[VOTOMs] New stuff from Toys Daily

Posted by Scopedog 
Sachiel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know what's going on with Bandai's models?

I may be misunderstanding your question, but the first picture in Anavel's post is Bandai's upcoming plastic 1/20 Fatty, which is what's going on with Bandai's models.
No you weren't. I didn't notice it. Cool. Does it come with different parts for different versions?
Doubtful, the Scopedog didn't. That's what accessory sets are for.
Any news on the price of the Jumbo Scopedog?
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Any news on the price of the Jumbo Scopedog?

No price yet.
Anonymous User
Here is my finally completed Bandai Scopedog. Finally felt like finishing it after binging Palisen files. Awesome kit. I recommend anybody mildly interested pick up the "Metal Spec" version (for less than the normal) while its on sale @ HLJ.

[www.hlj.com]

Hlj also has this great (non Votoms) kit on sale as well.

[www.hlj.com]

Beware the shipping charges... IIRC, 1/20 metal-spec is larger than most MG boxes
My Bandai Red Shoulder kit arrived last week and I am very impressed with the engineering. Everything fits precisely and when assembled most of the flash is hidden. The box is big (39x31x11 cm - 15x12x4 inches). Shipping was about $15 with SAL.

And a metal spec is on it's way. :)
New pics of Bandai's 1/20 Fatty and CM's 1/35 Corp Warrior-1 from toysdaily.

[www.toysdaily.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 01:43AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - dk5-2.jpg (122.5 KB)
open | download - dk5-1.jpg (141.1 KB)
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Wow. Don't really have time to watch anime but I've been catching Votoms "on demand" here and there in Japanese. It's super dark.. I've owned most of the vintage takara stuff for years and never really known the backstory. I can really dig now why folks are so down with Chirico. Hardcore.
Stone cold. Although the story explains why, so it's not just one dimensional, as some have complained about (without watching it all apparently).
Chirico Cuvie. So hard, he makes the average nail look like something you wouldn't risk striking with even a jelly hammer.
I've found it to be more TWO dimensional.

Cue ShaggyDog... :)
I've been watching in On Demand, too. I'm really enjoying it. Now I'm more compelled to buy those Bandai Kits. How tall is the Scopedog?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2008 06:14AM by Sachiel.
Sachiel Wrote:
> I've been watching in On Demand, too. I'm really
> enjoying it. Now I'm more compelled to buy those
> Bandai Kits. How tall is the Scopedog?

The Bandai Scopedog is 19.5cm (7.7") tall. That is to the top of its head. It is a little bit bigger than the official height of 3804mm x 1/20.
Erik-That's kinda like me with Macross now. I've bought many Valkyries and such but now am almost done watching the original TV series.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
GA Graphic has a new pictures of the upcoming Bandai 1/20 Fatty (2 versions). They also show parts of a Pailsen Files Scopedog.

Anonymous User
I'm curious about the Anti AT rifle, is it in the latest palisen files episodes or are they showing it for some other reason?
Anavel Wrote:
> I'm curious about the Anti AT rifle, is it in the
> latest palisen files episodes or are they showing
> it for some other reason?

In Pailsen #7 the crew is being sniped by a guy with a similar looking rifle. There aren't any Fatties in this episode though. I guess we will probably see it in one of the upcoming episodes.

Just to let you know, the 1/20 Brutishdog is now on sale at HLJ for just ¥1800!
[www.hlj.com]
About the anti-AT rifle again. Could it have something to do with Merowlink? These series are about a hunter named Merowlink Ality, who is armed only with an anti-AT rifle. Has anybody seen the series?

Here is a trailer (with mighty fine music...)
[www.youtube.com]

Some fatties getting shot
[www.youtube.com]

And here is the background information
[www.mahq.net]

EDIT: I guess I was right..
[www.hlj.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2008 01:00PM by Scurvy Dog.
So, is the DMZ line dead? Most of the releases are selling for ridiculously cheap on YJ except for the first one, and no news on anything new other than AG, and even those have slowed to a trickle. I guess when it rains it pours, then it's clearance and nothing. The Yamato stuff hasn't really been selling either since the original got TOTY. I guess it's great for those that didn't get stuff yet, it's all marked down, but my retail purchases are now a little more painful when I see the current rates.

It's ironic that the toys came out successfully when there hadn't been a show in over a decade, but as soon as a new series is launched the whole thing dries up.

Maybe I'll try to snag the mail-order one now.

What about that supposed DMZ Dougram?
Blame the economic situation. The collectible toy market in Japan is really hurting right now.
The new 35Max Fatty Space Type, available November 2008, ¥5800
More pictures of it here: [www.1999.co.jp]

There's a few new pictures of a painted prototype. I like it. :)

[www.honkyproducts.jp]
I've since written off that thing. They're saying December now for a release, but it's going to be in Daigokin territory in terms of price, or worse.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> I've since written off that thing. They're saying
> December now for a release, but it's going to be
> in Daigokin territory in terms of price, or worse.

I don't think it's meant for the average toy-buyer. I think this will be geared toward the store display crowd that bought the giant Gundam and Zaku. I think it will easily be over $1000.
Has a release date been set for the Jumbo Votom? Price?
Don't see either on the web site.
For those still interested in that 1/6 beast by HonkyTonk.

I can't read Japanese, but this is my guess:
Price: ¥294,000 ($2,774)
Release: Dec 2008
Max Factory should be happy that *somebody* likes the big-headed look. :-)
Wow, the proportions are a lot like the old Takara model kits.
Any new news on the Jumbo Votom? Is it in stores in Japan?
MattAlt (Admin)
Honky Products (god, how I love that company name) hasn't updated their website since last September. Given the current economic climate I wouldn't be surprised if it was shelved, but then again, we're talking about otaku here, so who knows.
I forgot the price they decided on. $3k.
I can see $200-$300 for it to sell well, but $3k for plastic or fiberglass is ridiculous. Even if it was diecast $3k would be way too much. It looks like the size of a Jumbo Zaku so it should be around the same price. Maybe they should make a deal with Bandai so this figure actually gets manufactured at a reasonable price.
fiercerobot Wrote:
> I can see $200-$300 for it to sell well, but $3k
> for plastic or fiberglass is ridiculous. Even if
> it was diecast $3k would be way too much. It looks
> like the size of a Jumbo Zaku so it should be
> around the same price. Maybe they should make a
> deal with Bandai so this figure actually gets
> manufactured at a reasonable price.

Just buy it you hobo.
MattAlt (Admin)
"ridiculous... way too much.... Maybe they should make a deal with Bandai so this figure actually gets manufactured at a reasonable price."

A major company like Bandai wouldn't touch a super niche product like this with a ten foot pole. That's a big part of why it's selling for the price that it is.

I think this illustrates a prime example of the difference between Japanese and American fans. Among Japanese fans, I get the sense that people would rather see someone with a dream of making a crazy product pursue it, even if the end result is out of the reach of the average consumer.

Many of my fellow Americans, on the other hand, seem to feel entitled to own everything they want, and if it doesn't happen to fall within some arbitrary price range, then the poor sap who had the gall to chase their dream oughtta be crucified.

Why is that?
Anonymous User
MattAlt Wrote:

> I think this illustrates a prime example of the
> difference between Japanese and American fans.
> Among Japanese fans, I get the sense that people
> would rather see someone with a dream of making a
> crazy product pursue it, even if the end result is
> out of the reach of the average consumer.

A good reason why StudioHalfeye is still around, churning out awesome transforming resin robots which I can't afford.

That said, Honky makes Hakfeye's Dancouga Nova look cheap.
If Bandai or some other big company would touch this product then this person's dream would come true. This person would end up making more money because his product would be affordable to more people and could be mass produced. Believe me I want this guy to succeed so I can buy his dream. But asking for$3k for a new toy is a strategy that will almost guarantee failure. IMO

This toy has the same articulation as a Jumbo Zaku, made of vinyl and about the same size. Maybe that's why $3k seems so outrageous because it looks like a Jumbo Zaku with a new head and they are asking for $2800 more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 02:06AM by fiercerobot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer