[RUMBLE] MoreSpeeda!

Posted by MattAlt 
How do they ship to countries outside the USA? EMS? I see they don't accept Paypal...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I didn't notice you were outside the US. I don't think the Robotech store sells outside NA due to the limits on their license.

Then maybe go with HLJ after all.
There are no limits on what Harmony Gold's or their licensees can do with MOSPEADA-oriented stuff outside of Japan.

Their site says they will ship to almost any country except Japan:

[www.robotech.com]
So I got my Beagle Mospeada yesterday. Holy geez! Believe the hype! It is as good as we had hoped for. Damn getting the whole crew in this style is going to cost a small fortune. :/
Sanjeev (Admin)
Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I got my Beagle Mospeada yesterday. Holy geez!
> Believe the hype! It is as good as we had hoped
> for. Damn getting the whole crew in this style is
> going to cost a small fortune. :/

Bring on the review, Atom...

BRING IT!!!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
The review is simple, buy it!. The only thing one might not like is it's borderline doll territory, dare I say its like a Spiral Zone toy.
Some pics of the Toynami box lifted from an auction site.

I was expecting them to have it in ride armor mode to keep the box size in line, this tray is a bit goofy like the bike is trying ride him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 05:41PM by Chirico Cuvie.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
... like the bike is trying ride him.

Maybe this is a packaging variant for Soviet Russia.
ETA - 24 to 48 hours to posting both the video and the written review. :) HD too, thus the delay as I work thru the learning curve of editing in new software.

Sanjeev Wrote:
> Atom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So I got my Beagle Mospeada yesterday. Holy
> geez!
> > Believe the hype! It is as good as we had hoped
> > for. Damn getting the whole crew in this style
> is
> > going to cost a small fortune. :/
>
>
> Bring on the review, Atom...
>
> BRING IT!!!
[store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp]

I blame Roger for this.
Anyone have a broken CM's Ride Armor they want to sell for parts?
Ley gets a ride.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
I'll wait for Toynami on this one, a friend has a source for Toynami at cost so paying $80 more for a different head and flimsy packaging is less appealing this time around.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, either way, this is good news. I was a bit worried that Beagle/Toynami wouldn't pull it off enough to justify doing all the main characters. I'll probably hold out for Toynami's Lancer because those shield/blades (CADS-1 system, you fucking nerds! I didn't even need to look that up! :P ) are hot as balls.
With all the gender puns in Mospeada they might as well have called them NADS-2.
Given the rate at which they work, the Lancer version should be out by 2011. I really hope that the bulk of the engineering was done on the first one so it won't be another two years for the next one.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Uh...didn't they just say that Ley's was coming out in May?

I assume there won't be THAT long a delay before Yellow's after that. And eventually Hoquet's...?
Well the jump from Stick to Ley is pretty small, the jump to the others will be much larger.
Well based on my conversation with George over at Toynami while at Toyfair, Stick and Ray would have to sell close to 3500 to 4000 units each (between Toynami's and Beagle's allotments) for their to be a Lancer and/or Rook made. Those would require approximately 40% retooling of the existing molds if they where done.

Sanjeev Wrote:
> Uh...didn't they just say that Ley's was coming
> out in May?
>
> I assume there won't be THAT long a delay before
> Yellow's after that. And eventually Hoquet's...?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Goh...that sounds like a lot...

Here's to hoping! These sure look like GREAT toys!
I agree. So everyone get to buying multiples please, I want a full set in this scale. ;)

Sanjeev Wrote:
> Goh...that sounds like a lot...
>
> Here's to hoping! These sure look like GREAT toys!
That actually doesn't sound like that much considering that's worldwide. My plea to Beagle is don't follow this bizarre pattern that somehow got started, and make Bartley the next one.
[wildcats.pupui.jp]

Looks like I was right, thank you Beagle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 12:10PM by Chirico Cuvie.
Actually, I am 90% sure it's a Dark/Shadow version of the Mospeada. Not Rook's or Lancers. Again, they need to sell close to 4000 units of each of the Stick and Ray's, so while I hope and think they will do the others we won't see those till 2010 at the earliest.

Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> [wildcats.pupui.jp]
> t_item.html
>
> Looks like I was right, thank you Beagle.
That silhouette sure looks more like the Bartley, especially in the front. I'm not saying it's going to be out next week, but it marks that they are probably going to reveal their pre-production work on the others to get people interested.
I agree it kind of looks it. Let's hope, but don't be surprised if it turns out otherwise. But again I'll be hoping right along with ya.... I really want a full set of this team in this scale.

Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> That silhouette sure looks more like the Bartley,
> especially in the front. I'm not saying it's
> going to be out next week, but it marks that they
> are probably going to reveal their pre-production
> work on the others to get people interested.

Finding the source art makes it easier.
OK. I have to admit, I think you're right. =)

Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> [farm4.static.flickr.com]
> faa52c4.jpg?v=0
>
> Finding the source art makes it easier.
I apologize if this question has been addressed previously. I can't seem to find any complete comparison. What is the verdict here between CM's Brave Gokin Legioss/Tread combo and the Toynami Masterpiece Alpha/Beta? Which version has better quality/tansformation/combination mechanism? Collection DX's video review seems to favor the Toynami Beta over CM's. I recalled that the Aoshima Legioss was a disappointment. How about the Alpha?

Thanks for any comment.
If you only can buy one version and must have the A+B combo, AND DO NOT WANT ANY WORRIES, get the CM's version. The only real issues are the offbeat proportions of the Alpha and the price.

For the Beta alone, the Toynami one is superior in size and is at least as well made as the CM's. Unfortunately, the Toynami Alphas TEND TO HAVE PROBLEMS. AFAIK, not a single Toynami Alpha release has completely fixed all the issues that owners have complained about.
Anonymous User
The reports I've read indicate that the CMs set won't actually dock with one another, though, but that Toynami's actually will.

Here is a very detailed comparison between the two sets:

[anymoon.com]
The connection between the CM's toys is really lousy, but if you don't care about connecting them, they're two awesome toys that really evoke the spirit of the old HCMs.

The Toynami Alphas are lousy in terms of quality, but the Beta is said to be incredible.

Personally, I only care about the Beta, so the Alpha can go screw. ;p
I fucking adore my CM's Legioss & Tread set. It gives great toy.
That review completely skips the fact that the CM's Tlead/Beta has the pop-up missile bays in the shoulders and the Toynami does not.

I've got both, along with some apparently nonexistent well-made Toynami and Aoshima Alphas. The price for going Toynami is less, and they're easier to find, but you're going to have to track down an Alpha and with the hit and miss QC of them it's a crapshoot. Also take note that the Toynami Beta is colored to match the Toynami Alpha, while the Aoshima Legioss are colored in a brighter hue. It's really not that big a deal, but if that matters then you'll need to make sure you track down a Masterpiece Alpha, not too difficult unless you want the blue one.

There is talk that Toynami is planning a gift set with a newly manufactured Alpha and Beta with minimal diecast, but so far it's not confirmed.

Both are good, both have strengths and weaknesses that balance each other out, so one really isn't clearly superior. It comes down to what you want out of it and what you want to spend.
Hey, you know I would settle for a non transforming alpha in fighter mode (make it like one of those diecast Matchbox planes) to attach to my Toynami Beta...

Oh and lets get on with the vinyl Invids...
Would the old Gakken 1/55 work? Granted, it only has two modes, but at least it's sturdy.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Anonymous User
Firing up the Way-Back Machine:

My gently-used VHS retail copy of LOVE LIVE ALIVE arrived today. Since I was spending some time at the studio this afternoon I made a quick copy of it to DVD (one of our studio's DVD recorders doesn't require you to create those annoying blue index screens, so its a nice, clean copy!) and a backup of it to a broadcast format digital tape so I can make a nice, remastered DVD later.

The tape was in virtually new shape so it played perfectly. But with the great original tape I was surprised at the quality of the actual original transfer, which really shows the low budget the OAV was produced with: lots of dust & fuzz on the cels & the print, plenty of rough film edits. And the "HiFi" audio mastering sounds horrible, with really bad, hollow sounding percussion in all the music. I thought my 1980s 5th-gen VHS copy just sounded bad. The original isn't much better.

But for all my crabbing about those issues, its really nice to have a good, clean copy of this old gem in my hands. Even better, the box is in great shape, with English song titles, and it comes with a nice little fold-booklet full of English cast, band & production credits and some notes just waiting to be translated.

All for about $20 after shipping - Yay! Much cheaper than the Y9800 original price tag..
Ray, had I known you were going to go through so much trouble to get that, I would have ripped you a copy from my DVD. ;p
Anonymous User
I didn't know you had one! 8-D It was part of my bundle of YahooJP stuff anyway, but thanks!
So I've been thinking of picking up an MH Blowsperior. I like the way it looks, but is there anything durability/play-wise I should look out for?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer