Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
I think it looks sweet but I think what you guys are getting turned off about is the yellow. It's a mustard yellow where it could have been a lighter pearl yellow, still that's one fantastic figure. Plus I wouldn't count on any re-paints, the only re-paints of the large SOC's was the black Com-Battler and the Respect for Voltes re-color so basically two out of 12-13 large SOC's in the last 10+ years.
> I'll have to wait
> for the inevitable recolor.

Huh? This is a SOC, not gunpla.
don't forget the dancougar recolor variant.

the gaiking also has a re-color
with the SoC daltanious, they should have figured out a way to get rid of the front legs instead of just sticking them in the back. It just looks ugly.
[www.youtube.com]

Well, considering how much "anime magic" there is in the combination, I don't think there was a way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Whoops my bad forgot about Dancouga, but actually now that I think about it wasn't there a rare black version of the old Daltanius figure? Bandai MAY do that with this new one but I don't know how well they sell, didn't the black Reideen basically become a flop with stores dumping them?
Fuck yes. Oh yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 08:09AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 1298446340357.jpg (357.3 KB)
Anonymous User
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuck yes. Oh yes.
>
>
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Haven't wanted an SOC in a while, but this one looks great. Right up there with God Mars.

More serious than thou
Let me guess, that Dragoon from Dragonar is going to ANOTHER Tamashi web exclusive.

Sad because the SOC SPEC line had huge potential and started so in the beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
fujikuro Wrote:
> Runaphen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fuck yes. Oh yes.
> > [toyboxdx.com]
>
> Haven't wanted an SOC in a while, but this one
> looks great. Right up there with God Mars.

Godsigma!? Absatively! So, please forgive this question (which may result from my illiteracy), but when When WHEN?

Thanks, Ken-A

Ken, you can't read? It says "1980" right there. ^ ;)
Man this thing looks good.

I have a love/hate relationship with these teaser pics.

I love them because it shows a new toy and I hate them because I spend ages staring at them trying to work out the transformation.
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Ken, you can't read? It says "1980" right there. ^
> ;)

Um, no, I can't. >>sobs<<
Anonymous User
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> Man this thing looks good.
>
> I have a love/hate relationship with these teaser
> pics.
>
> I love them because it shows a new toy and I hate
> them because I spend ages staring at them trying
> to work out the transformation.

Except for the middle robot (Thunder King), I don't think the transformation would be radically different from the 1980 version (unlike Godmars & Daimos). Not very much anime magic in this one - just check out the transformation sequence in Youtube. I was suprised the Popy/Godaikin version was able to pull it off nicely for Ocean & Earth Kings at least!

That said, I doubt even with advanced engineering found in the SOC, there's no way Thunder King can conceal the big fists inside his feet like the anime - they're just way too big to fit inside. But we'll see, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 12:08PM by Amuro-Ray.
Shit, man, that God Sigma looks uh-mazing.

If the engineering's solid, it'll definitely live up to the promise of this childhood sticker from ages past:

Just when I thought I was done with SOCs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 12:57AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - 100_2035.jpg (99.2 KB)
Yeah SOCs are kind of like the mafia...you think your done and out and then....BAM...ya got no choice....
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'll stay strong for both of y'all...go nuts! ;)
A couple more pics of Daltanius and God Sigma, I haven't been this excited about consecutive SOC releases in a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 05:45PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - daltgs.jpg (162.4 KB)
open | download - dalt.jpg (126.6 KB)
They look gorgeous, but I am really wondering how these will sell. They are both fucktons of money most people don't have AND some of the most expensive SOCs to date.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Yeah I know, there not as expensive as GX-46 (29,400YEN compared to 23,100YEN and 24,150YEN respectively) but these are the first two SOC's where I actually took a risk and pre-ordered them from Amiami. With the usual 20-25% discount on pre-orders and the unusually high Canadian dollar these were ALMOST justifiable, as is these are pure guilty pleasures.
More God Sigma and Daltanious pics. Damn you bandai! CHROME LEGS! DO IT NOW!

[gigahobby.blogspot.com]
The lucky thing for me is I know that SOCs are still widely available for OK prices in the secondary market. Come Xmas time, I'll be able to nab a God Sigma for about retail price.

More serious than thou
chen Wrote:
these are pure guilty pleasures.

Yep. Cheaper than a drug addiction is what I tell myself.

Preordered Daltanious and God Sigma over the weekend.. GAPING hole in my wallet..
Some more pics of the individual parts of God Sigma.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]
Thanks Chen. Hmmm. The underside of foot shot for Thunder King does show what looks like the storage of Sigma Punch afterall. Or, at least they colored the components in the foot to look like the original idea.
Those pics really help sell it.
I just preordered Daltanious and a reissue of Yamato... must resist Daltanious...

Also, I'm not even a big Dragonar fan and I kinda want this web exclusive:

[p-bandai.jp]
Oh sweet! A flame sword!
Received mine and it's a great piece, not as heavy as I thought it would but very solid.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 05:21PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0982.jpg (192.5 KB)
pre-ordered God Sigma. first SOC in a long time i've been this excited for..

It was my buddy Dustin's vintage version that he's had since a wee lad that did it. Now I want the vintage one as well.

GOD SIGMA SOC vs Vintage by toybot studios, on Flickr
Sanjeev (Admin)
Kirkland, PM me.

Also, tell Dustin I said hi! ;)
The Daltanious and God Sigma look awesome can't wait till I receive mine.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
toybotstudios Wrote:
> pre-ordered God Sigma. first SOC in a long time
> i've been this excited for..
>
> It was my buddy Dustin's vintage version that he's
> had since a wee lad that did it. Now I want the
> vintage one as well.
>
> [farm6.static.flickr.com]
> c1ecd23_z.jpg
> GOD SIGMA SOC vs Vintage by toybot studios, on
> Flickr

HOLY!! Great to see that Kirkland! Funny to see Dustin holding his favorite vintage piece. I totally don't associate him with da vintage. Last time we hung out at my pad he told me the whole story. So awesome! Hope to see you guys at the S7 10th anniversary party on Sat night. Should be cool. E
fujishig Wrote:
> I just preordered Daltanious and a reissue of
> Yamato... must resist Daltanious...
>
> Also, I'm not even a big Dragonar fan and I kinda
> want this web exclusive:
>
> [p-bandai.jp]
> 753/

I meant that I preordered God Sigma, and must resist Daltanious... every time amiami gets it back in stock, I'm tempted, but the higher pricetag plus the insane exchange rate (and my obsession with figuarts) makes me pause.

So with Daltanious and God Sigma coming out, what's left to redo for the old Popy chogokins? I think that was the last of my cherished childhood Popy toys, if we take out the three Voltron-related series and all the Sentai/Space Sheriff stuff. Well, there's still Laserion and Bismark. Other companies did Baldios, Dangard Ace, and Gordian. And I remember some robot made up of stereo equipment with a human head on a TV for a head... though that probably wasn't a Chogokin. Anything else? I can't really think of any.

Darnit, maybe I will just get Daltanious...
Erik,

missed you on Sat. It was fun. I'm afraid the vintage bug has finally caught up with me. I just purchased that Ark Red King on eBay. Looking for Godaikin everyday....

searching for SOC God Mars for a reasonable price too.

k
fujishig- you are forgetting about D17, mach baron and even though no chogo was made, red baron. How cool would a D17, D18 combo set like what they did with T-28/black ox would be? D18 has not gotten any chogo treatment yet. Was there a vinyl made over the years? Not being a vinyl guy I have no idea. The only rendition I have of D18 is the small gashapon version.

Mach Baron and Red Baron would be excellent candidates for smaller SoCs. Big Dai X hasn't gotten the modern treatment yet nor has Govarian. The much talked about Galvion would be a cool candidate for Soc Spec perhaps?

Even Magma Taishi might be a cool SoC. A rainbow man robo chogo would be neat, as that was a property that did not get a lot of toys (it was crappy after all)

I am surprised that Dougram hasn't seen a re-vamp either. If Dragonar can get a re-vamp the infinitely superior Dougram should.

It is weird that CMs made the gordian. I thought that the old Takara licenses were made by CMs (Gaogaiger series, the magnemo robots gakeen, barattack, the upcoming jeeg) while the clover licenses were made in the Soc series, Iron Gear, Zambot Daitarn. The takatoku licenses haven't been raided too much yet. CMs has done a bunch of the timeBokan toys and Goshogun and dorvack. Obviously which line has what toy depends on what sells and who the target market is, but there are certain trends maybe?
<Mach Baron and Red Baron would be excellent candidates for smaller SoCs>

Wholeheartedly agree.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer