[VOTOMs] New stuff from Toys Daily

Posted by Scopedog 
"Balalant New AT" is coming out in resin in 1/24 scale from Wave

1/48 Takara AG-Next 02 is the Purple Bear at 5250yen (THAT PRICE IS EXCESSIVE!!)

1/12 Fyana from Yamato at 3990yen (it's about time!)

[www.toysdaily.com]
some pics of 1/48 scale stuff for you votomic peoples

[www.toyskingdom.com.hk]

[www.toyskingdom.com.hk]

[www.toyskingdom.com.hk]
Commando Vorct Scopedogs from CM's Corporation:

[www.toyskingdom.com.hk]
[www.toyskingdom.com.hk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 09:01AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - TOY-RBT-0104.jpg (113.6 KB)
open | download - TOY-RBT-0105.jpg (123.8 KB)
Better pictures of the Commando Vorct toys from CM's website:

[www.cmscorp.jp]
[www.cmscorp.jp]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 01:43PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - l01.jpg (99.2 KB)
open | download - l02.jpg (60.7 KB)
open | download - l03.jpg (53.8 KB)
open | download - l04.jpg (71.7 KB)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 01:44PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - l02b.jpg (72 KB)
open | download - l03b.jpg (81.6 KB)
open | download - l04b.jpg (70.2 KB)
Sweet figures for cool modern Votoms designs, but I don't collect the CM's line. If only these were for the Takara Arctic Gears or DMZ, then I am all over it.
Anonymous User
Not sure how big these are, but they look kind of sad. QC and proportions look iffy, and whats with the huge gap between the body and the arms? Max factory already did commando vorct figures, and I think they came out quite nice looking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 12:08AM by Anavel.
Anonymous User
not sure if this has been covered already but hlj is listing dmz-06 as Scopedog Rido Battle version. Anybody know what this is actually going to be.

[www.hlj.com]
DMZ-06 Rido Version is basically DMZ-01 with an added Round Mover backpack. Its good news for people that missed the boat on DMZ-01. Rido version is pretty much the Scopedog Chirico pilot at the beginning of Episode 1, when he first discovered Fyana in the capsule.
Anavel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not sure if this has been covered already but hlj
> is listing dmz-06 as Scopedog Rido Battle version.
> Anybody know what this is actually going to be.
>
> [www.hlj.com]

It's probably this purple Melkia Space Type from the first episode:
[www.toyhobby.jp]
That purple Melkian version is not DMZ-06, even though its pretty close. The Melkian is a special limited edition you can only order through Takara's shopping site, starting Nov 4 2007. The DMZ-06 is green with weathering and markings, just like DMZ-01, but with the Round Mover like this purple guy. Going to look like this:

From the look of it, it might even come with the articulated hands.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 05:51PM by mpchi.
1/24th scale from Yamato... Is this utterly new or have they been making dogs in this scale?

[www.toysdaily.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
> 1/24th scale from Yamato... Is this utterly new
> or have they been making dogs in this scale?
>
> [www.toysdaily.com]
> tml

It's new. It's a Radio Control Scopedog. It was announced almost a year ago:
[toyboxdx.com]
Ah ha! So that thing that I thought was a futuristic casket accessory is actually the controller...
Maybe old news, but I'm currently waiting for this.

[www.honkyproducts.jp]

Still unsure if the pilot suit is included, and the price is unknown. I'm guessing at least $300, but probably more like $500.

I prefer the DMZ stuff over everything else, but a Brutishdog or Marshydog is all I want from the dog design from now on. It's time to move on to Kummen and a whole new design.

I've got about 90% of the Actic stuff, but those AC Next ones are way too much for what they are. They are comparable to the HCM Pro stuff, but twice as much. I know Takara is no Bandai, but they are probably the second largest toy manufacturer in Japan.
The prototype of the 1/6 Scopedog don't look so hot though. The sculpt is not very good looking, and the head is huge. Its like a step back from the Max big head figures. Same big head, but inferior sculpt overall. Hope they'll make changes and improve on it.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> Still unsure if the pilot suit is included, and
> the price is unknown. I'm guessing at least $300,
> but probably more like $500.

The pilot suit is from a Takara 1/6 Chirico doll that was released in the 90's(they also made Fyana). To me, it seems unlikely that the Scopedog will come with it. Volks' 1/8 Scopedog garage kit was like 98000 yen which is over $900. I think this toy could easily exceed $1000.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 09:54PM by Scopedog.
That suit doesn't look like the Takara one (too nice). Volks is not exactly known for friendly pricing. A kit with a limited production is also license to rape since those resin heads are used to paying in organs for Volks kits. That kit was also far more complex from what I remember seeing.

It's fiberglass and metal joints so I can't think of anything that's been done like that to compare, maybe the Hyper Hobby Gundam. I have no idea how big the company is or what kind of production run they can pull off. A price of $500 is about the most I'd pay and I doubt it would be that low, but given that it's a toy instead of a kit, I'd see it less than what Volks was crazy enough to charge. A guy can hope.

The design is not final from what I've seen, the last post shows that they are looking at the other iterations from "competitors". I don't mind the big head, I think they are trying to get real Jumbo with it and go for a retro look.

There seems to be some news on that Yamato 1/24 RC release too. A price that isn't insane is probably the most shocking.

[www.collectiondx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 01:25PM by Chirico Cuvie.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> That suit doesn't look like the Takara one (too
> nice).

The head, body and fabric part are different, but the vinyl parts are definitely from the Takara doll. Trust me, I own both the Takara 1/6 Chirico and Fyana dolls.

I'm sticking to my prediction. This toy will easily cost over $1000.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2008 01:20AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - Honkytonk Dog 2.JPG (36.8 KB)
open | download - Honkytonk Dog.JPG (72.6 KB)
The big-head proportions don't look that bad on such a large model. If anything, it's the scrawny hands that bother me. But heck, I'm never going to own one of these monsters! I'll keep my Votoms dreams focused on DMZ Turtles, Toirtoises and Fattys.
mcfitch (Admin)
You nees 2 grown men* to play with it according to the pictures.
-Mason

*2 pack of grown men sold separately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
[www.honkyproducts.jp]

According to Honkytonk's latest update, the 1/6 Scopedog is going to be made from FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) cast by hand from FRP molds. This sounds extremely expensive, so I'm sticking by my $1000+ estimate(still worth it, in my opinion, though I'm not planning on buying one). They also mention an original vinyl figure line called Retro Future Vinyl under a brand name of FREE STYLE. Not sure if original means that it will consist of completely original designs or if it will perhaps be a line of VOTOMs vinyl toys.
Scopedog Wrote:
> [www.honkyproducts.jp]
>
> According to Honkytonk's latest update, the 1/6
> Scopedog is going to be made from FRP (Fiberglass
> Reinforced Plastic) cast by hand from FRP molds.
> This sounds extremely expensive, so I'm sticking
> by my $1000+ estimate(still worth it, in my
> opinion, though I'm not planning on buying one).

It also sounds like a pretty bad design idea, because any accidental dropping will lead to very hard to repair damage to the figure... FRP is quite though, but rather non-flexible. I also hope the metal joints are made in such a way there's no rubbing of metal and frp parts, because otherwise the joints will loosen quite fast wherever they touch the frp...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
thomas Wrote:
> It also sounds like a pretty bad design idea,
> because any accidental dropping will lead to very
> hard to repair damage to the figure... FRP is
> quite though, but rather non-flexible. I also hope
> the metal joints are made in such a way there's no
> rubbing of metal and frp parts, because otherwise
> the joints will loosen quite fast wherever they
> touch the frp...

This is from the January 25th update:

"Since the body is made of FRP, the parts are not heavy like casting. However, because of its size, the joints must be made of metal, to maintain durability.
Although it is said "fully movable", it's not a product to play around like action figures, but we are paying full attention so that the joints won't wear out quickly."
HLJ is having DMZ-05 Turbo Custom on sale for 30%OFF! Get it while you can.

[www.hlj.com]

I really don't know whats going on with HLJ and the DMZ getting 30% off...AGAIN! I hope it doesn't mean the line is doing bad. I just received the DMZ-05 Turbo Custom (without discount). Haven't taken it out yet, but its darn gorgeous from the window box, and comes with lots of stuff. Heard a lot of praise on this one too, and if its just as good as the other DMZ I have, its sure a winner as well. Would be a real shame if such awesome line doesn't do well and HLJ has to clean them off everytime. And I think they still have the DMZ-04 on 30%off, and still in stock after all this time. That toy is a great toy too...sigh. For once, the Chirico's face is not screwed up on mine. Not that its that great to begin with.

If you enjoy votoms toy info, consider getting a copy of the current Hobby Japan Plus vol.4. It has a very big coverage on votoms stuff from 1983-2007, as well as a bunch of very nice custom models.
Anonymous User
This is too tempting. I pre-ordered this but cancelled this because I was tight on cash at some point. However, this is starting to look attractive again. Hmm.... I hope it'll still be available after I get my April paycheck. There's just still too many things to buy between now and March - CMs Legioss+Beta, God Marz, and reissue Takara Batman Begins!!
It's hard to be angry at a discount, but those mother F***ers! I paid over $200 to get mine from them (including the early bird 5% discount). Now that a few places over here are importing them directly, I no longer have to bend over for HLJ on these. Scott T. Hards, I'm pointing at you.

My guess is a combination of lack of knowledge they even exist, (Votoms isn't very well known outside Japan, and Takara doesn't really advertise them), and shipping charges. I know all too well that every DMZ I bought from them (all 5 so far) had a nice big $50 shipping charge tacked on. So a $150-$180 piece becomes a $200-$230 piece. That's a hard sell to anyone that isn't apeshit for Votoms.

I did get the Rabidlydog at discount, but only because they initiated it as soon as they got it instead of waiting a few months like this one.

I love the DMZ line, the quality is great and I've never felt I was paying too much (for the toy) until the last two releases. The jump in price from the Strike to the Rabid was completely unfounded. It's about 90% the same toy for 40% more money. The STC is full of features and comes with a ton of stuff, but it really wasn't that much more in the way of new molds.

A Brutishdog is in order and since it's much closer to the first DMZ, I'd "assume" it would be closer to the $100 price of the DMZ-01, but I doubt it.

As for the Honkeytonk "thing" it's fun to look at an monitor its progress, but for something I'd actually purchase, I think I've awoken from the dream of it being even close to $500. If it were a Bandai Jumbo Grade, maybe it would be around $200, but this is going to be along the lines of those statues stores put up.

I'll just earmark my dough for the R/C STC from Yamato. BTW the Yamato stuff is on sale at www.tmpanime.com.
I just took mine out last night and the joints were overall improved, mainly a much sturdier hip and a wider range ankle. I did find the shoulder hydrolic joint looser than my other DMZs, but I took the arm apart and fixed it with inserting a piece of paper in the joint and add friction. Easy fix. The knees are now double ratchet joints, instead of the old ratchet + friction double joint. Awesome new leg gimmick by the way.

However, looks like Takara sealed the feet even better this time, so I have no idea how to take it apart and insert metal inside to give it more weight (for doing those extreme gliding poses without falling). Too bad... I did the weight thing to my DMZ-01, and it feels like a gokin now LOL. Just a bunch of coins (as many as you can fit in there, then seal them in place with kneaded eraser (probably sculpy will work too). DMZ-04 got trickier as the screws are all hidden, so I only managed to open the front half with only added weight to the toes. But for this TC, I couldn't even fins a gap or panel that might be hiding the screws. I bet they are underneath the triangle roller dash thing in the inner side of each feet. But I couldn't figure out a way to even loosen up that piece. Don't think it'll help even if I pry with screw driver. It'll just dent the outside. So might need to give up on the mod on this one.
Anonymous User
For you dudes who bought the DMZ Turbo Custom, does it come with the same weathering effects as DMZ-01? And does the new Chirico still give problems when seated inside with the hatchet closed or is this issue resolved now with more headroom inside?

Plus - do they include the new manipulators that came with the round mover set?
DMZ-05 have different weathering than DMZ-01. No mud splat or chipped silver metal bits. Its still has the black panel lines, but with some airbrush spray here and there instead. No painted decals too. So it looks pretty clean, but still look nice. It kind of fits the story, as these TC appeared in the Last Red Shoulders OVA was built from scrap scopedogs by the Chirico & company right before the mission. So not fancy fresh factory deco or military markings makes sense. Turbo Custom also has a greener green (closer to forest green), while DMZ-01 is more of a yellow green, more beat up and dirty, but no subtle airbrush like the TC.

I haven't tried sitting the figure inside on this one, so don't know. But the hatch does close even on the old ones I have. Its not that it doesn't have head room, but rather no a lot of room for Chirico's hands resting on the 'joysticks'. So one way to fix it is just not pull the 'joysticks' or the control panel all the way up, while Chirico can still maintain a piloting pose with the hands.

DMZ-05 comes with the sucky hands, as well as a pair of poseable hands with multi-jointed fingers. So you get both. Sucky hands are better for holding weapons, but the poseable hands are better for the left hand and do all kinds of posing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2008 10:02PM by mpchi.
Call me stupid but I LIKE the old skool fat fingers better than the pseudo-Gunpla ones. I just wish Takatomy gave several pairs of fixed-pose hands...
Anonymous User
Thanks! I like the subtle airbrush effects. I'd take it that TC paint style would be more similar to Strikedog's. I've never seen one up close and personal and the pics on the net don't seem to be clear enough for me to tell either. Awesome - can't wait till April! ;P
drifand Wrote:
> Call me stupid but I LIKE the old skool fat
> fingers better than the pseudo-Gunpla ones. I just
> wish Takatomy gave several pairs of fixed-pose
> hands...

Having multi fixed-pose hands would be a god-send. Every time the fingers fall off, I am once again tempted to super glue the thing for good, But this would making switching weapons a pain, and I lose the possibility of a hand not holding weapon. The new poseable hands from the Turbo Custom does work very well. Wonder if they improved it from previous since I don't find any of the fingers pop out easy at all. They actually never fall off. I got a finger that is looser, but good that I have a pair. I'll swap all the good fingers to my left hand, and use the right hand as spare parts. Since I'll use the 'sucky' trigger hand to hold weapons mostly anyway.

About the hatch can't closed well with a figure sitting inside cockpit, I tried last night. Works fine, as long as you sit the guy in there correctly. Shuts pretty tight too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2008 06:45PM by mpchi.
Just got my DMZ-05 Turbo Custom all assembled, with minor silver spots weathering so it doesn't look too clean. So now people can see the color and paint difference compare to a DMZ-01 with Red Shoulder parts. The DMZ-01 Red Shoulder Custom sure look more busy with all the weathering and painted decal. Even the weapon parts have more sculpted detail on them. But the overall form does look more clunky (since Chirico just slapped whatever weapons he could find in the warehouse to put on a normal Scopedog). The Turbo Custom on the other hand looks simpler in some areas, but more streamlined and slick. Weapons feel more tailor made. Rabidlydog in the back of course towers over these two. It is pretty much one of the biggest & the most advanced AT in the series afterall. Love them all.

As a side note, if you have both the RSC & TC, their missiles are identical in shape, but the RSC missiles have a deeper red color. Looks better if you swap the missiles between the two figures.

Anonymous User
bunch of new stuff, including 1/20 FATTY!

Pailsen Files has brought a lot of the designs out for retrogrades. The only thing there that's news to me is Bandai doing a kit of the Fatty. More Actic Gears I'll have to grab.
I cannot wait for the Max Factory 35th scale Fatty to drop! hopefully they won't be super limited or anything.
What are those 1/48 Scopedogs at the left bottom corner of the second page in Anavel's post?
Anonymous User
MO Craft resin kit, from Votoms Palisen Files, episodes 3 and 4

[www.hlj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 12:23PM by Anavel.
Ah, explains the price. Too bad. It looks cool.

Anyone know what's going on with Bandai's models?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer