Wave Patlabor action figures!

Posted by thomas 
Ingram:
[www.hlj.com]

Helldiver:
[www.hlj.com]
If these are 1/48, what scale is the CM version?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
The scale of CM's Ingram is hard to determine exactly because there are quite a number of ways to position the head, causing the antenna to tip up or down at different heights. By taking an average measurements of the 'same scale' sofubi figures, it works out to about 1/46to me.

The best way to confirm is to physically compare the CM's to the WHAM when it comes out.

Alternatively, if anyone has a built a 1/35 MG Ingram, he may do us Patlabor fans a favor by measuring the height(s) to see how Bandai determined their 'official scale'.

Edited to correct approx scale of 1/43 to 1/46 after checking my toy DB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2007 02:59AM by drifand.
Anonymous User
This is seriously f*cked up. I just bought the CMs Ingram (and Griffon) and now Wave is releasing an entirely new line? Worse still - it looks like it will have better proportions and the feet/ankle joints will most likely be more poseable! *sigh*

My bitching aside, I'm really anxious to see how these turn out. If Ingram turns out well, I might buy it. Who knows, maybe even Helldiver too.
Well, so far my personal experience with WHAM figures is only the 1/12 Tachi Yellow. It's all-plastic and the paintjob is OK (not great), but I do appreciate the tampo printing. Poseability is also OK, not great because the joints are too loose (needs Revoltech treatment!). The only other insight to WHAM would be the love-it-or-hate-it 1/5000 SDF-1. Superior finishing but IMO lacks 'oomph'. A common thread so far: little or no gimmicks.

I think the least we should expect for a 9800yen Ingram is the extending arm and opening gun compartment...
Sanjeev (Admin)
This may sound like heresy, but if CM's line is 1/46 and Wave's is 1/48, why can'tcha just mix and match?? I mean, that's close enough.

Amuro, keep your CM's and just pick up the Wave Helldiver and any other ones they come out with that CM's doesn't.
Anonymous User
Not a bad idea actually. Will have to see how these turn out. If they end up being better than CM's, I might have to buy Ingram too!
drifand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, so far my personal experience with WHAM
> figures is only the 1/12 Tachi Yellow. It's
> all-plastic and the paintjob is OK (not great),
> but I do appreciate the tampo printing.
> Poseability is also OK, not great because the
> joints are too loose (needs Revoltech treatment!).
> The only other insight to WHAM would be the
> love-it-or-hate-it 1/5000 SDF-1. Superior
> finishing but IMO lacks 'oomph'. A common thread
> so far: little or no gimmicks.
>
> I think the least we should expect for a 9800yen
> Ingram is the extending arm and opening gun
> compartment...

...my sentiments exactly!!!
Yeah, Sanjeev - I'd mix 'em up just as soon as I can compare the two Ingrams for actual physical size. Then I'd know if my provisional 1/46 is 'accurate' :-)

The best situation would be for 'Mr PONY' to do his compulsive buy-in and let us all know which one sucks harder!
So, uh, anyone heard anything new about these ones?
Just lots of bitchin' on MW about the stiff proportions on the WHAM Ingram... mostly to do with the too-straight outer leg curve, and the iffy head sculpt. At least the Yamato 1/24 has size going for it.
Bitching on Macrossworld? ...bitchin' man... I went back to HLJ and saw the original info from the convention pics. All they say is Summer 2008 which is now. I'm a little surprised that there isn't anything about them in the hobby mags or a preorder up anywhere. I really want to do some CM's/W.H.A.M. mixing and matching.
I'm with you, dude. The WHAM Ingram is a waste of time but I'd definitely spring for the Helldiver especially since 1/48 isn't that far off from the CM's estimated 1/46 or thereabouts. If WAVE are serious about making money, they should just move on from the AV-98 and splash out on everything else CM's didn't do, e.g. the Python, Hannibal etc. The non-diecast WHAM figures like their SAC Tachikomas are basically no-gimmick painted and assembled plastic kits. I'd take those over sofubi if they make 'em.
Pics and preorder for the WHAM Ingram.

[www.1999.co.jp]
Anonymous User
The Wave one looks like crap. It has too little details. I hate the rubber-coated joints - can't beat the cloth one. I hate the proportions. And it looks too plasticky. It's also not poseable enough - it can't even stand nicely with a decent A-stance. In short - it looks as shitty as the Bandai MG one. The MSIA one is way better than this. I'll most likely get it.
Meanwhile, the Yamato one looks great.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
The CM's one still looks like it's your best bet, especially when it was so cheap for that sale.

I'll wait for the Helldiver, I've got enough Ingrams.
This pic says it all for me:

Look at how stiff and unnatural the pose is! The WAVE Ingram seems to be unable to raise its arm without moving the entire shoulder armor. That's the price of a restrictive rubber shroud.

Heck, looks like the head can't even tilt UP to look at targets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 07:07AM by drifand.
Here comes Heldiver...!

Better pics in the links.
[www.amiami.com]
[www.hobbystock.jp]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 12:14PM by Kwesi K..
Attachments:
open | download - 3524620997_1f5e01007a.jpg (129.6 KB)
The Helldiver looks like it might be worth it on a 50% HLJ discount. It has to be better than the Revoltech at least.
How was Wave's Ingram? Any less sloppy/floppy than the Patlabor toys CM's has been putting out recently?
emerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How was Wave's Ingram? Any less sloppy/floppy than
> the Patlabor toys CM's has been putting out
> recently?

If you're referring to the recent Brocken and Zero then the Waves are reportedly better, but there's only been one review and it was from Macrosworld, so it's tainted. But the Wave stuff is priced like the Brave Gokin CM's, and those are much nicer, especially when they're currently on sale for 1/2 price.

Frankly all of the Wave stuff in this line looks great but is just overpriced when you look at what the things actually offer. Wave has always catered to the higher end crowd, but they used to have the product to back it up, these are a little too crappy for the price and Wave name.

The Ingram went to clearance pretty fast, mainly due to the CM's just being a better product for the money. This might last a bit longer since there isn't an alternative in this scale outside of 20 year old resin kits, but the Revoltech is a very nice piece at 1/8 price - and there's plenty of other Revoltech Patlabor to complement it.
Seeing as the CM's Ingram is 17.3cm tall to the tip of its big antenna, the WAVE Helldiver would appear a little bit larger at 17cm to the top of its no-antenna head. At over 10,000 yen for no metal, it was probably made in the same reality that spewed the CM's AVS and Mk-II.
[www.1999.co.jp]

Does anyone know if "sold out" in fact means sold out on this site, or is it just particularly bad Engrish for not available, i.e. not out yet?
nop

sold out means sold out, (like discontinued at hlj)
sadly you can't backorder...

SOME items have a "waiting list" but so far it's been pretty fucking useless for me...
=_=
guess I just missed it entirely then...
Perhaps you can still get it on Yahoo Auctions Japan?
Oh yeah, I mean no biggie, I was wondering if it had even come out, since not much was said about it, and it seemed some here were anticipating it's release. Thanks!
both the helldiver and the ingram are pretty cool built up models. They are more in line with model kits rather than the CM corp toys. They look more "real" if one were to use such a term....

However, they are pretty expensive for something that will likely break if messed around with too much but to display- awesome.
Do they have similar construction to the WHAM Tachis and Armsuits? Those things are light weight, but seem sturdy enough so far.
I'd recommend the Revoltech line of Patlabor stuff. All well done and they went far enough down the line to get to the Helldiver - which is arguably the best of the lot. You could also pick up the entire line for about the same cost as one of those.

The W.H.A.M. stuff never seemed to catch on, at least with the collectors here, I think I saw one review of the Ingram on MW - but it was ironically light on the specifics.
Yeah, I have the Revy Griffon and Zero. Pretty neat little figs, but a little small. I am actually using their joints on my Yamato T-Rex right now. I really wanted a helldiver for doing battle with my Brave Gohkins but I would like to see a side by side of the two first, I think. I am not quite as crazy as I used to be, regarding what I am willing to spend, so I don't see myself buying this anytime soon. Thanks for the input.

WHAM's seem to be hit or miss. I love the Tachi's and the Uchi, and although a little overpriced, the Armsuits rawk, but the SDF-1 didn't seem to be worth it. It's more about price point for me in this case than overall value.
I got the WHAM Armed Suit during the HLJ sale and liked it enough but paint stiction on the smaller arms caused a major problem: I broke the joints while posing them... it was helluva tough repair job :-/

The Tachis OTOH were surprisingly 'right' for what they were. All that diecast and opening hatches on the other brands' versions are cool, but tThe hollow construction of the WHAMs meant they were light enough to pull off some wacky poses, even sticking them upside down with some putty if you wanted to.
I never thought of the putty trick, I'll try that. Thanks dude. I'll be careful with the armsuits too, so thanks.
Try the black version of BLU-TAC... blends well with the feet :-)

Nice pic! Those olive drab and white Powered suits are calling for me... Speaking of which, be careful of the shoulder joints on those too, I just had to repair my khaki one.
Man, that IS an awesome shelf shot.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I still haven't seen the WAVE Helldiver in person, nor any pictorials of it with the Ingram. Nor with the CM's line-up for comparison. But at least someone did a good write-up on it:

[www.toyboxcollection.com]

Pity about the so-so poseability.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer