[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
Yeah Matt, we kind of knew that before when they canceled the Fuke Type

word is that the Fuke Prototype went to a good home. Everything has ended up in private collections.
[edit] Never mind.

That sucks about it now existing only in private collections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 01:36PM by gingaio.
MattAlt (Admin)
I didn't see anyone else here posting about their official declaration of bankruptcy. Apologies if reading that message wasted a whopping two milliseconds of anyone's time on teh Internets.
I was gonna say in my previous post that I didn't know about this, so I was glad for the info...wasn't sure how snarky/nerd-centric VF5SS was being, so I retracted my comments.

Anyway, given how ambitious Beagle was from the get-go, this is a shame. Guess it's time to start hoarding the Ride Armors now that the company's gone the way of Takatoku.
Matt, I forgive you. Also, I did not know.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
but they canceled the line shortly after the Fuke prototype was revealed. this was like a year ago.
Canceling future productions of a toy doesn't necessarily translate into "out of business and declaring bankruptcy," though. Damn shame. They were made up of people from other companies, weren't they? I wonder where and what they're moving on to.
<Apologies if reading that message wasted a whopping two milliseconds of anyone's time on teh Internets.>

You've wasted a helluva lot more than 2 milliseconds of my time over the last 10 years, Alt.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
"but they canceled the line"

You understand the difference between a company canceling a series and a company declaring bankruptcy, I hope? (Though when your company's entire output is the one series, I suppose it could be confusing.) Whatever the case, Beagle could conceivably potentially have made other toys after canceling the Fuke. They absolutely, definitely won't be now. Better?
Yeah I understand the difference. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post when you said, "Sad news to report: Beagle has gone out of business. No more 1/10 Ride Armors..." as if you were saying that the bankruptcy of Beagle meant no more Ride Armors. Because you know, the line was already dead like a Hokuto No Ken villain.
MattAlt (Admin)
"the line was already dead like a Hokuto No Ken villain"

Or like otaku, according to Toshio Okada!
this thread should be renamed "(no) MoreSpeeda"
Then the terrorists win.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
[www.amiami.jp]

this Legioss is so important they put it under Armored Core
Anonymous User
Is this just the IMAI kit again?
Naw it's a new kit by Wave. Aoshima was doing the old Imai kits I think.
It's probably this one:

[toyboxdx.com]

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
Anonymous User

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 07:15PM by Anavel.
More pics. Looks like its got a Mospeada stored in the chest.

[www.1999.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 09:03AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 10162451a.jpg (97.3 KB)
open | download - 10162451a2.jpg (95 KB)
open | download - 10162451a4.jpg (79.9 KB)
open | download - 10162451a6.jpg (103.4 KB)
Ah no option for opening missile hatches? Still comes with the old model kit style missile pod for the shoulder.

Needs the Breast Missiles.
have some panel lining.
Sanjeev (Admin)
If only it could transform...still, that thing's fucking gorgeous! Panel-lined or not.
Well you could always go for more subtle panel lining and not the Dalong.net style of the thickest lines a Gundam market can give you.
Just don't paint the panel lines at all for a toyetic look.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I guess Mospeada can only afford the second-tier production sample builders... looks nice, but also looks like it could look much nicer.

[prometheusrising.net]
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess Mospeada can only afford the second-tier
> production sample builders... looks nice, but also
> looks like it could look much nicer.

I'm not going to buy it but I think it looks great. It even seems to have unprecedented articulation and range of motion with no sacrifice of detail. I had no expecatations for it and I'm not underwhelmed at all, in fact I'm impressed by Wave's departure from the standard Legioss renditions. This looks like a stylized resin kit manufactured in plastic. In what ways do you suggest it could be improved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 06:18PM by Scopedog.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think he meant just the way it was built-up...not the kit itself. The panel-lining IS pretty fucking messy.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I think he meant just the way it was
> built-up...not the kit itself. The panel-lining IS
> pretty fucking messy.

Ah, I see that interpretation. I'm sure the hobby magazines will awesomize it somethin' fierce.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 06:27PM by Scopedog.
No joke, I'm trying to figure out why it's so messy. There are soooo many good Japanese studio model builders. Like I said, Mospeada must not be worth enough to hire any of them. Some relative rookie got a great opportunity, and did an OK job, but noticeably not great.

[prometheusrising.net]
Wave's design is based on a detailed up design created by Shinji Aramaki. The kit should be around 12 centimeters tall so some of that detail may be cluttered on something of that size.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> No joke, I'm trying to figure out why it's so
> messy. There are soooo many good Japanese studio
> model builders. Like I said, Mospeada must not be
> worth enough to hire any of them. Some relative
> rookie got a great opportunity, and did an OK job,
> but noticeably not great.

Most of Wave's model samples are novice-level build ups. I'm not exactly a novice but this is somewhat charming and appealing to me.

[www.be-j.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 06:47PM by Scopedog.
MattAlt (Admin)
The local Wave Be-J shop used to have multiple showcases filled with the actual built-up kits featured in Hobby Japan. I am really sad that they have had to close down all their retail locations.
Ohhhh man. Screw you Mospeada guys, Wave is reissuing the Burglarydog resin/plastic monster kit. Oh how I wish I had more money.

[prometheusrising.net]
does that mean we're past peak-Scopedog

also the Wave promos for other kits seem nicer I guess
I remember seeing a buildup of that Burglarydog conversion kit in an issue of Hobby Japan back when I was in high-school... probably like '05, and I've never seen the kit for sale. Would so love to squeak past peak-Scopedog for it.

[prometheusrising.net]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]

-Paul Segal

The first one cheats! It uses superglue!
Yeah, but considering all the new pieces that have come out in the last 12 years, there may be a way to replicate it today without cheating!

-Paul Segal

[blog.yahoo.com]

Three flavors of Legioss kit
Sanjeev (Admin)
Aww...for some reason, I got in my head that you meant they were doing all three modes. Eh well.

Incidentally, that Phalanx kit looks pretty sweet. I wish Yamato would continue making the non-Monster destroids as toys though...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer