-------------------------------------------------------
> Some shots of Daimos taken at the show, including
> a close-up of the shoulder showing the
> swing-mechanism.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

I hope you don't mind I posted the pic of daimos at robot-japan...

thanks...

JOHN
cae Wrote:
> a t-shirt is worth $50?
>
> You obviously make a helluva lot more cash than I
> do ...

I bought a t-shirt for $60 4 years ago.. I still have it, its faded a bit but still wearable. I knew it was a waste of money, but i really liked it. Altho I havent spent more than $20 since (except for maybe a $35 band tshirt at a gig). I'm picky when it comes to clothing. So picky, it took 18 months to find a replacement hoodie.
So when I see something I like i'll pretty much pay anything for it.

Btw where can you get these gokin tees?
cae
have you tried here?

[www.tamashii.jp]

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Anavel Wrote:
> OLD SKOOL SHI(R)T.
>
> [www.tamashii.jp]
> ited/09/index.html

Yeah i saw that link, but well its all japanese to me. Babelfish butchers the language & Matt (or anyone else that understands jap) please feel free to correct me, but i think this is what i could make of all the babel gibberish..
- didnt sell all stock from tamashii nation?
- from april LaLabit Market will be selling a limited release?

Unfortunately i dont feel confident in signing up to a shopping website that doesnt offer english. Even tho the shop is 100% legit i have no idea what i'm clicking into.
GODMARS!

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

[www.toy-world.com.hk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 09:23AM by cf18.
Sanjeev (Admin)
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> Yeah i saw that link, but well its all japanese to
> me. Babelfish butchers the language & Matt (or
> anyone else that understands jap) please feel free
> to correct me, but i think this is what i could
> make of all the babel gibberish..

It amuses me to no end that people out there still abbreviate "Japanese" as "jap" (which I have). Please carry on.

Oh, and by the way, why don't you just get Celga or Rinkya to buy the t-shirt for you?
> Oh, and by the way, why don't you just get Celga
> or Rinkya to buy the t-shirt for you?

Because it'll still cost $50 overall, it's just then you'll have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get it.
Sanjeev (Admin)
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> So when I see something I like i'll pretty much
> pay anything for it.

I've used Celga for years. You just shoot them an e-mail with the URL and whatnot. I wouldn't really call that "jumping through hoops".
Black Sarina

[hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 12:41PM by cf18.
fujikuro Wrote:
> > Oh, and by the way, why don't you just get
> Celga
> > or Rinkya to buy the t-shirt for you?
>
> Because it'll still cost $50 overall, it's just
> then you'll have to jump through all kinds of
> hoops to get it.

Actually, It's an easy process but when all is said and done, by using one of those services, the shirt will probably be closer to $80. With them being the only game in town, it's either that or do without.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
> It amuses me to no end that people out there still
> abbreviate "Japanese" as "jap" (which I have).
> Please carry on.
>

True dat.....yet people still do (which I haven't, because I'm more enlightened than you all...except for gingaio).

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> > It amuses me to no end that people out there
> still
> > abbreviate "Japanese" as "jap" (which I have).
> > Please carry on.
> >
>
> True dat.....yet people still do (which I haven't,
> because I'm more enlightened than you all...except
> for gingaio).

True DAT, my brother, true dat. One of the most common questions I get walking down the street is, "Hey gingaio, why you so fly?"

I honestly don't know, man.

BTW, regarding the Chogokin T-shirt, yeah, that's just way too expensive. There's no way I can afford to pay for it unless I put it on layaway...oh, wait, I was just imitating some of you. Oh, SNAP!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 01:58PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Baller.
50 dollars for a tshirt is just retarded whether you can afford it or not even if it is a super choice tshirt that lets everyone around you know how cool you are and attracts beautiful wimmen like this tshirt would
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Not a fucking word about Godmars!?! Man, you fuckers really suck. And just so you all know I have a couple of those Chogokin tshirts and they're not for sale. So.... Now start talking about Godmars. NOW!

Godmars looks incredible!!! The box, the toy the design... I'm dyin' to get this like yesterday.

Jap.

;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 03:26PM by Erik Sjoen.
That Godmars is butt-ugly. Did a 4yr old design that?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
heh...thats the same shirt I've worn to all the summits etc. It's a great quality item, I've had mine for over 5 years now and after repeated washings it hasn't faded or shrunk one bit since i first got it.Besides the chogokin logo on the front, it also has the Popy logo on one of the sleeves.
cae Wrote:
> a t-shirt is worth $50?
>
> You obviously make a helluva lot more cash than I
> do ...

I guess everyone at Willie Nelson concerts do, too.

They were snapping up his $55 t-shirts!
(Heh! I just remembered the TICKETS only cost $50 for the good seats! LOL)

I also retract my suggestion to make horrible, damaging, filthy bootlegs of these glorious t-shirts. You four guys in the US who want 'em should either import 'em or SUCK IT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 05:08PM by japester.
did he play your favorite tune or was he too busy smoking dope backstage with godmars
hillsy Wrote:
> That Godmars is butt-ugly. Did a 4yr old design
> that?

A 4-year old sanitation engineer. He looks like garbage cans. ^_^
Godmars must have some pretty impressive engineering to look so smooth in both modes.
Daimos kicks ass! Godmars kickass! You must have some kick ass garbage cans where u live Jape & hills.
Black Sarena is one of those chogokins that I'm not sure if I want but might feel bad if I pass it up. Looks better than I thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Daimos kicks ass! Godmars kickass! You must have
> some kick ass garbage cans where u live Jape &
> hills.

To be fair, even I didn't think so at first. But then I photographed mine with a brick wall behind it, and it changed my world.

Anonymous User

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 09:18PM by Anavel.
Attachments:
open | download - mars.jpg (76.8 KB)
Shouldn't it be "S'up Foo'?"

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I made do with a GODTRON for years... the SOC still doesn't have that level of funk. :-/
Isn't that the Orbots garbage can, Anavel?

I thought that was just a protoype...!
Anonymous User
Hot damn, I so LOVE the box. Looks to me like Bandai's gone Popy all the way with this box design, right down to the window-style inner cover. I hope they do this for all the future SOC boxes. I really dislike the traditional design with the textured background colors - it looks so dated and dull. The original Popy box designs had so much more funk. And by the way - seems they used reflective silver on the 'GODMARS' letterings - WHOA! What I'd really like to see next time are some CG or even old-school hand-drawn illustrations on the front of the box to complement the photos of the actual toy. That would be really old-school.

The toy looks really great. I'm amazed how they pulled the perfect transformation without having any limbs stick out from the back - it's so clean! What's funny is that neither the individual modes nor the combined modes look complex at all yet his is turning out to be the most complex SOC Bandai has ever made (yup, even more so than Dancouga, Gunbuster or Ideon). I don't think I'll be able to transform this without the manual! Anyway, just got word from my supplier this will hit Singapore next week. Just reserved 2 sets, 1 for playing and 1 to put in the trunk (I understand putting expensive diecast robots in trunks seem to be the 'in' thing right now. I know it's not exactly a Dancouga Nova and my car's nowhere as cool as a Mercedes, but I wanna pimp like Gingao.). Woo Hoo!

Btw - the joints for sphinx's legs looks rather flimsy because it's only got a hinge on 1 side per leg, reminiscent of Baikanfu's joint system on the legs. However, seeing stable Baikanfu was, I don't think this should be any cause for concern. The hollowness on GodMarz' legs becomes really obvious when you try to pose him, and putting Gaiga in doesn't seem to help very much seeing how htin his legs are - those skinny red shins of his look quite awkward when viewed through the gaps of Sphinx' legs. Anyway, I guess this is unavoidable.

Despite the complaints about the gaps, I just know I'll love the final product as much as I love SOC Dancouga. I'm so glad I didn't blow $550 on the Godaikin Godmars - I was almost ready to do so early last year. This is WAYYYYY superior!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 02:08AM by Amuro-Ray.
cae
> I guess everyone at Willie Nelson concerts do, too.

50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong

Listen, go ahead pay $50 or more for a t-shirt if you want. Some of us are smarter with our money, is all.

Some of us know that, instead of a stupid t-shirt, $50 can get you a five inch tall, minimally articulated blob of glowie vinyl which is marketed as "kaiju" but looks like it was very recently wrenched out of a leper's ass.

PS Godmars looks really stupid but I'm glad you're happy Unca Sjoen.

hassenpfeffer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 01:55AM by cae.
japester Wrote:

> To be fair, even I didn't think so at first. But
> then I photographed mine with a brick wall behind
> it, and it changed my world.

Nice try, but your garbage can looks like Zaku;)
I emailed celga for an estimate on the tee and i'll make my decision from that.
Also I dont c wats so strange bout shortnin words.. Save a whole 2 seconds of my time.

On to godmars tho.. PHWARR! Sure looks dang purty. Trashcan or not he's still cool. and besides whats cooler than a robotic trashcan THAT TRANSFORMS! Craps all over R2D2's lame cup holder (btw i dont want to start a war between godmars & starwars people...)

I stared for ages to find out where the leg robots arms & head fold to. Because the main dude shoves his big foot in em. Oh well i'll just have to wait till i get mine.
Sanjeev (Admin)
eitlobsaboo Wrote:
> Also I dont c wats so strange bout shortnin
> words.. Save a whole 2 seconds of my time.

Oooohhhhhhhh!

Duh. I get it now: you're Vincent Z!

Ass.
I think hes just goofing

we should all lighten up a bit its like a bunch of bitter old ladies in here

this is toys

TOYS!
Sanjeev (Admin)
I rarely lighten up when it comes to moronic racism. Plus, I just like being ornery. :P
I've decided to listen to Gingaios preachings and stop being so concerned about money. That means a Godmars for me, I haven't been this impressed by an SOC since Gunbuster.
(which I have) should've been added to that last sentence.
You're right, I failed. (which I have)
All ass no class :P

I try to keep the topic on the robots but people keep prodding me with a 'your a dumbass' stick.. Which i am :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer