[GLOWIES] Pics...

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2007 10:48PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - mosaic.jpg (474.9 KB)
Nice stuff!

That Daimon is a spooky toy, isn't it?

Dammit, I got to get me one of those Charatics Matangos.
cae
nice work, great toys!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
MattAlt (Admin)
Daimon's particularly timely since he's a foreign "yokai" that invaded Japan... from Iraq! (Well, Babylon, but hey, same thing.)
This is awesome Sanjeev!

Really love the Daimon square! How about that one by itself??
What movie was the Daimon from? Was it some Toho madness?
Simply beautiful! I have the pink version of that Manda. Wish it glowed like yours.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks for the comments, guys!

hypermook Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What movie was the Daimon from? Was it some Toho
> madness?

Not Toho, but Daiei of Gamera and Daimajin fame:
[www.amazon.com]
Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare...my favorite of the 3 showa Yokai Monsters movies! Daimon rocks! Screw Saddam--Daimon is a real villain! ...PLUS he even grows HUGE in the movie!

Oh, and hypermook, those Charactics Matango mini-glowies are REALLY hard to find. I had to preorder from Kaiju-Taro to secure that one.

Glad you guys like these. I have the full-size pics on my hd, so PM if ya want 'em!

Oh, and sketcher, that glowie Manda is actually a Gregory Edwards (formerly from Days-Old Antiques in Cambridge, MA) custom--not a stock M1--in case you're looking for it on ClubTokyo. And speaking of CT, I just checked out the pink one...that's pretty hot! If only they DID do a glowie of it in pink, huh?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Sanjeev (Admin)
I am honored to be counted among the "jerks" who've contributed to Mason's starting down the path to ruin (i.e., starting to collect vinyls)! Towards that aim--and also because posting pics of big scores is a hot topic these days--I'm posting my latest Celga haul I got this morning.

This shipment: 95% vinyl, fellas--no gokin love from Y!J this time (though I did score some Popy Jumbo missiles and pair of launching fists that I didn't bother to put in the shots below).

Hehe...could barely contain these guys in the light box...

That Jan Coogo mini-vinyl is actually NOT part of the haul; I've had him (loose) since forever. Now, imagine my glee when I saw the matching Jogo and Hakka loose in separate auctions a few months back!! I tossed Jan in with the others for the pic...because they shall never be separate again...*sniff*

Also, yes, that Dinosaur Tank is THE Dino-Tank Roger posted about before. Oh man, when I saw the thing, I thought I got ripped off. I mean, it looks like a totally normal vinyl dino-tank. Skeptically, I unbagged him and hit him with the blow-dryer. OH MAN. The sheer joy of seeing the slow color change is beyond words! I'm SOOO taking this into the shower with me in the morning!! Wonder if this thing'll change color just under really strong sunlight... :)

So, why the hell aren't there more color-changing vinyls out there!? I know, I know--vinyls don't need gimmicks...but ya gotta admit: glowies and now color-changing vinyls are HOT!

Lastly, I have no idea whether I should unbag that Grendizer mini-vinyl or not. I mean, it's not worth all that much (I paid around $35)...but it's vintage, y'knowmsayin? But, oohhh, the sickles come out of the shoulders. But, aawww, no holes in the hands to hold 'em. So...confused... Whatchall think?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2007 12:24AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - celga_haul1.jpg (449 KB)
open | download - celga_haul2.jpg (320.4 KB)
cae
the hell is that thing behind and to the right of Hipporito???

Post a single shot of it, puh-lese.

=)

hassenpfeffer
<Lastly, I have no idea whether I should unbag that Grendizer mini-vinyl or not. I mean, it's not worth all that much (I paid around $35)...but it's vintage, y'knowmsayin? But, oohhh, the sickles come out of the shoulders. But, aawww, no holes in the hands to hold 'em. So...confused... Whatchall think?>

Dude, go ahead and de-bag him. You can always put him back in the bag, bend those vintage Japanese staples close and nobody has to know...

I got some questions:

What is that blobby thing 3rd from the left in the back row?

and:

What is the thing on all fours in the front?

Take it from a fellow Jerk---FANTASTIC HAUL!!!
Anonymous User
The blobby thing is a Dokugan, produced by a small vinyl producer, Munie Maderie. I think that is the Christmas version Dokugan, released last winter.

The thing on all fours is Gazura (Queen ver.), produced by Dream Rocket as a Kaiju-Taro store exclusive.

Both cool figures that I have passed over before. Hmm, seeing them here makes me want them all over again.

Great collection of glowies, Sanjeev!
Your "latest shipment"(!) might be my entire glowie collection in...say, 5-10 years (if I'm lucky!). LOL

Verrah, verrah nice, sir.

Jape
Thanks for the info akum6n.

And Sanjeev, thanks for letting me know there's more stuff I gotta' have (grumble...).
You should follow the actions of the frog people from that episode of Spectreman. or that final Multi-Mecha Kaiju at the end of Getta G..Melt all of your glowies down and reform them into one HUGE 5 foot tall glowie King Kaiju !!!
Nice job! Those silhouettes look great! :)

I'll take the oppsing viewpoint on the Grendizer. I say leave it in the bag. You can still see it fine and besides, before too long you won't have room on your shelves for more and you'll need some bagged vinyls to hang from the walls anyway.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Sanjeev (Admin)
akum6n, you got it, man! That's exactly who those two mystery-kaiju are. I'll see if I can post pics of 'em tonight. There's a Super7 exclusive Gazura (green spray) if ya wanna see more of that sculpt now (including his extendo-neck!). And the Dokugan is just demonic!

As for the Grendy vinyl, I think I'll keep him bagged...just for now. If/When I score more mini robot vinyls, I'll probably unbag 'em all (obviously, I have the Star Zingers...and I have a mini Groizer X and the U5 Daikumaryu Popy-remake, too). They're just so cool, glow or not!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
Wow man! Now it's time to post another complete shot of all the little bastards glowing in unison. My focus lately has led me back to the vinyl side of life and whether or not I am one of "the jerks", I am being heavily influenced by these posts. Keep up the vinyl love!

Mmm, DinoTank!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, now is actually time to start looking into more shelving! THEN I'll try to get as many of them as I can into a single shot! ;)

Oh, and ChrisM, I love those last eps of Getter Robo G (well, Starvengers!). I ain't about to start melting my glowies, but if there's ever a house fire...!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
mcfitch (Admin)
"...whether or not I am one of "the jerks"

You are, and it's capitalized "The Jerks" ;-) I suppose you should feel honored. But make no mistake; Sanjeev is The King of The Jerks.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt &quot;I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!&quot;
Sanjeev (Admin)
sweet! new sig:

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
Sanjeev (Admin)
As promised, more pics of Gazura and Dokugan:

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2007 11:05AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - doku-gaz.jpg (483.6 KB)
open | download - gazura.jpg (391.3 KB)
open | download - dokugan.jpg (316.2 KB)
Sanjeev,
I've decided that I will send my army to annex your glowie collection through force of National Will. Its in your best interest. Really.

Will tomorrow be okay for them to go over and sack your capital??
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh yeah???

Well, I've got a call into Dr. West from Re-Animator and he's overnighting me some of that green glow goo...once I inject that shit into my glowies, you better watch your ass! That's right: vinyl kaiju nipping at your heels!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
heh...y'know its funny that you should invoke Lovecraft. That Dokugan looks suspiciously like what I've seen pix of the Fungi from Mi-Go should look like....

Vinyl glowies filled with warm, green glow goo,eh...hmm.....sexy....
Sanjeev wrote: <Oh, and hypermook, those Charactics Matango mini-glowies are REALLY hard to find. I had to preorder from Kaiju-Taro to secure that one.>

You got that right! I did however manage to get a normal version. Here he is with a kaiju eraser:

cae
Oho!

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
HA!! Is that a clear Red King??? He's certainly ribbed...for her pleasure...

I love it!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
cae
This is one of those Crystal Kaiju - they stand about 1.75" in height; clear plastic shell over a rubbery "innards" interior; you clip 'em from the sprue; cheap as fuck but also as cool - Paul Kaiju turned us on to them sometime back but I'd TOTALLY forgotten about the potential glow aspect.

Having re-discovered it, I took the pic and then ran back to my connection to revisit the thread, just to see which, if any, glowies Paul Kaiju had managed to score. I was dismayed, to say the least, to see that his match mine exactly.

In other words, while it is possible, in the world of random assortments, for two separate collections to be identical, it does seem to put a damper on the likelihood that what one is viewing IS a random assortment and not just a predetermined one.

=P

And here I was planning to get all questy like over a complete set of glowie crystal kaiju . . . sigh. Saved by the bell.

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
...Gods...I'd almost forgotten about those guys! With no size reference in your pic, I assumed it was MUCH larger!

But, oh man...with the different colors of glow gravel available, couldn't you just get a whole set--non-glowie innards or not--and just fill 'em up with different colors yourself??? That'd be killer!!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
cae
I suppose one could go that route - that or paint the interiors of the shells with glow, but the little goobie innards would be so cool glowing. I suppose one could paint them, maybe (rubber?).

The local bead shop (I'm in a hippie berg) has glowie seed-beads that have potential . . .

hassenpfeffer
I was messing around with the camera and a black-light, so I decided to add some pics to this thread.

My small, but slowly growing... glowing, army. I have a few customs in various states of incompletion, so I'll save those for later...

M1 - Hedorah

Marmit - MechaG

Slash - Gigan

Iwakura/Soul of Bullmark - Godzilla and Kanegon

Teh Gang

How did this happen? I could never do this again in a million years.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe...LOVE the pics, sketcher!

That Slash Gigan is nuts, huh? And, y'know, I've seen that Marmit MG so many times, but I've always passed on it. It's smaller than standard (8-9"), right? I love the sculpt though.

Also, I have that Iwakura SoB Giant Godzilla, but I didn't know they had a glowie Kanegon. They've just released a glowie Jet Jaguar, though!

And I'll see your Hedorah, and raise ya two more!

I bought that orange one on a whim at Super7 while Mason and I were in SF. Hoop game prize. DAMN, it glows killer!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2007 12:04PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - hedorae.JPG (344.4 KB)
open | download - hedorae_glow.JPG (244.7 KB)
Dude! That orange is really bright. How long does it last after the charge?

> Marmit MG... It's smaller than standard (8-9"), right?

Stands around 6.5". That was my first glow figure I grabbed a couple years back. I think I paid around 25 bucks, but you see them in the 40-50 range now. At the time, I was just curious what a glow toy would look like on the shelf. Now that you have me hooked, it seems that my focus is changing. I can't afford too many, but when I look now, it seems to be directed at the glow stuff.

> They've just released a glowie Jet Jaguar, though!

I must get that. JJ is the shit! Got a link?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, that orange is outta control, huh? I'm not exactly sure how it works--whether it glows orange on its own or if it's translucent in such a way that it just tints the glow light passing through it. Either way, it lasts just as long as the glow vinyl, dimming at the same rate.

See that orange Slash Mechagodzilla in my image at the very top? It's got the same stuff. And speaking of MG's, yeah, if only that Marmit were bigger... It's hot.

Glad to know I got you "hooked"! ;)

I'd love to post more bulk shots, but I have to figure out a new way to display them--my shelves are overflowing!

Oh, here's that Iwakura JJ:
[page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]

Now, if only someone would produce a standard-sized glowie of this guy... M1, ARE YOU LISTENING!?

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
cae

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
HA! That half-n-half Icarus shot's great! Excellent kaiju selection, man. Quite enjoyable.
cae
The THING in the mirror . . . !

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
HA!! Cleverer, as always!

Man, I really gotta get off me duff and start shooting stuff up again...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer