Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
I dont think i seen the specs posted yet...well at least the cross section I guess.
Attachments:
open | download - daltanius.jpg (182.8 KB)

Godsigma. Awesome.
Hell has frozen and Bandai have teamed up with Studio Halfeye to bring us (a hopefully affordable) Escaflowne!

Amaazing timing for me, I've been wanting an escaflowne for years but I'd never actually seen the show, it just got a super bargain basement release here which I picked up and finished watching just yesterday.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, it doesn't actually say SOC but I thought it'd please the peeps in this thread the most.
Fort Max Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amaazing timing for me, I've been wanting an
> escaflowne for years but I'd never actually seen
> the show, it just got a super bargain basement
> release here which I picked up and finished
> watching just yesterday.

I couldn't sit through the show long enough to see the robot-thingy actually do anything. Why does it transform?
Gcrush Wrote:
> I couldn't sit through the show long enough to see
> the robot-thingy actually do anything. Why does
> it transform?

Because it's COOL.

That's ... kind of the extent of it. It sort of functions as a means of transportation for the main characters, as well, but mostly it spends its time as a robot.

... and it figures, I JUST bought the Yamato Escaflowne.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait, I don't get it: wasn't the Yamato Esca based pretty much *directly* on the SHE version? So...does that mean Bandai's gonna take up production of the same design (and just NOT fuck up the manufacture?) or is it gonna be a whole new sculpt/tooling?

Oh...and is it officially gonna be an SoC? Not that that matters, I guess.

G, you didn't like the cartoon? I loved it. Definitely in my top-five favorites...but this is coming from a dude who can't stomach most anime...so take it with a grain of salt!

Anyway, if this ends up being a solid, fun toy, I'm most def buying the motherfucker!

[By they way, Beralios' mane looks kinda awful. The mostly uniform brown just looks dull. I like the more firey blended orange on the Godaikin better. And the sword looks totally boring, too...but I'm guessing it's way more cartoon accurate.]
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Wait, I don't get it: wasn't the Yamato Esca based
> pretty much *directly* on the SHE version?
> So...does that mean Bandai's gonna take up
> production of the same design (and just NOT fuck
> up the manufacture?) or is it gonna be a whole new
> sculpt/tooling?
>
> Oh...and is it officially gonna be an SoC? Not
> that that matters, I guess.
>
> Anyway, if this ends up being a solid, fun toy,
> I'm most def buying the motherfucker!
>
>

Well, having both the Yamato and SHE versions I can say that the Bandai one is definitely not a direct copy of the original, but it shares a lot in common with them. I'd say it's probably a redesign/refinement that probably uses a lot of the same transformation, without being a slavish direct copy like the Yamato was.

Regardless, this is something I've been dreaming of for a long time.
You know the saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Well, that's how feel about seeing drawings of that God Sigma. Remember when they showed of drawings for an SOC Daidenjin but nothing ever came?

And why isn't anyone talking about the new Tobikage with Houraiou release? It looks great.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Hellequin Wrote:
> Gcrush Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I couldn't sit through the show long enough to
> see
> > the robot-thingy actually do anything. Why
> does
> > it transform?
>
> Because it's COOL.
>
> That's ... kind of the extent of it. It sort of
> functions as a means of transportation for the
> main characters, as well, but mostly it spends its
> time as a robot.
>
> ... and it figures, I JUST bought the Yamato
> Escaflowne.

Yeah, that's about the face of it, it's like the Zeta Gundam in that transforms to get around quicker and because doing so makes it special compared to everyone else's.
These look like hand painted protos. For those who have 'Soul of Chogokin' added on facebook, there are more up close pics. We should expect a more Godaikin themed one with chrome legs and such. It'd be too easy to do and milk more money out of nostalgia. Anime accurate for Italians. Toy accurate for Collectors. :P
I loved the Escaflowne TV series... until it fell apart at the end with poor animation and a crappy, rushed finale, but ah well. Pretty typical problem for anime.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 03:49PM by Ginrai.
I've only seen the heavily edited terrible Fox Kids version of Escaflowne. I liked the movie even though it was a retelling.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Runaphen Wrote:
> Godsigma. Awesome.

Yes Yes Yes! Bandai is listening! (or they better be ..)
I command that this must happen for real.

As to the Escaflowne, before it can move, it needs BLLUUUUDDDD!!!! ;0p
I think the first time it comes out to figtht
[www.youtube.com]
Interesting...is this the first time Halfeye's teamed up with Bandai?

Escaflowne (the show) was one of my favorites, too.
Only thing that would make this news better would be if they were to make Alen's 'melf and possibly a few others from the show. Long shot I'm sure but I've always had a soft spot for some of the grunts and one shot mecha that appeared.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 11:52PM by Kwesi K..
I'd looooove to have some Alseides for Escaflowne to massacre.
SSSooooooooo Escaflowne.... FUCKIT! You're missing the real meat! BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM AND DESPAIR!!

Perfect change Getter!
I was going to bitch about the lack of chrome, but, already having a Godaikin Daltanious, theres something really appealing about the anime colored SOC. Must buy, for sure.

Godsigma is also awesome. Glad to see they're finally hitting some of those glaring gaps in the lineup.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
HELLZ YESSS TO GODSIGMA! Oh and Daltanious looks neat too.. The colours will sure break up the red, blue, yellow & silver that litters my shelves.. Oh wait no it won't..
I think the stand to the left of the escaflowne is just a display of SHE's works for people who are attending Tamashi Nation yet are somehow unfamiliar with them.

I do hope it's indicative of Bandai's intent though, a mass produced perfect change getter, would have ever seen that coming.

I'd love to see them do the Shin Getters, Dangaioh, Godannar and Grungust too.
I'm speaking for Mario of course, but what's that little Getter G Dragun in the above pic?
Fort Max Wrote:
> Hell has frozen and Bandai have teamed up with
> Studio Halfeye to bring us (a hopefully
> affordable) Escaflowne!
>
> [farm5.static.flickr.com]
> af3b137_b.jpg
> [farm5.static.flickr.com]
> a805dae_b.jpg
>

In the first pic, the little table tent for Escaflowne has the Chogokin logo. I don't think this will be released under SOC, but the Chogokin sub-series that God Reideen and Aquarion were released under.

I am very excited by the prospect of SHE lending the design plans and Bandai carrying out the manufacturing/resources. I was sad when SHE closed their doors, so hopefully this will bring about a new wave of awesome transformable figures: Dangaioh, Maneuver Blade (Viper's Creed Bike), Cybuster, Perfect Change Getter & Shin Getter...etc.

I thought the Esca TV series was great, and the movie was f*d up--but awesome organic re-imagined designs (guyver like). The red jewel on Escaflowne's chest (clutched in dragon claw) is the "heart". Van, the pilot/prince, killed a dragon, stole its drag energist ("heart"), cut is finger with a knife, dripped blood on drag energist and put it into the jewel. Less painful of a process than the movie version--which was more of spike torture chamber.

H-man Wrote:
> I'm speaking for Mario of course, but what's that
> little Getter G Dragun in the above pic?

The smaller Getters are the Simple Change Getters; less expensive, less complex and probably a tad bit smaller.

Getter 2: [www.hlj.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
RedAleseides Wrote:
> ...the prospect of SHE lending
> the design plans and Bandai carrying out the
> manufacturing/resources.

Yeah, this seems likely what's going on. The placard says "Chogokin X SHE". "X", as I understand it, is Japan cool for "versus" or, ironically, a collaboration between the two. Vincent will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Sanjeev Wrote:
"X", as Ivunderstand it, is Japan cool for "versus" or, ironically, a collaboration between the two.

Yeah you see this a lot with designer toys when artists team up.
"X" is also used in taxonomy to indicate a cross (hybrid) between two species.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
And of course, prevalent in the word, "roXXorz".
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> Sanjeev Wrote:
> "X", as Ivunderstand it, is Japan cool for
> "versus" or, ironically, a collaboration between
> the two.
>
> Yeah you see this a lot with designer toys when
> artists team up.

At least it's better than the Medicom/Bandai moniker: Project BM!
MattAlt (Admin)
SOC (or whatever) Nausicaa Gunship!

[patrickmacias.blogs.com]

(I just hope they mass-produce that human-sized rocket punch, too...)
I'm not sure if it actually belongs in this thread or not, but since we're on the topic of cool aircraft, does anyone know what the deal is with that Gutswing-1 that was on display with the Ultraman stuff? I can't seem to find any info on it, whether it's a planned model kit, a new toy, something for the Soul of Popynica line, or what?
okay, nevermind. I've managed to find out what the deal is with the new Ultraman vehicles. They're a part of a new line called Ultride Mechanics World, or UMW. There isn't much info on them, but Apparently 4 aircraft were shown, though from what I gather, photography was prohibited which is why there isn't much buzz about them. The first four ships for the line are Guts Wing-01, Guts Wing-02, and XIG fighters SS and SG. I'm really looking forward to these. The old toys of all four of those were decent, but really didn't do the designs the justice they deserved.
MattAlt (Admin)
>>Gutswing-1 that was on display with the Ultraman stuff?

It was a prop, I believe.
The one with the landing gear deployed was a prop, yes, but somebody snuck this image, which appears to be the prototype/production model.

You can tell them apart due to the fact that this one A)has a display stand and B)has a completely different cockpit with transparent canopy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2010 10:13PM by Marasai.
Attachments:
open | download - Gutswing.jpg (38.7 KB)
I guess people skipped on the Tobikage stuff, or did I miss the discussion?

Cracked open my Tobikage and Kurojishi set. Now Kurojishi was the one Tobikage toy I didn't have when I was a kid (I had Houraio and my brother had Bakuryu), so I have no idea how it compares to the original, but my first impression wasn't that favorable. Tobikage, when he folds up, isn't very solid... it took a lot of fiddling to get him into the lion, lining up his feet with the back of the lion. The old toy, which was of course much less complex, had the arms fold into the hollow legs, and the thing was a brick and easy to plop into the bigger robots (plus it came with a "fake" folded up piece so you could display the animals and leave Tobikage out). And Kurojishi's shoulder and leg joints seem really, really tight; I'm afraid I'll break them by forcing them to rotate. Both of them look really cool, though, and as usual I haven't broken out all of the accessories yet.

Houraio just arrived, so I'm going to open him up and see if he compares favorably... anyone else have any impressions?
Houraio is a much more fun robot than Kurojishi - the transformation is clever and the figure manages to be solid without being as excessively tight as Kurojishi. Just be wary of the spike details on the back of his legs, as they're fully capable of drawing blood, and be wary of the fins that fold down the back of his arms as they can get caught inside of his claw details and potentially get ripped off if you carelessly rotate his arms with the fins trapped.

The bird mode is awesomely done and very impressive. I don't care much for the super poseable Tobikage, though. A little too overly stylized for my tastes.
Daltanias preorder at Amiami, showing possible release of late April 2011, for retail of 22000 yen, but discounted of course. [www.amiami.jp]
Some more trade show pics have popped up that look great.And a short vid floating from a recent Italian event I believe? [it.tinypic.com]
Some folks were all in a tizzy seeing the lion's legs sticking out the back, but it was just for shelf support at the show. There's plenty of space for the legs to actuall fold up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2010 11:52PM by repairtechjon.
Answer to the "controversial"

[ga.sbcr.jp]

Is that GaoGaiGar's great great grandfather or something, I always thought GGG was pretty imaginative but looking at Daltanious here it suddenly seems considerably less so.
like lil cherub wings.
Fort Max Wrote:
> Is that GaoGaiGar's great great grandfather or
> something, I always thought GGG was pretty
> imaginative but looking at Daltanious here it
> suddenly seems considerably less so.

You could say that. "Dalty" here was the first of the Lion-Head Chest Robots. Between that and GGG, there's been a handful of others.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer