Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
Mine shipped yesterday as well. Should have it by Monday or so.
We'll get a look at Daitarn 3 soon.

[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]
Can't wait to see some actual prototypes of Daitarn! As for the Hong Kong gift it'll probably be one of those glass cubes with a laser etched image of Big-O.
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We'll get a look at Daitarn 3 soon.
>
> [ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]
> hii-unit-with-wings-to-be.html

Does it come with these accessories?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 12:24PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - daitarn-iii_400.jpg (117.6 KB)
Big O came.. And well.. For starters I was more excited to know what the "gift" was.. but I think it was face-palming myself.. because my box contained none.. MASSIVE HUFF... NICE ONE ANGOLZ.. I'll be writing them a disgruntled email shortly.. It better not be the authorized hologram hong kong distrution sticker on the back of the box..

So to the 'big' guy himself.. He's about the same height as Great Impact Gurren Lagann or SOC Reideen (if you count Reideens pointy bits).. and he's wider than.. well everything.. Even Dancougars shoulders.. His arms are massive.

The lack of the gift has put me in a bad mood.. the chromed piston rod things in his arms aren't metal. Which was a disappointment.. also his ankle guard bits flap in the wind.. I can't see why it wasn't just molded as part as the rest of the foot.. Weird.

Also the lack of accessories didn't really bother me at the time of purchase.. but after taking him out of the box.. it feels really empty. The option set really should have been included. But if they included a little figure of Roger Smith (ala GX-24 Testujin) that would have satisfied me.

Otherwise he's a fairly solid piece.. He balances well, all the joints are firm enough for whatever pose. He kind of feels like Gaiking how his legs extend out. The paint app is of typical high quality of a SOC and the metallic colour reminds me much of GX-24.

I've got the series on DVD, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, so I can't comment on anime accurancy and/or signature poses..

There are things i've probably missed, but I'll leave that to others..

*UPDATE*

I sent an email shortly after posting and a couple hours later Angolz had replied back with an answer:

"The gift was manufactured by Bandai-Asia, it wasn't released at the same time when we get the actual SOC Big-O. To avoid any delay, we decided to send out the SOC Big-O first.
We received the gift yesterday from the distributor and we have just send it out in a separate shipment by Air Mail today."

Seems weird that they sent them separately. That would be costly for them. Anyhow, I'm now a happy customer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 06:22AM by eitlobsaboo.
Wow! NICE!! Nice high quality pics really show how impressive he is!

Thanks for the link,Much appreciated!

Runaphen Wrote:
> Showtime.
>
> [schizophonic9.blog103.fc2.com]
> 1.html

Showtime indeed.
Wow really impressive, and great poses. Due to the lack of funds, I actually had to cancel my pre-order of him. I'll guess I'll have to wait and see. Man after seeing this photos now I really want him.
Are the pistons metal?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Bringing out the Big Guns!

And no, the pistons are just chrome plastic. They're spring-loaded, and pretty strong, so I don't think you'd want them constantly snapping into the arm housing. Frankly I don't generally believe in metal for metal's sake. Big-O has enough diecast content to give it plenty of heft.
So awesome...I can't wait for it to arrive. I wonder what the chances are of Bandai releasing a Big Duo too? Seeing how much trouble they put us through with Big-O, I suspect very slim.
RedAleseides Wrote:
> I wonder what the chances are of Bandai releasing a
> Big Duo too?

They'll sell you the core body without any arms or a head for $120 and the missing parts will be available three months later as a Teriyaki-Web exclusive for $60.
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
>> *UPDATE*
>
> I sent an email shortly after posting and a couple
> hours later Angolz had replied back with an
> answer:

Thanks for emailing them, I just received an email from them regardin the gift. They must have received a couple of complaints :)
If Big O's arm pistons had been metal, My assumption is that metal would have added too much weight to the arms giving it uneven weight distribution which would obviously affect posing ability of the arms.
I just hope the chromed plastic don't go funny like my Masterpiece Megatron..
GX-49 Mahjinga

[www.toysdaily.com]
...whoops!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 01:34PM by kiriko.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Runaphen Wrote:
> GX-49 Mahjinga
>
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html

It's just SO fucking weird, I want it! A toy fist! Who knew?
Runaphen Wrote:
> GX-49 Mahjinga
>
> [www.toysdaily.com].
> html

I'm not buying until I see photos of SOC Mazinger-as-giant-hand gently caressing a woman's face.

For scale reference, of course.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
By face you mean boob, right?
The fact that you think that belies your own lacking sense of subtlety. There are many existing classics of Zaku(etc)-on-boob photography, and more are always welcome, but a machine that is a hand, an intricately personal symbol, demands a human, animistic treatment, not the raw, lustful adoration of the pure object.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
> a machine that is a
> hand, an intricately personal symbol, demands a
> human, animistic treatment, not the raw, lustful
> adoration of the pure object.

So seeing it slosh around inside some pelvic orifice is off the table?
I think that may depend on the orifice.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> I think that may depend on the orifice.

I'm not picky. It's just that after years of hearing people say, "Bandai screwed us!" I want to literally see. Pony up, y'all!
I wonder what Bandai will think of next? Maybe this whole 'henkei into giant body parts' is a sign of things to come?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 03:57PM by RedAleseides.
For those not boycotting the release, a warning: The preorder for the Big-O Expansion Parts set closes on October 5th.
I picked up a T-28 on fire sale. Hefty, hefty, hefty. But even with all the pop-out jointage (crotch, hips, ankles) I still cannot get its legs to spread laterally more than a few degrees. Product photos on the box and internet seem to show quite a bit more movement there at the hips than what I'm getting. And the mid-chest joint seems useless. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Same goes for Black Ox. I seriously cannot pose the lower body in any sort of stable configuration aside from standing at attention. Bummer. But the peel-away face is hella creepy cool. It's what a Jawa skull must look like. Dig it.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
Attachments:
open | download - ap_20090926051206890.jpg (62.6 KB)
open | download - ap_20090926051158859.jpg (36.4 KB)
HA HA, Aoishima is fucked!

I really hope for an SOC Shin Getter now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
SOC Shin Dragon would be awesome too. Preferably without the "dragon" lower body.
Sanjeev (Admin)
delta_7890 Wrote:
> SOC Shin Dragon would be awesome too. Preferably
> without the "dragon" lower body.

Ah, but think of how cool it would be if it came with the dragon, but the robot on top could be removed!

Actually, now that I think of it, I'd rather have the full dragon lower body with an unremovable robot torso on top...IF it meant also getting a Shin Lyger and Shin Poseidon as well.

Anyway, this is all going by the Armageddon cartoon designs. Weren't the video game Shin Getter G designs just regular robots? Sorta like Mazinkaiser-esque updates to the Getter G aesthetic?
Sanjeev Wrote:
> delta_7890 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SOC Shin Dragon would be awesome too.
> Preferably
> > without the "dragon" lower body.
>
>
> Anyway, this is all going by the Armageddon
> cartoon designs. Weren't the video game Shin
> Getter G designs just regular robots? Sorta like
> Mazinkaiser-esque updates to the Getter G
> aesthetic?

Yes, but they only ever designed Shin Getter Dragon in this fashion. They never designed a "normal" Shin Liger or Poseidon. Shin Getter Dragon looks like this:

delta_7890 Wrote:
> Yes, but they only ever designed Shin Getter
> Dragon in this fashion.

Damn that thing is hideous. It looks like Todd McFarlane got a hold of it.
Oh man.. i was really hoping I get a pair of chogokin gloves as the gift..
That Shin Getter Dragon is beyond hideous. It looks like something a wild monkey on booze would create.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 07:25AM by MechaBlazeEagle.
Yall probably already seen this guys blog, but there's a new mook coming out which has another limited coupon only release of a headless Proto Energer Z..

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

..if anything the mook looks like a good visual collection of all things Maz *adds to shopping list*
More GX-51 Getter Dragon pics.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

Handzinger Z galleries.

[shishioh.info]

[robogeki.sakura.ne.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 07:58AM by Runaphen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer