Shin SOC News Thread (untouched by the unwashed)

Posted by hillsy 
About my request, someone did it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1209205128541.jpg (60.1 KB)
open | download - 1209206998830.jpg (92.2 KB)
Here are more pics of that die-cast Gurren Lagann from Konami.

[www.toysdaily.com]

[www.toysdaily.com]

[www.toysdaily.com]
Thats what I call a booklet. Also all those drills would almost contest with all the guns popping out of gunbusters arms & legs.. INSANE! The more & more I see this Konami Gurren Lagann the more I want it.

If the diecast version is in rough scale to Reideen then the smaller cheaper Gurren Lagann would be Revoltech sized? BUT WAIT! How big is Reideen compared to other SOCs? Because the Gurren Lagann looks at least as big as Gunbuster/Voltes.
The SOC news seems a little thin on the ground this month. :(

Konami's Gurren Lagann is very impressive, they really went all out on it.
Yeah, I'd certainly like to know info about the non-diecast Gurren-Lagann that was released previously, if anyone has any experience with it. They have the new wing version coming out, and if the only major difference is paint job and lack of gokin, I think I'll go for the regular Impact model rather than the "Great" Impact model...

More serious than thou
[gamu-toys.info]

Ra ra ra! Ra ra raaaaa!

Raideen! Raideen!
More Daimos Pics from the unwashed
Attachments:
open | download - 2415309150_bcc5b6d9c2_o[1].jpg (113.7 KB)
fujikuro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I'd certainly like to know info about the
> non-diecast Gurren-Lagann that was released
> previously, if anyone has any experience with it.
> They have the new wing version coming out, and if
> the only major difference is paint job and lack of
> gokin, I think I'll go for the regular Impact
> model rather than the "Great" Impact model...

I have both. The regular impact model is a tad bit larger than a Revoltech, made out of the same material as an MSIA. The Great Impact Model is diecast, is larger, and absolutely beautiful.
L to da Gaim

[www.toysdaily.com]

Also: [aeug.blogspot.com]

Kahen Senshi Zeta Gundam 2008 Edition - 6,825 yen

Looks like a non-trivial uptick in the price. New sculpt? Revival of the line? Old crap with new paint and a poster of Haman Karn making out with a Zeta Gundam girl?

Edit the second: Ahh. A not-so-special Zeta reissue. [www.toysdaily.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2008 05:02AM by Runaphen.
The new jeeg is not bad:
[www.bigbe.jp]
dunno...kinda looks like an ADHD riddled McFarland Protoge got a'hold of the design duties...not for me.
Yeah, Jeeg is is the first SOC since, well, ever that I haven't been even remotely interested in. Nice to see Bandai bringing him out though.
His big arm cannon should be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY bigger.
Just wish it was the old school Jeeg, though. The new one looks great to me, but why is this in the SOC line? It's always been for "old" designs in the past...

More serious than thou
I agree, SOC "GX" line should be for Old designs. All others should go to the "GE" line. But that is not going to happen... Bandai is already advertising SRW Mechas in the SOC line. At least I'll get to save some cash - 'cause I am not interested at all in seeing such figures being released as SOCs, and even less in buying them.

}D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 11:06PM by The_Mazinger_Z.
Wow, the New Jeeg doesn't look bad--gimmick-wise. But I'm sorry to say that, like the classical Jeeg, the colors are a big turn off. I don't have anything against yellow or green (Evangelion did a decent job pulling alt colors off, Nadesico was borderline), but it's like looking at a fruit salad. I know, I know, I'm inviting fire and brimstone upon myself for uttering such blasphemy, but Jeeg's legs are striped like watermelons, and then there is the lemon chest.

Who knows? in time I may grow to like it and be faced with a price tag three times what it is now. Or, like Turn A Gundam (where I put a mental bag over it's head), I will look past the bright colors and resolve, "nice, but not for my shelf".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 12:59AM by RedAleseides.
Daimos comes with a ton of shit.

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

I think I may pass on him though. Just not a fan and I've already got a robo samurai in Zambot 3.
I recently acquired a Zambot 3. Zambo Ace is awsome and i like how the the hands attach and have individual finger joints shame that the poseability aint so great. I like how you can shrink Zambo Aces arms & legs and give him the Zambot head, HILARIOUS..

Daimos' array of weaponry looks pretty good. From what I can gather from that pixelated pic on BBTS it looks to rival Battle Fevers cool sticks and stuff. I just hope they cast the weapons in metal like Battle Fevers. No more of this chromed plastic hullabaloo.
Toy show.
[otasuke.new-akiba.com]
[otasuke.new-akiba.com]
[otasuke.new-akiba.com]
[otasuke.new-akiba.com]
[blog.hobbystock.jp]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2008 12:34PM by cf18.
Theres another GX-07 variation going by the name of GX-07I IronZ..

Its basically a tweaked EnergerZ, with different box art, shiney chrome upper arms & thighs, added iron cutter arms & an extra different bike..
Dont you think its strange for 30 or 40 year old men to be enthusiastic about expensive ass glorified toys? Wow you people here really must be retarded... I feel bad for all of you...
1) Yes.

2) You registered for the BBS just to tell us that?

3) Pennsyltucky is the armpit of America.
Indeed, Roger. Move along now, Pennsylvanian! There are more stinging rebukes where that came from.
Now, now, don't be to harsh. After all, those comments come from a person (or TOOL) who chose "Losers" as his/her nick.

}D
Now see, this is why we shouldn't have titles with terms like "untouched by the unwashed" because it'll only lure in more Pennsyltuckian pedophiles on misguided Google searches.

And since I'm here, where the hell is Daimos?
I've seen the light, you're right, I am a loser.

WTS everything I own, WTB Life.
Roger Wrote:
> 1) Yes.
>
> 2) You registered for the BBS just to tell us
> that?
>
> 3) Pennsyltucky is the armpit of America.

and what is california? The financially bereaved asshole of america? hey at least a major bank didnt get shut down in my state... and the mid west... oh god dont even get me started on that place...

That's where all the misguided country bumpkin youths live who are secluded from the outside world and resort to strange hobbies to survive like this...
Yeah, I suppose you probably know a lot about misguided country bumpkin youths after forcing so many of them into your white van.
cae
> and what is california?

Uber alles.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
I actually agree with this fellow 'Losers' that California sucks, but uh.. isn't Roger on the opposite coast?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 05:52PM by Shaggydog.
I was glancing through this thread and noticed that the only other guy with his IP address is "Ryoma." He's probably not masquerading as "Losers" (or is he? :)) but I wouldn't be surprised if this guy (Losers) is another regular from our board or another Japanese toy board.

Obviously, he's familiar with our hobby, obviously yanking it in private to reruns of Battlestar Galactica is no longer cutting it for him, and obviously we've certainly had our share of disgruntled and bitter nuts.
The fact he came back to reply to any aftermath points it out as BS.

I guess I'll play along.

How does collecting expensive toys make someone a loser? And a follow up question;

What, prey tell, do you do for a hobby or entertainment with disposable income that makes you "Winner"?

Drinking, cow-tipping, and date-raping minors doesn't count, even though it's a night out in your state.
B00
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> What, prey tell, do you do for a hobby or
> entertainment with disposable income that makes
> you "Winner"?

Strippers.

Anyone standing too near your state can feel the suction to such a degree that their hair and any loose jewelry they may be wearing actually moves in that direction with the breeze and small children and animals have been known to be sucked right into your state, never to return.

If I lived in your state I would lie and claim I lived somewhere, anywhere else, even Wyoming if I had to, just so that I wouldn't have to be associated with your sucky state. Of course, it wouldn't matter what I said: my words would never make it out of the state - they'd just get sucked right back in.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? You and your state will never know 'cause you don't lick - you suck!

You and your state suck so bad that those of us way over here on the other side of the continent, though many miles away, can hear the sucking noise.

It sounds like 18,000, still-hungry teenagers at the bottom of a Jamocha shake, it sounds like a million hungry babies latched onto a million empty and pointless rubber pacifiers, it sounds like you every time you post here, you slurping sucky fuck.

PS: Wow, how 'bout them SOC, eh?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2008 07:21PM by cae.
Cripes, and here I was expecting something NEW on this thread, what a disappointmnet. This is what happens when Bandai takes a break from feeding us announcements and works-in-progress pics.

Really, is there any other hobby that a 'grown' man should put his money to? Speaking of which, I doubt we are all guys, I mean, have you seen the TitansTestTeam blog? Unlike other things I could and do spend my money on, at least this stuff doesn't depreciate in value, worth or cost.

Food is tasty, but in little time, it's out my mouth or out my butt--but both down the porcelian goddess. Apartment, it sucks up money and will only get more $$$. Car- don't have one, but if I did, there'd be gas, upkeep, and other fixes. Kids- don't have those either, but similar costs to a car. Clothes, you wear 'em, you take them off, they get old, you toss & replace them. Government, they protect me (mostly) and I pay them to fix roads, fund social programs, and protect me from future threats.

What else are you spending your money on?
SOCs all suck. Only vintage toys are worth anything. And then ONLY if THEY don't suck. Godaikins are the worst. I hate them. They suck.

you know what doesn't suck? McFarlane figures. mmm...love.
cae, i'd say you suck, but i'm a little afraid of the photographic proof of such that you would inevitably produce.

:)
WTF now we have to start another thread :)
A new thread would suck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer