SOC news

Posted by Fort Max 
Hey Vince, I've been pretty cool to you lately, haven't I?
Sjoen is in Japan...without me?!?

Vinnie, what Sjoen was basically saying is your "adult" analysis of a show intended for kids (and that he remembers fondly) is akin to raining on his parade (aka joy over getting a cool version of a toy from said fondly remembered show). How often does he get to be excited over new stuff?

And how I'll still take episodes of GodMars over The Melancholy of Miyazaki, any day.

An Vinnie...why do YOU come back? There are no Japanese schoolgirls here.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 03:21PM by hillsy.
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vinnie, what Sjoen was basically saying is your
> "adult" analysis of a show intended for kids (and
> that he remembers fondly) is akin to raining on
> his parade (aka joy over getting a cool version of
> a toy from said fondly remembered show). How often
> does he get to be excited over new stuff?
>
Wait, Sjoen was saying all of that? I didn't realize that the man's badassedness allowed room for sentimentality.

BTW, I'm watching the 3rd season of The Melancholy of Hayabashi, and it's amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 03:38PM by gingaio.
>Hey Vince, I've been pretty cool to you lately, haven't I?

More or less.

>An Vinnie...why do YOU come back? There are no Japanese schoolgirls here.

Because I like mecha too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> >Hey Vince, I've been pretty cool to you lately,
> haven't I?
>
> More or less.

Yay! Vince and I are BFF!!!
"Yay! Vince and I are BFF!!!"

b*tt f*cking f*ggots?
"Wait, Sjoen was saying all of that? I didn't realize that the man's badassedness allowed room for sentimentality."

Ah, but the presence of said sentimentality is part of what makes up Sjoen's badassedness. You just need the right translation software to see it.

And just wait until you see the next volume: Shin Melancholy of Hayabusa. Mind blowing stuff.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sheeny Wrote:
> "Yay! Vince and I are BFF!!!"
>
> b*tt f*cking f*ggots?

I wish I could understand what you're asking but I think your keyboard is broken.
wh* d* y*u s*y t*at?

I c*n r*ad th*s p*rf*ctly asshole
I never thought that asshole Eric would leave, It's about fucken time, your like the houseguest from hell. Take your little girlfriend Sanjeev with you.;)
Yeah! Take that, Sanjeev and Sjoen (and Roger and Vince)! You guys are so gay!!! That's so funny, you know, the idea of some dude who wants to stick his ding-dong in another dude. Whoa! Mindblowing!!!! Groooooooooossss!!!! Cooties!!! HA HA HA!

Tot*lly Aw*some!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 08:00PM by gingaio.
Man, we can FINALLY talk shit about Sjoen behind his back. I can say stuff like....or.....maybe.....crap, I said it all to his face already.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> Man, we can FINALLY talk shit about Sjoen behind
> his back. I can say stuff
> like....or.....maybe.....crap, I said it all to
> his face already.

You the man!
Make those bootleg shirts! Now! please;)
Why doesnt everyone just blab on in a new thread called 'I wanna be a toysnob DX' and leave this thread to SOC NEWS.. I dont mind the occasion drift off topic, but it just seems to be turning into shit throwing competition.
Eh, one doesn't plan to shit where they eat, but when nature calls and you've got the runs....

Welcome to TBDX...whoops...TSDX.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
cae
> Why doesnt everyone just blab on in a new thread called 'I wanna be a toysnob DX'
> and leave this thread to SOC NEWS

because we're children.

hassenpfeffer
Hey Cae what are you doing here?

Last time i was here you were saying you were getting away from all of these robot loving nerds and this stupid japanese robot collecting travesty of a hobby!
Remember how you said that there were more important things to life than toys that poison the environment! That was time to make a difference in this shitty world!
And when you said: "Whos coming with me?" i believed in your words man!

And i dumped all my toys...And now by chance i come here to see how godmars is shaping up and you are here... like nothing ever hapenned!!!

You are a sell out! Like bono man! This is bulldhit!

CAE: ARE YOU HEARING ME?
Forgive me for any derailment I've brought to this thread. Ok guys?

Yes, let's get back to discussing overly expensive nostalgia items.

I'm waiting till they go on sale a little bit at BBTS but which should I get first. Ideon or Baikanfu? I'm leaning towards Baikanfu.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
I'd say Ideon, I'm leaving Baikanfu for now, not really sure whether I want him or not. Plus Ideon is pretty much the biggest SOC to date.
I'd say depends on what you want in an SOC... Ideon is a very nice, heavy figure, but it's mostly a display piece. Its heaviness makes it floppy and you can't really "play" with it. But, if you want heavy gokin goodness, it's all there. Baikanfu, on the other hand, could easily be played with by an 8-year old. There's not much there that might break, it's still got decent heft. It definitely looks more toy-like, though. So, totally depends on what you're going for. I'd recommend both, though even with Ideon being one of my very favorite shows ever, I'd probably say Baikanfu is the better overall SOC.
cae
> Remember how you said that there were more important things to life than toys that poison the environment!

I'm no longer poisoning the environment with toys. Now I am using the internet.

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
SOC's are boring.

More amusing bickering about The Melancholy of Shoko Asahara.

Wait...so if Sjoen's gone...and Vincent's still here...that means that Sheeny=fiercerobot=Vincent Z, r*ght?
dont get me all confused and mixed up with you people

forget it
To me, the really funny thing about this thread is that I don't know many of the participants well enough to tell when they're kidding around. So when someone is pissed, I can't tell if they're trying to get a laugh or if they're really pissed.

(Vince and I are still BFF.)
The first part of ganhoo's godmars review is up. Check out the foam tray.

[ganhoo.blog47.fc2.com]
Sanjeev Wrote:
> SOC's are boring.
>
> More amusing bickering about The Melancholy of
> Shoko Asahara.
>
> Wait...so if Sjoen's gone...and Vincent's still
> here...that means that Sheeny=fiercerobot=Vincent
> Z, r*ght?

No S*nj*ev, Sheeny=fiercerobot=Jes=Fugly ...they w*re all bred fr*m the s*me pl*ce, I thi*k,

BTW, SOC < a good vintage toy. That's my news, hobos!
I was trying to get a laugh, Erik obviously got it and make fun of Sanjeev because he is the kid that can dish it out but can't take it and Sjoen steps in to protect him like a boyfriend would for his girl.

Sheeny,Jes, and Fugly = good people with the audacity to stand up to the trolls on this board

fiercerobot=fiercerobot

Gingaio= phonywannaberichguybutinrealityisdirtpoor = Argentina loudmouth= Troll = Sanjeev

Now that we have all vented and guessed at all of our secret identities maybe we can get back to SOC talk. Let's do the virtual fist touching and act like men and not like women who hold grudges.

Daimos, Raideen, Godmars = three way tie for TOTY
I think eric is off making that new toysnotdx site.

how do you say his last name anyways like joan with an s? wierd stuff guys gotta be a foreigner originaly

if any of those three will be great it will be raideen becuase the rest are to ugly
I think you pronounce it sojen, but that's just a guess. Raideen does kick ass, but Godmars just screams badass robot and Daimos will be great next to his brothers Voltes V and Combattler.

What's great is that any of these robots are being made into SOC. I thought that after Great Mazinger the line would end because of the price, I never thought anyone would pay more than $125 for an SOC and I had no idea how many collectors there actually were who be interested in an expensive diecast robot.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Sheeny Wrote:
> I think eric is off making that new toysnotdx
> site.

Yes.

>
> how do you say his last name anyways like joan
> with an s? wierd stuff guys gotta be a foreigner
> originaly

Shown. You've been shown the light...

> if any of those three will be great it will be
> raideen becuase the rest are to ugly

God Marz or Daimos. I thing Reideen's been done to death.
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Gingaio= phonywannaberichguybutinrealityisdirtpoor
> = Argentina loudmouth= Troll = Sanjeev
>

ImnotArgentinianbutwhathaveyougotagainstArgentiniansanywaydudeletsbefriendsandpracticeoursyntaxtogetherokay?

> Let's do the virtual fist touching and act
> like men and not like women who hold grudges.
>
Let's see: homophobic, sexist, and has something against Argentinians. Ah, newbies. I love 'em.

OhyeahGodmarzRULZZZanditdoesnotlooklikeatrashcan!!!
Aw, Rog....we all love each other...Corey loves Jape, fiercerobot loves Shown and Sanjeev (some strange triangle thing), you love Vinnie, Matt loves the Japanese, and Gingaio loves himself. A little too often, sometimes. Give it a rest, man...you CAN break it!

Oh yeah...on topic....Daimos will rock my anus.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 08:44PM by hillsy.
I don't have anything against Argentinians,just one dls=Chris.It=gingaio(I think)

yeah we can be friends or at least tbdx acquaintance

I actually like Godmars(which I don't have) your confusing me with someone else, but I want to add that the black Great Mazinger(which I have) is the best SOC so far.

Peace
fiercerobot Wrote:
> I don't have anything against Argentinians,just
> one dls=Chris.It=gingaio(I think)
>
Awesome, let's be TBDX BAF (Best Acquaintances Forever)! Yeah, I totally hate that Chris.It-Argentinian guy, too. I think those Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians! Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo!

Also, just to further clarify things, I am not Sanjeev. Sanjeev, by his name alone, is obviously a French-Argentinian-Pakistani, or a FrancArgenPak, and I hate those people, too.

BTW, thanks for your concern, Hillsy, but I haven't touched my guysack in months. I swear:

[www.metalmachinemusic.com]

Peace to EVERYONE!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 10:19PM by gingaio.
gingaio Wrote:
> fiercerobot Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't have anything against Argentinians,just
> > one dls=Chris.It=gingaio(I think)
> >
> Awesome, let's be TBDX BAF (Best Acquaintances
> Forever)! Yeah, I totally hate that
> Chris.It-Argentinian guy, too. I think those
> Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the
> worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians!
> Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo!

You mean there are not any Argetinians in Italy, this is racist and will piss off Sanjeev to no end. I thought a rich boy like you would be able to fly all over the world or least figure out how to get an Italian IP address to show up on the board next to your name.

> Also, just to further clarify things, I am not
> Sanjeev. Sanjeev, by his name alone, is obviously
> a French-Argentinian-Pakistani, or a
> FrancArgenPak, and I hate those people, too.
>
> BTW, thanks for your concern, Hillsy, but I
> haven't touched my guysack in months. I swear:

You can't touch what you can't see. Infantile penus huh, those are the breaks at least your rich=poor.LOL
fiercerobot Wrote:
> You mean there are not any Argetinians in Italy,
> this is racist and will piss off Sanjeev to no
> end. I thought a rich boy like you would be able
> to fly all over the world or least figure out how
> to get an Italian IP address to show up on the
> board next to your name.
>
Dude, relax. I'm totally agreeing with you--I also have nothing against Argentinians, only ArgItalians (not to be confused with ItaliArgentinians). There. We're in total agreement. No need to get worked up.

> > BTW, thanks for your concern, Hillsy, but I
> > haven't touched my guysack in months. I swear:
>
> You can't touch what you can't see. Infantile
> penus huh, those are the breaks at least your
> rich=poor.LOL

Oh, SNAP! I have a small penis! You totally got me, you clever, macho man. Bravo!

BTW, you keep bringing up the money issue, saying I'm really poor and everything, and man, I just want you to know that I'm not pissed off or anything about that. But just chill, playa. No need to be hatin', okay? I don't know what your money situation is, and maybe you're a hobo and maybe not, and if you are, you can be my BAF hobo, okay?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 11:49PM by gingaio.
I can only give you a hard time on what you post, since I have no idea who you really are.

I thought when I posted peace that people would understand I meant peace. I don't know what I was thinking.
cae
it's getting weird in here.

hassenpfeffer
cae Wrote:
> it's getting weird in here.

Getting?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer