
> for me. I still wonder what that special gift will
> be.
>
> my precious...

I doubt that's everything, Bandai nearly always drip feeds features and information to keep the hype up. In fact I'd say that they are masters of that art. At the very least you can see that it defintely does have a foot garage, there's a door in teh foot, it actually has one in each foot which perplexes me a tad but never mind.

Pinat job is amazingly good, having that the original designer on board seems to be nothing but a good thing.

It's a bit shorter then I would have liked but then it'll be cheaper too so I can deal with that, September is good too. Skipping the SRW guys and getting Big O now.
I can't get over how awesome the paint job looks on the Big O, a perfect metallic gunmetal finish....and from the looks of things it looks like the parts of the skirt armor where the anchors come out of are separate pieces so maybe there will be rocket anchors after all?
I got the GX-24N Tetsujin in the mail today. I didn't realise how much metal this guy actually consists of. I really like him and he sure stands out amongst the of the chogokin.

So apart from the paint, he's also void of the electrics and the kid. But everything else is exactly the same.

However it does have a little piece of paper inside the box. I was wondering if someone could help me out and translate it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 04:56AM by eitlobsaboo.
Attachments:
open | download - mysteryGX-24N.jpg (39.7 KB)
Something about holding the GX-24N in both hands while shuffling across thick carpet. Pretty sure it's something about that.

I'd like it if Big O came with 1/35th scale pewter statuettes of Roger and Dorothy; like the pilot figures that have come with some of the other GD and GX figures. Sadly unlikely.
Runaphen Wrote:

>
> I'd like it if Big O came with 1/35th scale pewter
> statuettes of Roger and Dorothy; like the pilot
> figures that have come with some of the other GD
> and GX figures. Sadly unlikely.

I'm not a big ltd. black version type, but getting those pilot figures was alluring to me. Anyone think they'll do a black version of Big-O?

According to the July Issue of Dengeki, the Big-O article mentions something about the skirt armor & moby dick anchor.
MattAlt (Admin)
I was wondering if someone could help me out and translate it.

It says the product uses the same tray as another product, so that there may be empty spaces that were used in the other product but not the current one. So please compare the parts against the instruction manual and not the holes in the tray.
Hahaha

Runaphen Wrote:
> Something about holding the GX-24N in both hands
> while shuffling across thick carpet. Pretty sure
> it's something about that.

Thanks a bunch Matt. Much appreciated.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
Attachments:
open | download - wvx5dj.jpg (159.2 KB)
Fucking figures. Put in an order for GX-45 Mazinger and THIS happens.
Is that the model kit or an add-on for the SOC?
It's a new SOC. You can the seams in the torso where the Torso opens up for the head to fold in. There are also depressions behind the shoulders which you can't see in this pic that allow the arms to fold back.
Really, this was the best way to do it; make a solid Maz with classic scrander for the people who just wanted an update on the old design, then release another that's capable of the God Scrander transformation.

Right now I'm more excited for the standard one with the classic scrander, but I could see myself buying the God Scrander version as well.

Hell, the new show is a pretty effective toy commercial for me, each episode leaves me wanting to bash some robot toys together. Aflodai, Great, Boss, I'd likely buy them all.
Well snap. Guess I'll have to get both too then. One to battle Battle Fever Robo and the other be a giant fist for my sex parti...display shelf. For my display shelf.
[www.toysdaily.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 09:10AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 2s9xb8x.jpg (81 KB)
open | download - daretocompare.jpg (419.3 KB)
Fist mode looks great, but the robot mode is just lacking..

Ultimately I like the "classic" GX-45 better. :D
The transforming Maz has too much of a protruding chest.. or his head is set too far back.. it looks odd.
I'd *gladly* take someone's GX-45 off their hands if they wanted the transforming version instead! I really do need to grab that sucker...

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
So... Go Nagai x Addams Family? Heh.

Seriously, I love the wackiness of the fist mode. Would look great next to my Gunmajin 'Easter Island Head' 'bot. But... the robot looks like it would be right at home next to the transforming KR Decade Heisei riders! Hmmm...
New version of Combattler V
[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]
[www.toysdaily.com]
Some SOC magazine scans. Big O, Maz, Tekkaman...

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

And... is that a huge sofubi Zeus?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 04:57PM by Runaphen.
That scan on toysdaily (the blue area w/ white font) mentions something about a 'special set' available on the tamashii website. And there are a couple exclamation points, meaning I should want it--but feel bad b/c it's probably a Japan exclusive.

I wonder if this is related or separate from the special gift mentioned on Angolz?
oh god. Big-O looks so good...
I know it's a little late, and many ppl are passing the Tekkaman Blade by, but something has been bugging me.

Didn't Pegas have yellow eyes?
Tekkaman Blade looks nice! So does Big O.

Why does that Mazinger transform into a hand?
MattAlt (Admin)
>>Why does that Mazinger transform into a hand?

Why does Gaiking transform into a "samurai skull?"
Hard to believe, but SOC Combattler V is over ten years old. Didn't it originally come out in 1999?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
MattAlt Wrote:
> >>Why does that Mazinger transform into a hand?
>
> Why does Gaiking transform into a "samurai skull?"

Mazinger transforms into a giant rocket punch (and hand) in the new Shin Mazinger series. Yeah, it is stupid, but Bandai wanted to cash in on the new Transformers fad.

Gaiking does not transform into a skull... Daiku Maryu's head transforms into Gaiking. Get it right dude!

}D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer