Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 

And I love my GX-28 Xabungle and Brockary. Had to slice off some of the upper leg plastic to get some decent mobility for the hips though.
One question: did Bandai's hobby department design the Brockary model, or was it whatever branch was responsible for the SOC series then?
Not a clue. Brockary is great though. Nice, sturdy ABS construction, and it came totally prepainted. The torso comes already assembled. Overall, building it is pretty easy. It's more like they presented it as a model kit "for fun" to give it that vintage 1980's plamodel feel, without all the pitfalls of those old kits.
GX-28 is awesome. In fact, all three of the Xabungle SOCs are kickass and fun.
That they are. While Xabungle has a few niggling flaws, I think they're generally blown out of proportion.
I wish Bandai would have released Tekkaman Blade as a Robot Spirits figure instead of adding Pegas and making it a wasted and massively over-priced Spec Release. And am I the only one hoping they release Dygenguar as a separate figure in the future?
Maybe make the red parts metallic to fit in with the rest of the design and have it be much more affordable without old Horsey bot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 02:35PM by reed.
You know that if they DO release it on its own with a new paint job, it'll be a convention exclusive and will cost as much as, if not more, than the original set to get it...

Who says Walker Machines can't Gerwalk?
delta_7890 Wrote:
> Who says Walker Machines can't Gerwalk?

Awesome.

GX-46 Promotional Poster: [www.toysdaily.com]
I'm betting that they will eventually do Tekkaman or Evil as individual releases. However, they'll be Tamashii web shop exclusives, so anyone not living in Japan will be unable to get them without paying out the ass for 'em.
Gosh, I'm just not agreeing with anyone today. I'm happy that they are FINALLY showing some love for Aussenseiter. Dygengar is nice, but koto already released that large scale model of it (in addition the their initial model release).
[www.moeyo.com]

Of course, I'm always a sucker for robots that transform. Speaking of transformations, I'm also happy that Pegas finally gets a release. When Bandai released the model kits for Blade, Sol, Evil and Blastor-Blade, I was bummed that Pegas didn't get a release too. Tekkaman without Pegas is like Casshern without Friender (another source of annoyance) or Ride armor without the motorcycle...it just wouldn't be complete.

At the rate Robot Damashii is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they did release some Tekkman Blade Figures. It'd be awesome to get a figure of Rapier and Omega. Maybe another company will make competing figure, like when Koto released a Black Sarena around the same time as the Soul SPEC. Speaking of which, Koto has continued their Nadesico movie line with Ryoko Custom and Super Aestivalis (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090361).

Although, I'll be bummed if they skimp on the gimmicks for Tekkaman Blade/Pegas SPEC...given the asking price. I wonder if they'll include a D-boy figure to put inside the back of Pegas?
Two more pics of Tekkaman and Pegas at GA Graphic.

[ga.sbcr.jp]

Nothing new, but they are nice pics. And the things look so...FUN TOY. I've no love for the show, but these things are tempting me. Especially the Pegas with all that smooth plastic sex.
Anonymous User
According to this list Daitarn 3 is schedule to be GX-47 and will be coming out in late 2009.

[en.wikipedia.org]
About fuckin' time.
HEY!! Watch your language.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I wouldn't put to much stock in that, collectiondx stated that GX-47 is Energer Z so Daitarn will either be GX-48 or GX-49 but since we've seen a Big-O protoype and nothing but drawings and a styrene proto for Daitarn I'm thinking GX-48 will be Big-O and Daitarn will be atleast GX-49 or later.
Oh Big-O, how much longer must I wait for you?
Anonymous User
As long as Datarn 3 comes out even if it is after Big-O that is fine with me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 12:49AM by Gundam.
It's showtime.

& stuff: [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
I don't buy anything else this year; I WILL own the Big-O!
Tekkaman TOY

[www.toysdaily.com]

Looks fun, dammit.
Tekkaman would be even more fun if it was larger and didn't come with a useless, giant piece of crud accessory that makes it stupidly over-priced.
reed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tekkaman would be even more fun if it was larger
> and didn't come with a useless, giant piece of
> crud accessory that makes it stupidly over-priced.

Ya know, you keep saying that.

Makes me think you didn't watch the show back in '92 or the recent US release on DVD, because having Blade with an in-scale Pegas is an impossible dream come true, thus wiping out the shame from back in the day of the canceled Pegas kit which, as was common for Bandai at the time would have been out of scale with the existing Tekkaman kits.

And it's not just a big chunk of Sofubi or hollow shampoo bottle plastic, it's a fully realized articulated toy (altho, sadly, no indication of the top hatch for Blade to shoot out from dramatically).

Pricy? Sure, I'm not going to be able to get it, but it's OUT and who knows, maybe in the near future I'll be able to grab one.

I would have liked to see a Takaya Aiba (D-Boy) figure in-scale and articulated (like the guy from Machine Robo that came with Baikunfu) along with the set, and it would be cool beans of they do Tekkaman Evil and his scary bug monster flying thing (which likely would be a hunk of Sofubi) as a companion piece, but you know, if this is the ONLY Tekkaman Blade Soul of Spec, I can accept that.
Big-o looks awesome......but, considering the sort of 50's pulp feel that they were going for with the anime when it came out, wouldn't it be more appropriate if instead of making the SOC Big-O in chogokin, they made it instead using Tin-Litho? Just saying....
reed Wrote:
> Tekkaman would be even more fun if it was larger
> and didn't come with a useless, giant piece of
> crud accessory that makes it stupidly over-priced.

Pshaw. Pegas is the fun part.

Meanwhile, new Mahjinga is smooth & kickass. [www.toysdaily.com]

[www.toysdaily.com]
Very true. While I never liked the Tekkaman Blade design, a robot that goes inside of another robot is all kinds of fun!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
^^ Agreed. ^^

As for Mazinger, I gotta admit, that's a pretty robot toy. Now, if they'd only found a way to incorporate that rocket punch into the normal elbow so you didn't have to swap anything out, I'd actually buy one.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> ^^ Agreed. ^^
>
> As for Mazinger, I gotta admit, that's a pretty
> robot toy. Now, if they'd only found a way to
> incorporate that rocket punch into the normal
> elbow so you didn't have to swap anything out, I'd
> actually buy one.

Bandai actually did. The LODM Gaiking has that feature. I guess people didn't like it too much...

}D
Runaphen Wrote:
> reed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tekkaman would be even more fun if it was
> larger
> > and didn't come with a useless, giant piece of
> > crud accessory that makes it stupidly
> over-priced.
>
>
> Pshaw. Pegas is the fun part.

Agreed, I don't see how Bainkanfu fans can shun this one. I find it amazing they fit Tekkaman Blade inside Pegas without deforming him or removing parts (i see a glimpse of the head in there). It even includes Hi-Colt Voltekka, which Bandai could have easily left out! Also, their are hardpoint holes on the arms for his'shield', which is stowed on his rear when not in use.

The price still sucks, but I still want it.
Attachments:
open | download - Hi-Colt Voltekka_spec.jpg (49.1 KB)
I can see what you guys are saying, it's just that for me D-Boy is the main draw of the show. It would be cool to have a detailed articulated figure of him that is more than 3.5" tall. I think it would have been cool to have a 6-7" D-Boy figure with the Tekkaman Armor that snaps on, kinda like the Eva Spec toys. Is that so bad?
reed, you're not in the wrong place, Tekkaman is as much about Pegas as it is about armor. Especially with the recent MOSPEDA ride-armor blast in the market and the BGC figures, I think a couple companies could tackle a fully articulated Tek-set figure with removable armor.
Wouldn't it be something to see some Revoltechs for the Tekkaman Blade line?
It was a long time ago, but I seem to remember similar complaints of how teeny the original Gaiking was when he came with Daiku Maryu originally. They eventually released a bigger gaiking SOC anyway, but I'm not sure about Tekkaman Blade's popularity in Japan.

As a Nadesico fan, I was a bit disappointed that they still haven't released an Aestavalis minus the Black Serena stuff, but I guess CM is picking up the slack on that.
reed Wrote:
> I can see what you guys are saying, it's just that
> for me D-Boy is the main draw of the show. It
> would be cool to have a detailed articulated
> figure of him that is more than 3.5" tall. I
> think it would have been cool to have a 6-7" D-Boy
> figure with the Tekkaman Armor that snaps on,
> kinda like the Eva Spec toys. Is that so bad?

Nope, except it wouldn't be D-boy that you'd snap the armor onto, it'd be the 'goblin'(changeling?) that's the core of all Tekkamen. They make it pretty clear in the show that a person undergoes a fairly dramatic change when they've been 'processed' by the Radam.

Tekkaman Blade isn't Saint Seiya. :)

But saying that, having a form that you could snap the armor onto, and even the 'power-up' Blastor mode armor, would be a nifty thing, but I'm one of those crazy people who had wishes that Bandai would release a line of 'Tekkaman in Action' figures back when it seemed that they were going to go full-bore with the 'In Action' figure concept.

Tekkaman Blade Revoltech figures...yeah, I could get behind that. I think the design lends itself well to the joint system same as the Patlabor labors did.
I saw all of 5 minutes of the TV show 16 years ago. The big thing is what I like about the set.

Look at it this way, almost every SPEC toy has been reduced to about half what it originally sold for. So just wait and see how low it gets. That SPEC L-Gaim at $100 was too pricey, but now it's $50 and it's a fucking bargain.

I love all the crap that Dygengar has and does, I'm just worried it will suffer some QC issues with all that complexity. The only things that compare are Dancouga and Gunbuster, and those two are night and day. Plus if it gets close to the price of the Koto kit, I'd rather just buy the kit and have something 3 times as big and impressive on a shelf.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:

> Look at it this way, almost every SPEC toy has
> been reduced to about half what it originally sold
> for. So just wait and see how low it gets. That
> SPEC L-Gaim at $100 was too pricey, but now it's
> $50 and it's a fucking bargain.
>

I was hoping that would be true for SPEC Black Sarena, but I'm having a tough time finding the normalrelease, even with the Ghost version that came out recently. Any suggestions?
Big O, September, 8.5 inches

[www.toysdaily.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
> Big O, September, 8.5 inches
>
>
> [www.toysdaily.com]
> tml

Must......resist....cannot...urgl...

So, is that product description or penis enhancement spam?

HEYYY! OHH! SHABOTZ!
Runaphen Wrote:
> Big O, September, 8.5 inches
>
>
> [www.toysdaily.com]
> tml

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.
Maybe we'll see a Cowboy Bebop revival... they only made Spike's Swordfish right about the time when Bandai Ent was making their first big push for DVDs. Big-O was around that time too, right?
Cast in the Name of God

[www.hlj.com]

Are ye Guilty?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer