Ah, Anime Expo, my all-time favorite geek convention. Lets me catch up on all the current anime. Kurau Phantom Memories, by the way, was really good, or at least the first episode was.

The Toynami booth was interesting. I spoke with George Sohn for a bit, or rather he spoke for a bit. Nice guy. I remember interviewing him years ago when I was doing freelance blurbs for Toyfare.

Anyway, he talked a lot about the Alphas, mostly because some dude next to me was officially interviewing him about it (by officially, I mean he was writing intently on a yellow notepad as George talked, so he was either writing an article or he belonged to Macrossworld :)).

George said the re-engineering was mostly due to mold wear, and he didn't seem to note any QC or general problems with the Masterpieces. Then again, what company president would? He said only the hip joints were being reengineered, which probably corresponds with what people have been saying.

Anyway, here are the pics, and no, I was not drunk (merely photo-incompetent):

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 04:07AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Alpha-Beta 1.jpg (60.6 KB)
open | download - Alpha-Beta 3.jpg (87 KB)
open | download - Alpha-Beta 4.jpg (65.6 KB)
open | download - Alpha-Beta 2.jpg (73.6 KB)
Also, the 8-inch Voltron has been nixed. In place of it is an all-plastic version of the Masterpiece Voltron, which you can only get if you buy 5 pairs of Voltron-themed Reebok sneakers. Yes, nothing better to help a geek pick up chicks (or dudes) than Voltron kicks:

More pics (Cyclone, Alphas w/ missile pods, and Beta):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 03:47AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Plastic MP Voltron 1.jpg (86 KB)
open | download - Ride Armor 1.jpg (76.4 KB)
open | download - Alphas.jpg (74.6 KB)
open | download - Beta.jpg (85.3 KB)
Final thoughts: Man, the Beta is impressive in person. It's freaking huge.

Also, I found this business that actually gets things for you in Japan. However, I don't know anything about it. Do people here have any opinions or complaints about this place? Because I'd sure like to know.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 03:53AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Cool Japanese Auction Business!.jpg (132.4 KB)
> Also, I found this business that actually gets
> things for you in Japan. However, I don't know
> anything about it. Do people here have any
> opinions or complaints about this place? Because
> I'd sure like to know.

In case you're NOT kidding.....do a search. We've discussed Celga many times. (The last thread was earlier this month!)

Jape
Whats the lowdown on the purple and black colored Super Poseable? I assume its from the new movie. I'll have to get that to complete my collection.
japester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Also, I found this business that actually gets
> > things for you in Japan. However, I don't know
> > anything about it. Do people here have any
> > opinions or complaints about this place?
> Because
> > I'd sure like to know.
>
> In case you're NOT kidding.....do a search. We've
> discussed Celga many times. (The last thread was
> earlier this month!)
>
> Jape

We have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2007 08:15AM by gingaio.
Celga has been good to me :) I think they kick a lot of ass.
Actually, what I really want to know is how M-World Service is. I've never heard anything about that business here.
Celga rocks. Reasonable pricing and easy to to deal with. I've been using them for about two years now and have never had a problem.

Here's a link for their Yahoo Japan auction order service.
[www.celga.com]

I use the Rinkya.com search engine but order from Celga.com because they are a lot cheaper.
xiombarg, do you have a link for Rinkya.com?

gingaio, any release dates on these?
Here's the Rinkya homepage link. [www.rinkya.com] The search window is on the left side.
Just an FYI for anyone interested. Depending on what you are searching for it often helps to use company names or the anime/ series name instead of character names depending on how popular or obscure the character/ toy is.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I seriously can't believe this has gone on as long as it has...

Kudos, gentlemen. ;)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
cae
I hear a dealer named Steve Agin is the way to go - anybody here dealt with him before?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Roger Wrote:
> xiombarg, do you have a link for Rinkya.com?
>
> gingaio, any release dates on these?

Rog: George Sohn said that Rinkya.com probably won't be ready for another year or so (it's the one that hooks up with Celga.com).

Corey: Yeah, Steve Agin is great. Last I heard, he was unloading a box of vintage Big Scale Yamatos for $24.99 a pop. You can always count on a great deal from that guy.

Xiombarg: I'm looking for Robot-Japan.com's site, too. Thanks in advance!
Ah, the humor of those that don't get out much.....

Jape
On behalf of Xiombarg and Kiriko, I'm quite insulted and disappointed. All they were doing was trying to help out with comments and links, and here you come with all this negativity talking about people who don't get out much. That sucks, man. It almost makes me want to find Corey's mom so I can shave her arm.

Seriously, though, do a search for "the humor of those who don't get out much." You might find what you're looking for.

Good luck!
I actually thought Roger was being serious! It seemed a little strange..

And for you Gingaio, just in case you get to drunk to find it any other way, here you go..
www.robot-japan.com

..just keep clicking it, you'll get there eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 08:01PM by xiombarg.
Thanks to Xiombarg's gracious help, I was able to locate www.Robot-Japan.com, where I found new Mospeada toy pics (Megahouses's Cyclones and Inbit??). See attached pics (originally from the Toys Kingdom forum, discovered by way of Robot-Japan).
Attachments:
open | download - Cyclone 1.jpg (180.5 KB)
open | download - Cyclone 2.jpg (173.1 KB)
open | download - Inbit Cyclone 1.jpg (181.1 KB)
open | download - Inbit Cyclone 2.jpg (55.4 KB)
Yeah, I sent some info about this to the Robotech folks:

[www.rdfpodcast.com]
Roger Wrote:
> Yeah, I sent some info about this to the Robotech
> folks:
>
> [www.rdfpodcast.com]

Thanks for the link. Are you sure those are Miracle House/Aoshima's ride armors, though?

The signs say MegaHouse, which makes me think these are the Beagle-produced ones that are in legal limbo.

In any case, there are so many companies involved that it's pretty confusing.
I can't believe I read through this whole thing. You guys are killin' me...(rolling on the floor, laughing out loud...anyone know of an abbreviation for that?)

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
gingaio Wrote:
> Thanks for the link. Are you sure those are
> Miracle House/Aoshima's ride armors, though?
>
> The signs say MegaHouse, which makes me think
> these are the Beagle-produced ones that are in
> legal limbo.

I get all of these fucking houses confused. I guess they're Megahouse.

> In any case, there are so many companies involved
> that it's pretty confusing.

If you don't see anything from Beagle in the next few months, I would count them out, which would make only three companies making MOSPEADA stuff.
Why? What's going on with Beagle?
Read the report.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer