[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
Beagle. Houquet. Ley.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 02:07PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - ap_20090320010923745.jpg (45.6 KB)
delta_7890 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I've been thinking of picking up an MH
> Blowsperior. I like the way it looks, but is
> there anything durability/play-wise I should look
> out for?

If you're familiar with the other Megahouse ones it's the same.
More Beagle.

[ga.sbcr.jp]

Thank you for making the tranny last.
I like how the Beagle Fuke-type fills out the space behind the headlamps. Good for the collectors of this series!
Anonymous User
drifand Wrote:
> I like how the Beagle Fuke-type fills out the
> space behind the headlamps. Good for the
> collectors of this series!

Heh-heh.. Fuke has *headlamps*... heh-heh....
Oh, I get it. You're referring to her breasts.
Seriously, the Beagle designs are gorgeous for the bike details which are impossible to realise in the CM's or MH versions. The CM's Fuke bike basically had nothing but a hollow space above the front fork...
The Beagle's are indeed very well designed. The transformation (of Stick) is a little too complex due to many moving parts. (I prefer the swift transformation of the old Gakken) but the fit and quality are decent. The details and proportion blow CM's and MH's away. The extra large box is unnecessary though. Almost 1/3 of the space is empty.
Big box design philosophy is courtesy of the hacks at Yamato's graphics team.
Anonymous User
I wonder if box size is becoming a shelf-line marketing ploy - where your product literally crowds other products off of the shelves and occupies most of the visual space.

"All your shelf are belong to us!"
I think it's more the globalization of their market. They know people are buying their stuff around the world and the box needs to protect the contents without going the dreaded twist-tie route.

That and the fact we all keep the boxes to this stuff so it might as well be nice. Not really anything new to the hobby when you think about it.
It's because Styrofoam is bad for the fishes.
Screw the fishes, give me more styrofoam.
Question for the Toynami Beta.. When I transform it from the flight mode back to the robot mode the head doesn't pop back out. I tried to press down on the shoulder but it seemed licked. What step did I miss? Thanks huys.
CMS will reissue Legioss & Tread with enhanced breast...
[store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp]
That lateral view looks...um... O_o;;; o_O;;;

...messy...
I see the extra weapons, too, to replicate that silly illustration from the home video release. So the nipples are bigger, whoopee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2009 10:45AM by Roger.
Sanjeev (Admin)
SWEET!!

Now, I can completely ignore it...AGAIN!
>with enhanced breast...

Cue Beavis and Butthead laugh.

He said breast.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
huhuh
So now it's less proportionately challenged, 'cept for the overgrown fins-in-arms, of course.
While I like the idea of the change and adding the cool weapon from the Artmic one-off illustration, it's too little too late considering the time has come and gone for the toy. Where's my parts pack? I'd pay a fee for the extra bits.

CM's needs to leave Mospeada alone unless they plan on doing some Inbit or Jim's Truck.

Is Megahouse still doing the Bartley? They've been pretty quiet except for releasing an insultingly expensive Cobra figure that must me made of platinum.

While I'm 100% on board with Beagle, I wouldn't mind finishing my set of the Megahouse line, especially if that vinyl Inbit pops up.
HAY IS THAT MORE SUPEDIA ART BOOK OUT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT ON THE 31ST?
This costs a lot of money.
Attachments:
open | download - drone1.jpg (191.8 KB)
open | download - drone2.jpg (176.4 KB)
open | download - drone3.jpg (178.4 KB)
open | download - drone4.jpg (184.9 KB)
I just saw on HLJ that Aoshima is reissueing the Legiosses, this time bundled together with the Treads, 10,000 yen cheaper than CM's set, so around 18k yen.

If the quality's good this time, I'll pick one up.
Got a link? All I can find are pre-orders for the Tread only for around 17,800YEN.
Bah, misread it. :(
Hi my first post & a big microman,robotech,macross fan.
Seeing this thread in a google search & the ref`s to 1/18th. I need know the Mospeasa climbers/Cyclones,who makes them & where as they do look workable with Microman - 1/18th scale. Thank`s
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Recently Matt and I were practically given the megahouse lancer by Ishida-san at Kaikodo. WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT... Man, that thing blows. I don't know what Matt thinks but I would be interested to hear.
tigertank Wrote:
> Hi my first post & a big microman,robotech,macross
> fan.
> Seeing this thread in a google search & the ref`s
> to 1/18th. I need know the Mospeasa
> climbers/Cyclones,who makes them & where as they
> do look workable with Microman - 1/18th scale.
> Thank`s

There's three companies making them, Beagle, Megahouse, and CM. The Beagles are 1/10 scale with the CM's being the smallest. I don't know the exact scale of the smaller two but I think drifand has all three so he would be better equipped to answer your question. The Beagles and Megahouse's are being distributed through Toynami so they should be easier to get in North America ala Previews.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:

> Thank you for making the tranny last.

You know, you don't have to mask your attraction to Yellow Dancer in feigned repulsion. You have support here. We won't make fun of you for your sexual orientaion, just your blockheadedness. >:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 05:17PM by RainBot.
MattAlt (Admin)
>>I don't know what Matt thinks but I would be interested to hear.

I actually like the Megahouse version best out of the three (the chintzy CMs being the absolute worst, and the super complicated Beagle being somewhere in the middle.) But then again I wasn't expecting much more than a built-up model -- It's more of a display piece than a plaything. And because everyone's going overboard trying to get "realistic" proportions, none of these new versions can even stand unassisted.

Only Gakken managed to turn the design into something you can actually play with without it breaking. I wish someone would just reissue that with a paint job, ala Yacolog's custom.

Now you know what I like? The Toynami Beta Fighter. That sucker is a TOY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 07:32PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - beta.jpg (319.7 KB)
Wow. That custom Gakken is incredible. I am stunned that no one picked up on this.
Oh, wherefore are the Gakken molds so neglected?
I loved my Gakken, and tried to customize it when I was far too young to do such a thing - I think that Yacolog job is what I had in mind. I fell far short of the mark.

I really want a Toynami Beta... but I don't want to spend money on the crappy Alpha to go with it. Here's hoping the Aoshima re-releases(?) will be improved...
MattAlt (Admin)
>>Oh, wherefore are the Gakken molds so neglected?

Totally. I really don't think anyone's made anything that truly rivals their DX Legioss or Ride Armor toys.

Whenever I confront one of the new Ride Armor toys (and yes, it's always a "confrontation" with all of this new stuff) I am struck by this comment Shinji Aramaki made when I interviewed him for Otaku USA magazine.

"...I'd handed over all of my materials and [the Gakken] engineers had produced a prototype when I was called in for a meeting. When I showed up, what I think was supposed to be the Ride Armor was sitting in a heap of parts in the middle of the table; they just couldn't figure out how to make it work. It all worked out in the end, because another one of their engineers, a really talented man, came on board and instinctively got what I was saying. Everything went smoothly from that point on, but... "

I need that engineer dude to drop by my house and transform the Beagle for me. ("Transform the Beagle"? Did I just invent a new euphemism for something?)
As in "screwed the pooch"?
I don't think the Beagle is that bad, is it? Yikes.
I'm waiting for a Rook Bartley/Houquet et Rose and "the Tranny" before I dive in.
MattAlt (Admin)
Not bad at all -- I respect what they're trying to do -- but transforming it the first time around felt like trying to unravel the DaVinci Code. It is complicated enough to give even the legendary Aquarion a run for its money.

I think the slim proportions are going to be a better match for Fuke (Hoquet?) than Stick or Rei, though.
RainBot Wrote:
> Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Thank you for making the tranny last.
>
> You know, you don't have to mask your attraction
> to Yellow Dancer in feigned repulsion. You have
> support here. We won't make fun of you for your
> sexual orientaion, just your blockheadedness. >:)

The Bartley is my favorite of the lot, and since the dawn of time it's always been the last one to get released or just skipped altogether in the model/toy arena. Finally Beagle decided to break the vicious cycle and make the Blowsperior last. It being the most complex, it makes sense to be last anyway and will benefit from the work on the others.
MattAlt Wrote:
>
> Only Gakken managed to turn the design into
> something you can actually play with without it
> breaking. I wish someone would just reissue that
> with a paint job, ala Yacolog's custom.

Remember the old Toynami Masterpiece prototype? It essentially was that. I wonder if they'll ever think about releasing it as some sort of exclusive.
Make it able to actually ride it in bike mode and call it a winner.
Fold - out foot pegs wouldn't be too hard to add to the Gakken toy.

The Beagle reminds you of the Aquarion, Matt? Your tales are getting scarier by the minute. My Military version remains in jet mode due to limited shelf space during renos. I haven't devoted time to it yet... there's something quite wrong with toys taking more time and effort to transform than building a complex model kit.

Bartley's bike looks wonderful, but the Blowsperior has been my favourite since I first saw it as a "Cy-Kill" Go Bots model kit (!) in the 80s and regognized a cooler variation of my much-loved Gakken Ride armour. The 80's U.S. re-labelling import craze was a strange time to develop attachments to toy designs...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer