[RUMBLE] Handsomely Complicated Mess / [HCM] L-Gaim Mk-II

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Anybody have any comments about this toy? How is it?

How much does one generally go for? (depending on condition)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 09:28AM by AlenYen.
It's ok. The hands have a hard time holding the big gun so I keep it attached to the right shoulder. The ball joints for the hands are loose.

I like that that the torso is rubber. I got mine serveral years ago cheap 9like $11). This was the reissue, which is the same as the original I believe.

There's also the R3 version. I have that too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's also the R3 version. I have that too.

How does it compare to the HCM version?
Vincent,How does the rubber waist joint work? Is it a rubber coating over standard joints or a totally rubber waist?
Sanjeev (Admin)
MechaBlazeEagle Wrote:
> Vincent,How does the rubber waist joint work? Is
> it a rubber coating over standard joints or a
> totally rubber waist?

We have come full circle. We are complete.
MechaBlazeEagle Wrote:
> Vincent,How does the rubber waist joint work? Is
> it a rubber coating over standard joints or a
> totally rubber waist?

I'm not Vincent (alas!), but I think I can answer the question...

It's a rubber sleeve that fits over some normal plastic or diecast parts (I don't know what material, the rubber covers it).

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Rob Knotts Wrote:
> Vincent Z. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There's also the R3 version. I have that too.
>
> How does it compare to the HCM version?

The R3 has a movable frame like a MG Gundam, although once on it's hard to get some pieces off and I don't want to risk breaking anything. Be real careful with the hands since the fingers are very small and have the potential to be lost. It's a bitch to get it to hold its big cannon properly. I do like the detail on it though. I love how the shields have a clear bluish grey covering panels.

While the HCM is a bluish grey, the R3 is just grey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2007 06:55AM by Vincent Z..
Anonymous User
So, I went ahead and bought it, 15 bucks, and appears to be minty fresh. So I figured why not.

The R3 does look like a simply amazing kit. But I don't like the design enough to warrant paying the 5500 yen for it

Thanks guys.
mcfitch (Admin)
Not Blaze
Vincent,How does the rubber waist joint work? Is it a rubber coating over standard joints or a totally rubber waist?

Don't think that asking about waist joint will lead anyone to believe that you're actually the real Blazeagle.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Get over it already. I'm BlazeEagle, believe or don't.
Thanks for the info thomas, it's very much appreciated.
mcfitch (Admin)

Get over it already. I'm BlazeEagle, believe or don't.

I think it's clear that I don't. Just tell me what Roger sent you in the mail. Why is that so hard? Why won't you answer the question, or at the very least acknowledge that the question has been asked numerous times? Because you're a fucking liar!
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Anavel Wrote:
> So, I went ahead and bought it, 15 bucks, and
> appears to be minty fresh. So I figured why not.
>
> The R3 does look like a simply amazing kit. But I
> don't like the design enough to warrant paying the
> 5500 yen for it
>
> Thanks guys.

Well, this question came up like a year ago, it seems to be becoming a regular thing, "how is the HCM L-Gaim Mk.II?"...

My main thing is to WARN YOU...seriously, pay attention to me right now.

There is a pair of little, tiny red pegs that the rear fins/armor snap into to, and they are supposed to allow the vanes to swivel and pivot for the transformation.

They are made from the most useless, brittle crap plastic you can imagine. THEY WILL BREAK, right at that little 'ear' that the vane clips into.

The only solution (barring you have the skill to pull a RTV mold off the part and cast it in zinc) is to carefully pull the joined parts (pin/vane) off the figure, move the vane to the new position and re-insert the peg. DO NOT try to do the transformation by just rotating and folding the vane, that WILL break the pin.

This is from experence, OK? I was able to fix mine but boy, it was a super king bitch pain.

You've been warned :)
Steve, does the size of the figure contribute at all?

This sounds like a pain to deal with. Thanks for the warning, it's taken into full consideration.
A quickie review of the two classics:

[toyboxdx.com]
I didn't know that the regular L-Gaim HCM couldn't open the leg panels. Just the Mk-I then?

drifand, now that you've done a mini review of those, you should talk about the 1/100 Hi-Metal version.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
My DX L-Gaim is not photo-worthy... the rubber hoses in the knees have all broken off!
Anonymous User
drifand Wrote:
> My DX L-Gaim is not photo-worthy... the rubber
> hoses in the knees have all broken off!

Thats pretty much unavoidable from what I hear. And thanks for the rumble!
I've got the Mk.II HCM and have transformed it many times. Mine has yet to break. I think the only real problem with it is that it isn't quite as flexible as it needs to be and that those hands refuse to hold the gun.
Sanjeev (Admin)
MechaBlazeEagle Wrote:
> Get over it already. I'm BlazeEagle, believe or
> don't.

Don't.

And y'know something, at first, I just said to myself, "who cares?" If it is or it isn't BlazeEagle, who gives a shit.

But then, it just wasn't sitting right with me. I've been thinking, y'know, it really IS kinda fucked up to be impersonating a disabled dude who used to post here. Who knows...the real Blaze may be dead right now...NOW how fucked up would that make what you're doing???

And for what? I mean, really. If you really ARE Blaze...and we're incorrect for not believing you...you're still NOT ONLY refusing to answer Roger's original question--which, incidentally, would prove to all of us beyond a shadow of doubt your identity--but you're ALSO simply refusing to acknowledge AT ALL.

For that...fuck you. No more polite.

Where's my killfile?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
SteveH Wrote:

> There is a pair of little, tiny red pegs that the
> rear fins/armor snap into to, and they are
> supposed to allow the vanes to swivel and pivot
> for the transformation.
>
> They are made from the most useless, brittle crap
> plastic you can imagine. THEY WILL BREAK, right at
> that little 'ear' that the vane clips into.
>
That's weird, they don't on my reissue HCM Mk. II. The plastic appears to be quite rubbery on mine... :S

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
thomas Wrote:
> SteveH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > There is a pair of little, tiny red pegs that
> the
> > rear fins/armor snap into to, and they are
> > supposed to allow the vanes to swivel and pivot
> > for the transformation.
> >
> > They are made from the most useless, brittle
> crap
> > plastic you can imagine. THEY WILL BREAK, right
> at
> > that little 'ear' that the vane clips into.
> >
> That's weird, they don't on my reissue HCM Mk. II.
> The plastic appears to be quite rubbery on mine...
> :S

If they actually addressed the problem by changing the plastic used for that part, than Amandra Komandra be praised and go, live in peace and be joyful!

Because the first release (which I got back in the day) was bad bad on that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer