Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
That's a very pretty Mazinger but why is he teal now?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Daioja looks incredible. Is it as solid as it looks or is it floppy/fiddly to handle?
[gamu-toys.info]

70's robots are really complex
@Paul - Devilman colors. It's the 40th Anniversary for both Devilman and Mazinger, so they did a mashup.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> @Paul - Devilman colors. It's the 40th Anniversary
> for both Devilman and Mazinger, so they did a
> mashup.

Sweet. I wonder if Marmit could drag out their old Heavy Gokin Devilman and produce it in Mazinger colors :y

-Paul Segal

Shit...I would buy that!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Daioja looks incredible. Is it as solid as it
> looks or is it floppy/fiddly to handle?

The transformation is a little fiddly but nothing major, just because of the transformation there's a lot of sliding of parts and a lot of the figure is held together by tabs. The individual robots do feel hollow and a little top heavy but that's because of the transformation and that a couple are literally standing on their heads in combined mode. Still a very impressive toy and feels solid in combined mode and is quite large, I will say the optional Anime correct parts for the lower legs don't stay on too well. I've seen the same problem in other reviews so its probably a design flaw.
chen Wrote:
>
> The individual robots do feel hollow and a little top
> heavy but that's because of the transformation and
> that a couple are literally standing on their heads
> in combined mode.

That's actually brilliant.

-Paul Segal

That Mazinger is a SRC and not a SOC, it's a exclusive like the Wajima SRC Mazinger.
Man, when you decide that the last SOC was going to be the last one due to space and money..
Daioja comes out and teases you..
Some quick pics to show Daioja's relative size.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0025.JPG (224.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0026.JPG (207.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0027.JPG (185.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_0028.JPG (220.2 KB)
Danguard looks better without the wing on his back...imho. I never even tried it when I had mine, but it makes him seem less "hulking" somehow.
Anonymous User
I just picked up my GX-61 a couple of days ago. It's a rather sweet toy and I'm very happy I decided to change my mind about buying it. So here's my little rant:

Red robot:
This guy's almost 100% plastic except for a thin layer of diecast covering the front of his chest (behind the removeable chestpiece) and back. And oh, the joints. He's very light, but very poseable. Rachet joints all over. When combining, the legs retract and bottom half of his body folds backwards and forms a 'backpack'. You have the option of removing this to give Dioja a more streamlined look.

Torso robot:
The whole body is diecast (NICE!). Most joints and connecting bars are diecast as well. The limbs however, are all plastic. Poseability is OK. Not the best looking chap, but he's still prettier than his Clover DX counterpart. His arms are rotated sideways 180 degrees (inwards) to form the thigh joint for Dioja -ingenious! The legs do the same but outwards to form Dioja's giant arms. There's a diecast bar that connects them together.

Leg robot:
Ugliest in the lot, with the worst poseability among the 3 as well. He's got diecast chest (but again, a rather thin layer) and diecast lower legs (below the knee). However, I still love the way he is engineered. His key feature is the way he transforms into Dioja's legs. Push in his thigh joints to conceal them and pull his upper torso to reveal Dioja's ankle joints in the combined form. Fold down his skirt and it forms Dioja's knee pads. The lower leg, when rotated upside down, actually forms Dioja's thighs. There's a cavity inside this portion which allows it to encapsulate Dioja's thigh joints formed by the torso robot's arms as described above. It slides in and locks nicely. Sweet!

Dioja:
The combined form is nicely proportioned and decently poseable. However, the thighs have a btter movement range sideways and restricted range frontwards/backwards. The whole robot has a decent heft thanks to the (slightly decent amount of) diecast, but nowhere close to Godmars'.

I like the accessories that allow you to make him look more anime accurate (e.g. shoulder pads, leg armor pieces, etc.). They're easy to attach and makes him look very streamlined. Even without them, the combined mode looks very nice & convincing.

I prefer Godsigma because purely of aesthetics, but still strongly recommend Dioja because it's more fun to transform. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer