[VOTOMs] New stuff from Toys Daily

Posted by Scopedog 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks for the info, guys. So, it sounds like they only did a Scopedog and a Turtle? Kind of a bummer...
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had handled the Yamato IRC Scopedogs and whether or not they are as much of a hoot as they look to be.
I gave up on getting one since the Takara DMZ stuff was in full effect at the time, making for a much more desirable way to blow $200 on a Scopedog.

Now that you mention it I don't think I ever saw those in the wild. I thought that maybe they never got released, since the importers ignored them, and the listings went to discontinued quickly.
There are 3 metric fucktons of them available on YJP!, many of which are around 7500 yen or so... if I make enough extra dough I might pull the trigger on one of these. The description says it is a posable 1/24 figure with the remote zooming gimick AND with sound fx. Opening cockpit with pilot minifig! That sounds like a lot of zazz in a relatively small package. I have seen some neat video but haven't seen any actual reviews anywhere. I found them by doing the CollectionDX Votoms search and adding 1/24 to the description and searching again.
I think I'll need a weight measurement conversion chart for "fucktons".

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Metric to standard or fuckton to shitload?
I'm not sure if you've used a buying service before for YJ, but in my experience it usually ended up about twice the auction price by the time it arrived at my door, so plan accordingly.

After spending way too much on fees and shipping (more than the actual cost of what I was buying at times) I decided that I would only venture to YJ for something that I absolutely could not track down for cheaper anywhere else.
Agreed, and thanks for the heads up. I went through a phase of using a proxy service and got stung by the fees before... it's easy to let it get out of hand. Every now and then Rinkya has some sort of promotion or another and I try to jump on those when I can. I wish more Japanese sellers would use eBay America. I just got a chrome Brutishdog to customize not too long back from a fella from over there. Worked out swimmingly.
The video for the IRC Scopedogs is hilarious.
HAW Thanks for that vid. Missed that when they came out.
I think they're trying to make it look like the Scopedogs have some sorta LED/reciever/Lazertag targeting system built in to fight your buddies with. That would be cool if it was.

And I love the whole, "Whoops, we can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn!" fight sequences.
"Here come my fist!...Ooops, missed again, wait, ..Do-Over!"
"Come back here, I mean it!"
repairtechjon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they're trying to make it look like the
> Scopedogs have some sorta LED/reciever/Lazertag
> targeting system built in to fight your buddies
> with. That would be cool if it was.

They do. ZAP your homie's Scopedog with yours and it makes a blowing-up sound.
Yup, that's the vid I was referring to. It really makes me want one, but I would either have to pony up for two or find someone near me crazy enough to shell out for another one to fight me with.
Warrhead Wrote:
> Yup, that's the vid I was referring to. It really
> makes me want one, but I would either have to pony
> up for two or find someone near me crazy enough to
> shell out for another one to fight me with.

Eh, I don't think you're missing much with these. If they're going for 50% off on YJA less than two years after their release that probably says something about either their popularity or quality. And Yamato isn't really known for their outstanding QC.

But I was never an RC enthusiast. Those things were only about half as interesting to me as their battery packs were long...
Gcrush wrote: "They do."
Awesome. Thanks for that heads up. Seems like a fun toy.

Mr. Warr,
Bring it to the next summit, and we'll FIGHT!

And hold on now,.. Votoms + rollerskates = "ROGER" sticker for the backpack?
Gcrush Wrote:
> Warrhead Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yup, that's the vid I was referring to. It
> really
> > makes me want one, but I would either have to
> pony
> > up for two or find someone near me crazy enough
> to
> > shell out for another one to fight me with.
>
> Eh, I don't think you're missing much with these.
> If they're going for 50% off on YJA less than two
> years after their release that probably says
> something about either their popularity or
> quality. And Yamato isn't really known for their
> outstanding QC.
>
> But I was never an RC enthusiast. Those things
> were only about half as interesting to me as their
> battery packs were long...

Yeah, I'm well aware of Yamato's track record, but I wonder if it has anything to do with a price tag of approx. 15.000 yen for a 1/24 scale plastic figure. I mean, yeah it's remote control and all, but it's still a fairly small package for the retail price. 7,500 yen sounds like it could be a decent deal though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 07:10PM by Warrhead.
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Gcrush wrote: "They do."
> Awesome. Thanks for that heads up. Seems like a
> fun toy.
>
> Mr. Warr,
> Bring it to the next summit, and we'll FIGHT!
>
> And hold on now,.. Votoms + rollerskates = "ROGER"
> sticker for the backpack?

If I buy it, I will bring it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer