Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
HAHA looks like some of you guys didn't fall for my trick after all hehe... Im somewhat into the hobby of collecting toys I guess... not so much SOC or vintage chogokins though. I think im done collecting for awhile though as my room is filled with expensive figures from various japanese anime... I dunno I feel like I have to stop collecting for awhile because it feels abnormal having so many figures... Im ashamed of my collection somewhat too... I don't mention it to my friends or ppl I know that much... they're there but im phasing out of the hobby for now... Ill still browse toy news websites and forums from time to time though... Wow lol im surprised you guys didn't ban me yet though lol.
There was a "trick?" That your posts reflected a notable amount of self-loathing (in relation to toy geekery) was fairly obvious.

Counseling could help with that.

As far as collection size, I've limited both my vintage and modern stuff to about 20 pieces each at the moment. I've noticed that I also tend to get uncomfortable whenever I amass too much shit. Then I purge. So now I just keep the collection small. To each his own.
Anonymous User
Getting back on topic.....

Anybody know what the two on the left are?

Big red one kinda looks like one o' them space armour Aestavalises or similar.
No idea what the crippled one is.

Horsebot looks cool. also looks like it won't be out for months based on that progress.
Anonymous User
I'm starting to experience withdrawal symptoms from not purchasing any SOCs (not any other Japanese toys) for the past few months. I've even resorted to purchasing Animated Voyager Prime & Voyager Movie Ironhide to in a desperate attempt to fill the void (these toy cracks turned out pretty fun, actually). And they're not even the Japanese versions!

That said, great to see finally some SOC updates!!! That horsie is looking rather sweet. I could spot a fair number of hinges in that 3D pic - this gives a glimpse of how complex that toy may be. I'm no fan of the design, but this looks to me like something only Halfeye would attempt to produce - and if I can get my hands on such a toy at the usual SOC prices, it's too good to resist. Kinda' reminds me of my reaction to Gunbuster when it was SOC'ed - I didn't like the design at first either but I ended up with 2 sets in the end. Although I would have preferred if Godsigma was the next SOC, I still can't wait to see how this one will turn out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2008 10:03AM by Amuro-Ray.
Amuro-Ray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Although I would have preferred if Godsigma was
> the next SOC, I still can't wait to see how this
> one will turn out!

Yes: God Sigma - God Mars size - should be the next SOC!
But the horse do looks aestethically challenging. Anybody knows when it will be out?
I see the enemy symbol from Dragonar on the upper left. More Metal Armors perhaps? I hope so.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Amuro-Ray Wrote:
> I'm starting to experience withdrawal symptoms
> from not purchasing any SOCs (not any other
> Japanese toys) for the past few months.

Isn't Daimos out pretty soon?

I've brought very little from Japan this year. Not many SOC's I'm interested in, I've cut HCM Pro's out of my life because they were just costing too much, too frequently and Takara have had very few Transformer's out that I couldn't get in my own shops.
Personally I'm waiting for CMs Baldios.
The red frame is from the Nadesico Movie: Prince of Darkness. It is piloted by Jovian Vice-Admiral Haruki Kusakabe, the main villian with the monk hat and boson jumping harness. It is the mecha that Akito faced off with in the end of the movie. I think the squat frame is the type his henchmen pilots; I vaguely remember them in one of the battle scenes where Akito finds Yurika.

Aussenseiter is looking sweet, I hope it isn't fragile as hell. The good news is that Dygenguar is less to figure out, with Kotobukiya having release a few models already. Well, if they can pull THIS off, Bandai should have no problem releasing some (affordable, diecast) transforming getters!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2008 08:22PM by RedAleseides.
I remember reading Tetsujin 28 will have two packaging again, and the DX package will come with the Black Ox. I don't know if that is confirmed in this scan.

One thing I now notice is some new SOC projects are using CAD drawings. The Jeeg is the first one that I remember, while the Raideen and Daimos were still shown with hand drawn plans.
Attachments:
open | download - soc-t28.jpg (193.5 KB)
Ooh! Is that a new Hasegawa 1:100 Virtual-On model kit that's shown above it?

If so, WANT.
The one thing I haven't seen for the SOC SPEC L-Gaim is if can completely shed its armor to expose its skeleton.

Probably the most anticipated toy for me this year.

Hey, you guys are getting your Daimos and Dangard, I'm getting my L-Gaim.

Anonymous User
Lack of magnet joints makes me sad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2008 10:19PM by Anavel.
Attachments:
open | download - 1216911214360.jpg (36.4 KB)
You sure about the "no magnets" bit?

Anonymous User
Well, for some reason I was thinking that the majority of joints were going to be magnet joints, but from the picture it looks like they are only at the hips, shoulders and neck.
It matches the original toy, then.
One complain from the early review is the hip magnetic joint is not strong enough, and caused unstable standing pose.

Oh another pic of T28.
Attachments:
open | download - fk059.jpg (360.1 KB)
Oh yeah, that's the stuff right there. Luckily I have enough room in my heart for both slim and fatty T28.
cf18 Wrote:
> One complain from the early review is the hip
> magnetic joint is not strong enough, and caused
> unstable standing pose.
>
> Oh another pic of T28.

Man, that T28 keeps looking better and better every time a new picture pops up. It evens comes with the kid! So, is it confirmed that the T28 and Black Ox will come in a "two-pack"? That will be cool 'cause for some reason, I'm not digging the Black Ox enough to purchase it separately... However, I did notice that it has inherited the SOC Reideen's mouth (opens and closes).

}D
That Black Ox is awesome and a two pack would be great. Is the face something new for Black Ox or will he come with several heads?
GX-42 review:
[robogeki.sakura.ne.jp]
[robogeki.sakura.ne.jp]

And why can't we have access to stores with deep discount on new toys?
[www.amazon.co.jp]
thanks cf18

wow...that site clears up a lot questions I had. Good thing I held off on that zeorymer. I mean I knew Yamato was bad, but wow. Maybe it's the lighting, but the Jeeg isn't looking as thrilling as I (recently) began to think.
Price, no pic:
GX-44 T-28
MSRP: 7000 yen before tax.

GX-44S T-28 + B-OX
MSRP: 13000 yen before tax.
Actually, I believe you CAN order from amazon Japan. If you go to their main page, there is a button that say, "in English". I tried to buy some CDs, but they were backordered, but still worked like Amazon America.
But they cant ship any toys internationally.. just books, cds & dvds.. Shame really..
Anything new with L-Gaim?

What's the exact date it's supposed to come out?

Naked Daimos.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]
He's a sexy beast with a lot of metal, even his enormous feet are solid metal!
I received my SOC Jeeg and must confess that i haven't even opened it yet.

Looking at these pics, now I can't wait to get home today so I can check it out!
Looking good there but I was hoping it'd have a full skeletal frame, not just the lower legs.

Man I have to agree, I was planning on picking up Jeeg, but after seeing those close up pics...Im not that excited about him anymore either,I'll probably hold off now until I see you guys post some pics and then maybe.
My issue with Jeeg, though I absolutely love the design, is the lack of accessories. Where are the Sky and Ground parts? Where's Balba? And Jeeg Bazooka is not really in scale with the show. It's too small.
Man, the collectable toy boom has spoiled you all rotten.
I think it looks awesome, and I've always loved the original L-Gaim design. I'd like to handle it to see if it carries the spirit of the old HCMs.
Roger Wrote:
> I think it looks awesome, and I've always loved
> the original L-Gaim design. I'd like to handle it
> to see if it carries the spirit of the old HCMs.

Hopefully the Spec's leg tubes don't crumble like the old hi-metal version.

-Joe

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Check out my art gallery: www.godaiking.deviantart.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 04:17PM by JoeDenjiRobo.
servbot30 Wrote:
> And Jeeg
> Bazooka is not really in scale with the show. It's
> too small.

I know what you mean about the lack of accessories. We can only hope they'll do what they did for Grendizer and release the sky, marine and ground parts as an 'add on' pack. Though fear the prospects are grim.

As for L-Gaim. I've never been much of a fan. But the R3 release of Mk II and this upcoming Spec is wearing down on me. Damn, I thought I had my addiction controlled.
I like Jeeg, but I think what it is are the fact that those giant magnet ball joints at the hip are just so...out there. Reminds me a little of the revoltech look a little, obviouly on a much higher scale. Again Im probably just nit picking but I still might pick one up later.
Nothing really new this month.

Edit: A better version attached.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2008 02:57PM by cf18.
Attachments:
open | download - soc_5.jpg (492.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer