Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
The_Mazinger_Z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, it is stupid, but Bandai wanted to cash in on the new
> Transformers fad.

New? Transforming robots have been around for over 30 years.
Anonymous User
I don't think this "transforming" robot fad is going to catch on.
Transforming robots are dead.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
The_Mazinger_Z Wrote:

>
> Mazinger transforms into a giant rocket punch (and
> hand) in the new Shin Mazinger series. Yeah, it
> is stupid, but Bandai wanted to cash in on the new
> Transformers fad.
>
> Gaiking does not transform into a skull... Daiku
> Maryu's head transforms into Gaiking. Get it
> right dude!
>
> }D

Posting drunk isn't funny. It just makes you look like an ass. More to the point, you have been making quite the habit of it. You're likely killing yourself. Get help.
hillsy Wrote:
> Transforming robots are dead.

Well, robots weren't techinically alive to begin with :P

Good, so i'm not the only one perplexed by the giant fist transformation. Imagine if Voltes V transformed into a giant sword? Now Maz can face off with Gangar, the colossal hand from Giant Robo, and be on equal footing...or f*sting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 02:27PM by RedAleseides.
Attachments:
open | download - GiantRoboEpsPhoto5.jpg (31 KB)
MechaBlazeEagle Wrote:
> Why does that Mazinger transform into a hand?

"The better to fist you with, my dear."
about the giant fist thing: Well, it's Mazinger Z's signature move, and it's way over the top, which is in line with the original. Still haven't watched any of the series, does he have that kibble on his back before he transforms, or is that just for the toy?

Wait, does Aphrodite A transform too?
fujishig Wrote:
> Wait, does Aphrodite A transform too?

Yes. Into a giant missile firing tit.
GX-46 photo review on toysdaily: [www.toysdaily.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
> The_Mazinger_Z Wrote:
>
> >
> > Mazinger transforms into a giant rocket punch
> (and
> > hand) in the new Shin Mazinger series. Yeah,
> it
> > is stupid, but Bandai wanted to cash in on the
> new
> > Transformers fad.
> >
> > Gaiking does not transform into a skull...
> Daiku
> > Maryu's head transforms into Gaiking. Get it
> > right dude!
> >
> > }D
>
>
>
>
> Posting drunk isn't funny. It just makes you look
> like an ass. More to the point, you have been
> making quite the habit of it. You're likely
> killing yourself. Get help.

Wow,a funny member among us! Huh... never mind, I couldn't even make sense of your post to begin with.

At any rate,for the ones that have not seen the series, yes, Shin Mazinger transforms into a giant hand and so will this figure.

}D
Gcrush Wrote:
> fujishig Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wait, does Aphrodite A transform too?
>
>
> Yes. Into a giant missile firing tit.

Or perhaps a tit-firing missile?
Woah.. Dygenguar's swords are awesome..
Box Art for GX-46: [hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com]
That big curved sword makes me want to say "ahsan chop" (Looney Tunes reference).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> That big curved sword makes me want to say "ahsan
> chop" (Looney Tunes reference).

I concur.

Here's another pic of the Big O. I dig that they are keeping it solid and simple.

More stuff at cybergundam: [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
Attachments:
open | download - 20090627ugytfhpg.jpg (384.5 KB)
[toyboxdx.com]

CHESTOOOOOOOOO!
Quick vid of GX-45 Shin Mahjinga: [www.youtube.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
> Quick vid of GX-45 Shin Mahjinga:
> [www.youtube.com]

The toy really is as good as the music would have you believe. I've got nothing but earnest praise for it. It is way more stable and poseable than your grandmother. And at least three times as glorious.

The only minor issues I have are: a) no screw hole covers (what an oversight!); b) the painted shading on the thighs was scratched on mine; c) the arms swivel too freely at the magnetic forearm/upper arm contact point and need to be beefed up. It's a, elegantly simple, poseable, sturdy, and FUN figure. Aoshima could learn a PhD's worth of design and manufacturing expertise if they reverse engineered this thing and improved the same, sad, stale figures they keep pumping out year after year using their decades old Hotwheels technology.

Seriously, GX-45 Shin Mazinger is the best modern chogokin to date. Sell your kid sister and buy one today!
It looks freakin' AWESOME!
I can also vouch for the amazing quality of the GX-45. As others have said, there's a couple issues:

Loose forearms as others have stated. This can be easily fixed by sticking a little bit of tissue into the "socket" to "pad" it.

The Hover Pilder tends to come out of the head rather easily. Haven't tried anything to fix it yet.

The "buckle" of the Jet Scrander unclips very easily. For display, it's not a problem, but if you're setting up a pose, you'll want to put the Scrander on last, or you'll be constantly fighting it. Not sure how to fix it.

Fingerprints: Those gloves are there for a reason. This guy is super shiny and greasy paws are sure to leave visible marks.

Even with those niggling flaws, this is an amazing Chogokin and easily the best Mazinger-Z ever. Blows GX-01R waaaay out of the water. Don't make the mistake of passing this one up.

Now here's hoping we get a new Great Mazinger soon to go with it.
Well, it is a different Mazinger sculpt than the GX-01R. It is more in the lines of the GX-07. However, it is a very cool figure, very articulated, very heavy, but a little on the short side. Does not look good when displayed with the female Mazinger robots because of its size.

}D
hey nothing wrong with a short dude hanging with some tall tail man.
Great stop motion skillz.. also I love how Elmo keeps appearing in his videos.

I didn't realise there were so many little joints everywhere, like the one in wrist for example. I thought it was just kind of like the GX-24 Tetsujin.

Despite having a GX-01R & GX01E, it has tempted me slightly to get these remakes.. It depends on other releases. Like Big O is just around the corner and next in line, so perhaps if I see him for the right price.
Gcrush Wrote:

> The toy really is as good as the music would have
> you believe. I've got nothing but earnest praise
> for it. It is way more stable and poseable than
> your grandmother. And at least three times as
> glorious.
>
> The only minor issues I have are: a) no screw hole
> covers (what an oversight!); b) the painted
> shading on the thighs was scratched on mine; c)
> the arms swivel too freely at the magnetic
> forearm/upper arm contact point and need to be
> beefed up. It's a, elegantly simple, poseable,
> sturdy, and FUN figure. Aoshima could learn a
> PhD's worth of design and manufacturing expertise
> if they reverse engineered this thing and improved
> the same, sad, stale figures they keep pumping out
> year after year using their decades old Hotwheels
> technology.
>
> Seriously, GX-45 Shin Mazinger is the best modern
> chogokin to date. Sell your kid sister and buy
> one today!

This sounds so good.

Sigh. I ordered from BBTS at their initial, somewhat cheaper price, and I'm too damn miserly to drop that and try to get it somewhere else. And BBTS be taking fo'eva!
And the damn show has turned me into such an impatient liitle brat. Waaahhhh! I want my Mahjinga! Waaaahhhhh...
There's a limited little fellow that is sneaking under peoples radar..

His name is Chogokin Bearbrick 200% Black Ver.

He was a limited run which was released at the Medicom Toy Exhibition 09 in Japan.

I just got mine delivered today and he has shot right up there with Panda Z as one of my favourite gokins.

He's 14.5cm tall and besides his hands is 100% die-cast, thus for his size, weighs a ton.
Also in true chogokin form he has clicky joints everywhere. So besides rotating his hands, if you move something it clicks.
Also like every chogokin it has the much hated screw holes on the back.. I personally don't mind the screw holes, but they look really good on the bearbrick, and I think he would look a bit 'bear' without them.. *BA-BOOM-TISH!* Oh boy...

The Black version is as it says, black. Glossy black with a white bearbrick '@' on his belly and copyright on the back of his left leg. Also on his back, moulded in diecast, is the chogokin and bearbrick logo.
There is a white version out, but it looks ugly IMO.

(I just did a google image search for a pic and found this kanyewest site. It has some amazing stuff on it which I am so going to look into buying.. Voltron camera much?!!)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I was kinda thinking about that chogo-bearbrick (well, when hillsy first posted about the white one)...

Y'know what might be neat? If they released "blank" chogokin kubricks coated in primer. [Yes, Kubricks, the Lego mini-figure-esque cylinder heads...not a FUCKING teddy bear head.] If they sold them cheap(-ish), people could buy them and paint up their own custom chogokin!

I know some people have these principled stands against platform toys, but I think this idea would be totally fun!
I'm an internet toy nerd, so I can rail against Dunnys and Qees, but like Kubricks/Bearbricks even though they're all platform toys. As any true Japanophile knows, Japan = gooder.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I know I'm probably late on this, but they're making another Energer Z figure (off the new Mazinger body)?
I'll laugh when then make an Iron Z..
fujishig Wrote:
> I know I'm probably late on this, but they're
> making another Energer Z figure (off the new
> Mazinger body)?

Yeah. GX-47. It's the incarnation of Energer Z that's due to appear in the new anime. Here are some pics:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 12:23AM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - ap_20090612020517166.jpg.jpg (31.2 KB)
open | download - gx-47EnergerZtest.jpg (388.6 KB)
Some more rumor fodder maybe: [www.toysdaily.com]

[ngeekhiong.blogspot.com]

September
* Soul of Chogokin GX-49 Shin Mazinger Z - 7,500 Yen
November
* Soul of Chogokin GX-51 Getter Dragon from Shin Getter Robo - 7,500 Yen
* Soul of Popynica Sword Fish II from Cowboy Bebop - 8,400 Yen
* 1/60 DX Chogokin VF-25F Armored Messiah Valkyrie Alto's Unit - 16,000 Yen
December
* Soul of Chogokin GX-50 Combattler v - 17,800 Yen
* DX Chogokin Macross Quarter - 19,800 Yen

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 09:26PM by Runaphen.
They can all be found on amazon.jp.
Sanjeev (Admin)
> Soul of Chogokin GX-51 Getter Dragon from Shin Getter Robo - 7,500 Yen

AWESOME!

Fat Dragon...like Sammo Hung!
..Why does 51 comes out before 50? THIS MAKES NO SENSE!
Wait, so, would that be a NEW Combattler, like Voltes was an improved version?... and Shin Getter Dragon? Is that the beefy and scary Getter Dragon drones from the beginning of the series, or the wacky tumbler mutant acid trip thing from the end of the series? All Shin Getter gave me was a headache...

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
You know what I would LOVE to see? Getter Robo Ark. I love that design. Ken Ishikawa (sp?) last thing before he died.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
delta_7890 Wrote:
> ..Why does 51 comes out before 50? THIS MAKES NO
> SENSE!

They'll probably juggle the numbers or dates before those things come out. There have been continuity issues with SOC numbers before but I don't think we've ever seen them actually released out of order.

Was it Drifand who said recently that he wanted Bandai to make a Swordfish?

Attached is a pic of what I think the Getter is supposed to be. I really don't know anything about all the Shin/Neo getter stuff, and find it kinda strange and unsettling that Bandai is getting into Shin Getter Gokins. It just seems like such an un-Bandai un-SOC realm up to now. Gives me the end-of-the-world willies.
Attachments:
open | download - getterdragonfromshin.jpg (71.5 KB)
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> Wait, so, would that be a NEW Combattler, ...

So far as I understand, it will be an ALL New Combattler V.

Entirely, utterly, New.
Hmm, well, if the new Getter Dragon is what Rune posted, done in the body/articulation style of Shin Mazinger, I will buy it for sure!

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
holy crap, im so hyped now. I cant wait to see this chunky proportions of Shin Getter Dragon and yeah even better if they do him with the articulation of Shin Maz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer